Technical Update

Telanir

let’s get an option C going, it sounds neat

Option C does sound like the best solution imo. Sure it may suck in certain scernarios but if it fixes the server, that’s pretty good.

Nice.

option C sounds the best for both short and long term honestly.

C) Axios 2 electric boogaloo rise of Grand ki gdom of Urguan

3 minutes ago, Telanir said:

we reach unprecedented numbers, almost 250 and even higher.

throwback to war of 2 emperors, where we had 300 people daily, the server ran better than it did now.
Shame you changed the rules to make something like the war of 2 emperors impossible from ever happening again.

TLDR; They’re working to fix the servers through various steps, a few restarts in the next few days should hopefully help lower the lag, and the improvements should be ready in-time to be applied for the next map.

is option C like axios where we had three different islands? would it be like that, splitting the world up? it works best with something like islands, because its less immersion breaking than reaching a point and going through a loading screen to travel across the same continent.

Option c

Option C sounds fine yeah, if y’all can get it working.

Having the tps lag on top of the chunk loading problems is really making it hard to stay motivated to RP.

I like the idea of an Option C, but only if it’s done right. 

Splitting the world up into like, three different islands like in Axios would actually be rather cool. I honestly think that keeping the server whole would be for the best, but if we go with Option A then it’ll only hurt it a lot more in the long term.

Hence, a division of regions in a way that makes IRP sense might actually be for the best.

The russians hacked my chunks, glad to see we’re getting them back