8.0 Announcement

NotEvilAtAll

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to post an update on the 8.0 map situation. Our world team has been working long and hard on this new map, and I’d like to share a single screenshot of it with you:

output128-3838878954_lrg.jpg

As you can clearly see, the world team has worked hard on this map. The full extent of the map won’t be revealed just yet, but I promise that it will be great. We have divided the map up into 4 quadrants, each of which will be inhabited by different nations with a 12-chunk shared region between each (to smooth out the transition). This will hopefully reduce lag and provide a better server experience. Furthermore, the lore and event teams have been hard at work creating unique flora and fauna to inhabit the new map as well as a 7.0 ending eventline that is sure to impress (yes, this is part of the reason that lore games have been taking so long), so hopefully the transition will be satisfactory.

8.0 will be ready in time for the summer, and the exact nation roster is set to be determined 1-2 months beforehand. Activity in all settlements across the server will be recorded, and the results will be posted publicly to ensure fairness. The current threshold for 8.0 nation status is 6.0% server activity. Any settlement that fails to meet nation standards won’t be given land at the start of 8.0. However, charters will still be able to be created as per the new charter rules. All of the 4 major races, halflings, kharajyr, etc. are guaranteed a charter as determined by Lore Location, so there’s no need to worry about key parts of the server’s lore and history being wiped out. If one of these protected communities fails to meet nation activity for 8.0, they will be given a free charter a week after the map begins that won’t be subject to any further activity requirements.

I would like to thank some members in particular for their hard work on this map:

@Vermy for their amazing ideas on the design, theme, and general framework of 8.0. Vermy has gone far above and beyond what was expected of them, and thus deserves my respect.

@Starfelt for putting in countless hours of work during the recent Covic-19 quarantine.

@Hiebe for helping organize and direct the world team on a personal level. Without Hiebe’s help, half of the world team wouldn’t have put in a quarter of the effort that they did.

@VonAulus for overseeing this great project and helping shape it into what it is.

With this, we are proud to announce the isle of Album, the next realm that the descendents shall walk on!

If you are a nation leader sign up for one of the 4 quadrants of the map below:

Spoiler

unknown.png

We have created several codenames for the 4 seperate servers the map will be divided into.

BOFA: Bluff OFrozen Andesite

-An andesite mountain range covered in ice and snow. Inhabited by wild yaks who’ll provide ample fodder for hunting events. Bordered by some lovely forests to provide ample wood.

LIGMA: Light Intensely Grassy Mountain Area

-A lightly colored mountain range with grass growing all over it. Man-eating flowers grow here that will be used for PvE events.

SUGON: Surreal Under-Gully ONess

-A strange gully with an even stranger lake in the middle. The lake will be inhabited by some monsters similar to the loch-ness monster.

UPDOG: Upper Plateau, Danger OGravity

-A plateau with strong winds. Travelers should be careful to not be blown off!

In order to sign up to inhabit a quadrant as a nation leader (or soon to be nation leader, if you reach 6.0% server activity), use the following format:

Name:

Weird fact about you:

Nation/Charter you lead:

What quadrant you want to inhabit in 8.0:

Why are so many server administrators creepy weirdos?:

Age (can’t be larger than 12):

Thanks,

World Team

recognise that pic anywhere

glad it’s satire, a map that over-detailed would be a ***** to navigate and look like **** w/ our render distance 

Nice meme you have here

I really thought we were about to have another ‘A’ letter map... 

Bofa region gang gang

i cant believe youve done this 

Nice.

Wtf let go of my profile picture 

I was gonna piss myself if you named it aLbUm

Just now, Telanir said:

Wtf let go of my profile picture 

send 0.0076 BTC to my bitcoin adress 5XqJtU5FGRzqrf1Ssx4MiKa7y95RdpJel

Nobody can top when Rittsy left the admin team on april fools and everyone thought it was a joke and then he never came back and people didn’t know how to react.

you still tried.

halflings dont deserve rights and this post is the reason why