To My Community

MunaZaldrizoti

Spoiler

This is just a post written to everyone on the server. Regardless of if we’re friends or not, or we’ve never met. If you hate my guts, or consider me a friend. To every human, elf, dwarf, orc, halfling player and every other player who still does roleplay here or has moved on since.  It’s early in the morning for me, but I can’t sleep, so I felt like writing this note to the server.

I appreciate every single one of you, for making this community a community.

I have a compromised immune system. A lot of my family are over the age of 50. I live not far from one of the first counties in my state that started the spread of COVID-19. And I am scared.

At first, back in early February, I said that the illness wouldn’t spread to much, that it might slow down once they began quarantines across China and around the city of Wuhan. I was wrong. So many were wrong, and used this falsehood as a way of comforting ourselves, as a way to cope with something that, to many in our generation, has never made a huge impact on our lives for the most part. As the weeks keep passing, I go from worrying that it will never truly end to being confident that it will. And that stresses me out even more.

Tonight, I saw a lovely video about a nurse in New York state, working 16+ hours at the age of 60, her life put at risk to care for people she doesn’t even know. It brought me to tears. Her optimism during this critical time in America is just a bright light during so much darkness. My mother lives in NYC, and this gave me even the smallest tinge of hope that she will make it out of this unscathed.

So, if we have been friends for years, or said negative things about eachother, or have never interacted at all, please know that I am so grateful and appreciative that you, as an idividual, have contributed to this community in some shape or form. Made friendships, told stories, and just helped to create a space to go during all of this madness in the world.

For me, my true lifelines have been @Dasdi, @Starryy, @Gilded, @Eryane, and @axelu. Talking to them, almost daily, and roleplaying with them helps me to relieve some of that stress and worry, even if for a little bit. I think it is important to identify the people that have been roleplaying with you, talking to you in discord, or just done you a kindness recently. Let that person know what they mean to you, even as a response to this thread. Because at the end of the day, even if we never meet in person, we can’t lie and say that the bonds we build on Lord of the Craft don’t mean something to us, in some way. If you ever wanna just message me, be it to vent about worries or to just talk about your day, my discord is linked to the left. Everyone needs someone right now, and a lot of us can’t see our families and friends during this terrible time. 

I love all of you, and I love everything this community has given me. Stay safe, wash your hands, even play some Animal Crossing. See you tomorrow  ❤️

Very wholesome... I can undoubtedly say I have met some great friends on this server and I care for them all hugely.

Thank you for making this post.

First off, I’d like to take a moment and thank Joel. It’s a very brave thing to do – to come out, in front of such a vast community, and pour out his sentiments as he just did. Every day, I’m astonished more by your capabilities and friendship. Ty for being there, as an older sibling would, for these (nearly) two years I’ve played now. ❤️ 

Thank you for sharing this with us, pouring your heart out, which is a brave thing to do, I hope things work out for you, and I hope that your mom will make it out of NY safe and sound. We will get through this. Wash yo hands and stay safe.

love you honey. I’m feeling a little irritable today- It’s not super important, but I’m glad I’m able to be here for you and I still have love for the people I know here, under all the layers of salt I’ve accumulated today.

@Gusano yo im literally pming you rn ily i hope you’re having a good day

@Herathus @Parion i wish i was more attentive to you guys and i love you so super much you can ask me where i am any time

@Demented_Delila hope you get to pet that cow one day

@GrandpaBlue yo, your succs are going to make it through this. they spent generations evolving themselves for the specific purpose of living in the actual desert, and will look exactly the same as you left them cus they can’t just die on you like that

@Cracker stay stalwart dibbo you’re such a rad dude

@DreamInSpace you’re pretty much my actual sister hope your dad is doing ok. ilysm

anyone who’s not on here can rest assured that they were spared my affection for today. consider yourselves lucky

@JoelTheGinger I appreciated seeing this so much. I think you’re absolutely right, that a lot of people tried to say that this wasn’t a big deal as a sense of comfort. I definitely did, because thinking about this rapidly-spreading virus scared me to think too much about. But there are so many more good people than bad in the world, and so many people are staying home to try and stop this virus from spreading further. I just hope and pray that it will come to an end soon.

Anyways, you know I am always here for you and just a PM away. What is happening is beyond stressful because nothing like this has happened since the Spanish Flu (I think). You always have me to message or rant to if your stresses become too much or you just simply need to get something off your mind. I’m here for you!