a quick 5 minute rant about seers of vaseek as a feat

IsaaKc

i agree with the theme of this post but for different reasons. I don’t like everyone having access to this as it just leads to a bunch of people meta gaming and everything being common knowledge. It takes the fun of being a seer away

1 minute ago, SourDough said:

n2cfv6T.jpg

based and dare i say, redpilled

Seer isn’t really something I care abt as far as consequence RP goes, because I can understand why people wouldn’t want to RP being 100% blind, mainly for the reasons that it can be very limiting in what you can actually do without the assistance of other actual players if you’re going for more realistic RP.

However its a different story with getting a hand, or your leg cut off, in my opinion. I hate the idea of magical limb prosthetics, especially with how seemingly easy they are to access and how widespread they are. If you wanna give your character a peg leg or something, go for it, but please not a ******* fully functional wooden or stone hand. It’s irritating as hell to see, especially when a character acts so casual about it or like nothing happened. 

just me tho

I get the whole thing, though I personally like the free range access to Seer. What I don’t like is people not rping the consequences of the magic, or minimizing them to an extent that they don’t exist. I’m a firm believer in mentally and physically ****ing up a character for development and Seer does a great job with that. Personally, I feel like there is too many people with it, but I guess it’s fine to me. The aesthetic and community around it is what I care about most since it’s not even a combat magic in either version. Though, I get where you’re coming from

11 minutes ago, MeteorDragon said:

I get the whole thing, though I personally like the free range access to Seer. What I don’t like is people not rping the consequences of the magic, or minimizing them to an extent that they don’t exist -snip- Personally, I feel like there is too many people with it, but I guess it’s fine to me. The aesthetic and community around it is what I care about most since it’s not even a combat magic in either version. 

That's precisely the problem. People don’t roleplay the effects right because it’s something you can just get on whim. There’s no need to prove yourself through roleplay nor act as if it’s an actual struggle when you can instantly remove a character flaw/development by merely posting an application. 

Seer players been real quiet since Isaac dropped this diss track. . .

I hate everything, but I can say seers are pretty high up on the list.

Personally there was a lot of character development when I went ahead and took seer. My character originally had two magics that he had practiced for nearly 400~ years in character and then after a brutal disease he lost his sight and could not longer use either of them. Even after he gained his sight back through Seer, I still rp him as being completely incapable of using the magic and developed him to be a lot more crazy, not how he was at all before. This could be an outlier, but there are a few good people who use this as a chance to actually bring more to rp than ‘muh eye gone am sad am get sight back’. To those that don’t do anything beyond getting eyesight back its a shame that they pass up on it to simply min-max. Anything that is ocular related to my character is slower, inefficient, and a dozen other problems that I actively change about the character.

its called sharingan and its a eye jutsu you ignorant ********** and **** ******

3 hours ago, SquakHawk said:

some dont want to rp consequence (or intentionally do it to gain a story to tell, ‘i lost my eyes by etc etc’)

z8zFIj7.png

>eyepatch

lol being blind on LotC is basically an unachievable death wish that limits characters so much. Seers serve a niche to offer some sort of substitute to essentially not lose their charafcter immediately and take an esoteric route into the magic.

It’s literally a point of who cares, if its not personally affecting your roleplay or detracting from it. There’s no reason to go after them, especially when its a self-guided feat that has little to no interaction with others

5 hours ago, ArchonRewrite said:

On the basis thereof, the non-slot-consuming magical feat Seers of Vaseek should not be self teachable.

Giving yourself magic while still barely attempting to understand the guidelines  seems very inefficient for quality in RP standards. Perhaps for evocation and such are better for it compared to prophetic cultured magics but it kills the mentor-student atmosphere otherwise. Magics were about community building before it became so loosely structured to promote freedom of role-play. This is beside the point though, i will offer a +1

my meme aside, i dont care. If its done tastefully, fine. I’m sure there are people who do some cool RP to become seers, but on the flip side you have your subpar RP; not much can be done about it. Anyways I love all of you please be nice and give me smiles and kisses ehehe. À̸̬͖͉̪̟̅̏̄m̶̙̤̮̪̩̲͍͉͚̅̔͆̕ ̶̪̖͚̟̲͈͖̹̤̼̲̮̆́̎̔̒̈̄̄̔̉̂̉̊͘͜I̸̥̔̃́͠ ̸̧̢̛̭̭͈͇͖̰̪̔͌̚à̵̘̱̯̜̗̳̏ͅļ̸͚̱͔̰̩̌͗̀̔̒̃́̄̊̈́ͅͅṛ̷̯̬̂́̓̏̊̚̚͠ͅį̵͓̝͍͇͍̬̣̜̤̜͎̄͜ͅg̶̞͓̞̼̳͚̤̻̩̼͈̿̊h̷̢̼͍͖̱̜̬̣̮͚͎͇͓̭̪̏̑͌̈́̏̈́̏̈́̽t̷̛̘͚̘̗͎̪̻͕̺̞͖͇̆͑?̶͖̹̪̟̙̺͙͙̞̲̫̟̩̖́̓̓̓̑̇͒̔͌́͐͊̈́͘

Edited by SourDough

listen here you little **** i dont think ur so intelligent bro like hahah do you even know what roleplay is my dude? Honestly I dont think you get to argue in this situation, my character Ilren has been around for FIVE HUNDRED YEARS yeah thats right thats like how many years irl ???? if u think im going to ******* let go of all my minecraft magics just because my eyes were removed irp well think again retard im too autistic to understand the concept of character progression and actually roleplay seer of vassek properly. Like bro, imagine if I roleplayed an actual cultic seer???? hahah crazy right????? who would ever do that right right ??? o my god i ******* love sutica bro i love roleplay i love rolaply i think your just fat and you dont understand the concept of “fun”