a quick 5 minute rant about seers of vaseek as a feat

IsaaKc

Get rid of the feat. The magic is fine, but get rid of this **** free-access feat. If there’s anything that eliminates the consequences to RP, it’s wannabe Bruce Lee throttling people whilst blindfolded. Put effort into your roleplay people.

I can’t tell you how much I agree. I RPed my blind character out for months before he became an actual seer, which made the magic that much more interesting when I got it. I’ve been saying this for a long while, and I’m glad to see it expressed on the forums. +1

SOmeone said this is a post about how too many people are making feat seers because it’s a self teach. Big agree that it should not be ?

Edit: Fury eat pp idjit

Edited by Deer__

13 minutes ago, Deer__ said:

SOmeone said this is a post about how too many people are making feat seers because it’s a self teach. Big agree that it should not be ?

Shut up monkey

Sure its kinda retarded that everyone can just instantaneously make a seer without backing it with any rp, but at the same time, who cares? It’s just like anything that gets spread about into excessive hell, it becomes a dumpster-fire. Anyone who played any form of seer well should have expected this, this happens to literally every niche when too many people get their hands on it, if something is meant to be rare and unique by the lore writer, they would have written it into the lore to not be self taught. If you rp seer, and rp it well, so be it, just don’t hang near the people who are being retards about it, there’s not much anyone can do here and it’s essentially Impossible to change anything without a MA wipe and a rewrite.

People are always going to find ways to avoid RP consequences. At least Seer of Vaseek and Runic eyes have weakness/downsides. Seer of Vaseek can only be used up to a certain range, while Runic body parts slowly kill the person. When any edgelord can just get their maims reversed via Cloud Temple without any downsides, this is the best deal we are ever going to get.

I agree with a lot of what you said, most of it, in fact. And yes, I did just post a Self Teach App for Seeing, but still. I don’t believe that Seeing shouldn’t be Self-Taught, but that those going into it should be more carefully judged, and watched closer until they can be trusted. I want to trust myself to roleplay this correctly, as I’m a die-hard try-hard, but I can’t. I think that this is going to be a challenge to Roleplay, but while having him be blind does make for a lot of character development, if Roleplayed properly, being an anxious seer could provide just as much.