Community Team Update - March 2020

LotsOfMuffins

Overall good work, particularly with the projects! However, I am still quite disturbed by the lack of player guidance as opposed to the month prior, as 141 new players were accepted, yet only a fraction of them received guidance. Of course, I’m not saying every player needs guidance, as even staff have other duties to attend to, but the current number guided certainly does not reflect good effort in that regard.

What is even more offsetting is that twice as many players were guided to Sutica as opposed to any other nation. I don't understand if it’s because Sutica is closer to Temple or the team has personal bias towards the nation, but regardless, this is something that should not be happening as frequently as it does. While I can acknowledge that some players may not wish to relate with a set racial nation, most new players tend to adapt quite quickly from what I saw as a CT, able to conform to set roleplay systems when they associate themselves with a more racially oriented nation, such as Oren (humans) or the Haelun’or (high elves). A nation like Sutica where there is no roleplay conformity or culture is certainly not a place where so many of our new players should be lead to start off. At the very least, nations should be getting semi-equal amounts go guidances per month (give or take a handful of variations).

As a CT, your job is to go the distance to ensure new players successfully fit into the community. Please try to make an effort to take people elsewhere, even if it means sprinting across the map for an extra five minutes. I obviously cannot speak for all CT, some of them may very well be taking those extra steps, but I implore those of you who this relates to to change your current course, for the new players’ sake. 

Otherwise, I look forward to seeing how your other projects will turn out! Peace. 

1 hour ago, Sorcerio said:

Overall good work, particularly with the projects! However, I am still quite disturbed by the lack of player guidance as opposed to the month prior, as 141 new players were accepted, yet only a fraction of them received guidance. Of course, I’m not saying every player needs guidance, as even staff have other duties to attend to, but the current number guided certainly does not reflect good effort in that regard.

What is even more offsetting is that twice as many players were guided to Sutica as opposed to any other nation. I don't understand if it’s because Sutica is closer to Temple or the team has personal bias towards the nation, but regardless, this is something that should not be happening as frequently as it does. While I can acknowledge that some players may not wish to relate with a set racial nation, most new players tend to adapt quite quickly from what I saw as a CT, able to conform to set roleplay systems when they associate themselves with a more racially oriented nation, such as Oren (humans) or the Haelun’or (high elves). A nation like Sutica where there is no roleplay conformity or culture is certainly not a place where so many of our new players should be lead to start off. At the very least, nations should be getting semi-equal amounts go guidances per month (give or take a handful of variations).

As a CT, your job is to go the distance to ensure new players successfully fit into the community. Please try to make an effort to take people elsewhere, even if it means sprinting across the map for an extra five minutes. I obviously cannot speak for all CT, some of them may very well be taking those extra steps, but I implore those of you who this relates to to change your current course, for the new players’ sake. 

Otherwise, I look forward to seeing how your other projects will turn out! Peace. 

As spoken about in the staff discord, if a new player requests to go to Sutica or mentions it in their application, that is where they were taken. Sutica is, for some reason, a very popular choice to include in applications, so since they request it, that’s where they’re taken. 

The issue I see is that the number is high compared to others. I informed my team to focus on Curon, Kaedrin, or Haense when I saw Oren’s guidance numbers higher than the other human nations, and that’s what they did. We will continue to do this for all nations that have more-than-average guidance numbers. 

In terms of not every new player receiving guidance, the issue is, we reach out to them, we put on their applications to make a /creq and give a specific command to run, we friend them on discord and ask them if they’d like guidance, and they don’t. When a new player makes a /creq or accepts the help, we provide, though. Our newest policy is that applications that are put on pending or accepted must be PM’ed on discord, which has already drastically increased the number of guidance from February to March, but perhaps there is some other method we need to take in order to encourage new players to receive guidance. I don’t know. If you have any ideas, please shoot me a PM on discord. 

3 hours ago, Lackless_ said:
3 hours ago, Hobbs_Burrows said:

Denying 45.9% of people? People have willingly sought out this niche, fairly hardcore themed server and you turn 45.9% of them away? I think you need to seriously evaluate your priorities and outlook

idk about that 1 chief

Denial doesn’t mean they cannot make a new application immediately or aren’t contacted with feedback. I have personally noticed some team members not providing a lot of feedback on denied applications due to the nature of them, which I have addressed, but other than that, a lot of applications are denied due to not meeting the standards, being put on pending and given 24 hours to make changes but no changes are made, breaking the rules in their app (by mentioning something against server rules such as brothels and such), or being “meme” applications. These are denied, but they are given a chance to reapply immediately. I recommend taking a look at the denied applications and reading some of them over or looking at the responses given. 

If you have any more feedback regarding this, shoot me a PM on discord. I’d be more than happy to explain anything further or look at specific applications that shouldn’t of been denied.