Community Monk Rules Update

puffables

Community Monk Rules Update

o5oJLITTOqylBC8y6K56ZzwrpbJIqwrbn64iS6vrDAELDKjSSWrKkCgRuqfaRH91YyLpu8OCGeAkMpTOoNi9tUHWaNTzbkXZR1Dfs_TIObDLGUp2oyK1MoivuHNY7uCfYvH6oWoN

After much deliberation and thought; the Community Team has decided that in order to ensure roleplay and the protection of New Players, Monks will now be allowed to perform Combat RP whilst also keeping their aura of protection on.

This means that Monks will now be effectively able to protect New players when they are guiding them, whilst also showing them what a real combat scenario is like, should any guards or bandits attempt to rob them.

Monks will be allowed to stay in godmode if others initiate a PVP timer, and switch in/out of godmode in order to attack others, whilst also remaining impervious to damage.

We understand that this may cause some discomfort, as many will claim that we are powergaming, however, we would like to say that this is all for the benefit of the server, and the community of LotC.

We hope that the community will understand this decision, and understand that it is for our own good that Monks be given these privileges and powers.

Alongside this; the Aura of protection will be given a buff, to where it will now be able to defend against certain weapons, and reverse the effects from the player, onto the person.

Here are the following weapons that the Aura of protection can reverse the affects of, and place any damage onto the player:

- Swords

- Bows

- Lances

- Spears

- Shields

- Crossbows

- Daggers

- Maces

- Axes

Note: This does not mean that the Aura of protection can only protect against these weapons, rather, these are the weapons that it can reverse the attacks of, so if someone were to attempt to attack a monk with any of these weapons, they would feel the repercussions and suffer those wounds. The list will have more items added to over time depending on how the community team sees fit.

We hope that this change to the rules will help to better your experience in Lord of the Craft, and thank you so much for taking the time to read this informational document.

Best Wishes,

Ttsim

Community Team Member

Any questions, comments, or concerns should be directed to community member Ttsim via PMing on the server, or DMing on discord. 

Date Published: 4/1/2020 13:00 EST

Expiration Date: 4/1/2020 13:01 EST

April Fools.
((puffables did not willingly post this I was held with a gun to my head :blinks twice: please help--

yeah i can’t support this

image.png.7681a9c7d39c3eb037ea641f511601d4.png

well at least i can still pitchfork lynch monks still even with this buff

A Wise decision by our Community Team.

I hope that we can work together as a community to strengthen the server and improve RP experiences.

wheres the line between guiding a new player and walking around a random city by themselves, impervious to any forms of damage or pvp? lots of times monks will be in godmode whether or not a new player is present, seems a lil OP to me and easy to abuse.

*edit: If this isn’t an april fools joke of course

Edited by Aidoro

Clarification: Monks can only (lore-wise) fight in defense.

Oh it’s April Fools Day

ah yes a rule update to actually protect and encourage pex abuse. bringing /god into rp I see

At the very bottom in tiny text it says April fools. All of you are amateur's.

Just now, simatra said:

At the very bottom in tiny text it says April fools. All of you are amateur's.

clearly it wasnt clarified to the CT team as they literally pulled this out earlier in rp

putting my community team app up as we speak, time to become invincible in pvp...

(of all the lotc april’s fools jokes, this has got to be the best one lal)

As if you shitters could even land a hit with godmode on. ha.