[✗] [CA Race Lore] - [Olog Amendment]

Panashea

Origin

BKq1eyCoW28KvWSuqgjMB1032x-JbOI6OsenelpUPUis6Gq-XvQ7d6wUdLNve8bg9WDlEsBxSgHWzD6Y8MGEd2cDBN8nkF69NDKjMpZV1-WwHLxWSiQEoYVL9_pT_4jL28CNpE2z

Trolls were born from Iblees. He envied the strength of Krug and his people, and sought to recreate them as monsters of his own. He took the blood of Krug in their battles, and mixed it with stone to create beings that would serve him. The trolls were born, colossal beings that towered over orcs.Serendipitously, the blood of Krug kept them from serving the Daemon, and they turned against him. In response, he cursed them, making their bellies endless so that they would crave descendant flesh, and ruined their skin so that they were forced to hide from the sun’s light.
Many were culled for their monstrous appetite, as their unending hunger led them prone to eating descendants.  The few that remained became allied with orcs, as they held heritage together and recognized their shared hate toward Iblees and the undead. Few trolls remain in the world, though their offspring, Ologs exist as a staple within orcish communities.

Physical Description

Ologs range from 8-11 ft, depending on the mix of Orc and Troll blood. Their weight ranges from 650-1100 pounds. The dumbest of ologs will struggle to comprehend dialogue and instructions, while the most intelligent of ologs are able to read basic sentences(no writing), and possesses the mental wherewithal of a mentally impaired adult.

However, the larger and more troll-like an olog is, the further removed they are from their orcish kin, suffering the weaknesses of the trolls, as well as developing stone-scales that pain the olog and break away their flesh when struck.  Even in their smaller renditions, bright harsh sunlight is anathema to their small beady eyes, and so one might catch an olog donning a helmet or cloth over their head, or find them hidden within the valleys and caves of the desert. 

Mental Description

A troll’s mind, made from stone, was too small to contain  all of the stories and thoughts within the world.This is not to say a troll is stupid, but limited in the amount of information in can hold in its head. Once it reaches that threshold,  either through age or in experiencing the world, it may sprout a second head. The trolls of old were said to be able to sprout more than three heads, though the ability is lost to their more diminutive offspring.

Ologs closer to their troll-kin have a great reverence for nature and the elements of it, and often find the great pantheon of spirits too complex to understand. Instead they practice a more basic form of spirit worship and elemental worship. Those that choose to worship the spirits adopt Freygoth and Arwa, Ankrus, and other Immortals who take hold within the natural world.  Their worship stems from crude totems and animal sacrifices,  donning pelts and hides in hopes that they honor and revere their more bestial progenitors. 

Ologs closer to their uruk brethren are fatter and lazy. Large, and bloated, they are soaked within the curse of Krug, angry and violent, seeking little more than to eat and kill. The combination of unending hunger and thirst for battle leads them to be siege units or smiths of crude clubs and maces.  

Abilities

The trollish blood within the olog allows it to grow multiple heads. It is a natural process of trolls, and thus ologs are affected by it too. As its mind swells and grows, the  olog’s brain reaches its limits. As it begins, an olog will experience intense migraines, a period of blindness,  and synesthesia.  Itts anger will grow, as well as any other emotions that it seeks to pride itself in. 

As this is going on, the olog’s skull risks rupturing. Its transformation is slow and tedious, taking a month(irl week) as it battles and wrests with this tumor of information, details and facts, people and faces, all of which coalesces into a new entity: A second head. 

k6BcmTg9QMLJzl1s0pfJ1YxvwJSjM-NbKNYOXCvWc6WJYx0yN9Mt9nZeepfm39dJL1es7mP0dC2m_ds8Wq8STYOyU5azt9uQHpGHwInztBxM-Sks3vEQ-lV36ARDs2h7xyEnL7Bc

This comes with a host of issues the two now face. Arguing and bickering, the olog now faces the peril of dealing with two dim-witted beings in the body of a thick-hided giant.  The days following the formation of the new head would be some of the most difficult for the olog as it becomes accustomed to being controlled by two clashing personalities. Each personality controls half of the olog, and without proper control, leads to them constantly fighting and bickering between themselves. The two mental forces would clash on even grounds, with many of these mental battles having no winner, thus causing the Olog to cease functioning properly for moments at a time. 

There is no way for an olog to overcome its new partner and companion. Once present, if the olog wished to remove the second head, it would a host of motor functions, complex thought and eventually perish. When fighting, if one of the heads were to be severely injured or maimed, it would cripple the olog, though once healed, the personality would eventually begin to reform. 

The second head grants better hearing and senses, as two heads are better than one. Magics that afflict the mind are more taxing against the olog, as it requires involving both personalities. The olog/troll is not stronger,  and may only grow a maximum of three heads, requiring a CA for each additional head, as well as explaining the reason of such growth. 

Redlines
-Ologs are a maximum of 11ft, and a maximum weight of 1100 pounds.

-Ologs above 10 feet will develop stone scales in sunlight, inhibiting their movement slightly as well as making blunt wounds more severe, breaking away bits of flesh and bone along with it.  If left in sunlight for long enough(30 minutes or a few hours irp), their entire lower body would become petrified.
-Ologs cannot learn magics,
though understand how shamanism and other basic forms of magic work, and can practice faiths and creeds in their stead. 
-Ologs can lift a maximum of 1200 pounds.  
-Although they are large and generally lethargic, they are able to charge quickly(20mph), though are limited in the speed of complex motions or actions.

Multi-head Redlines
-Multi-headed ologs or trolls require a CA that detail the impetus of their change
-Fatally injuring one of the personalities greatly cripples the body, as half of it is now ‘dead’
-The heads do not offer greater strength, but may enhance general senses slightly
-They may grow only a maximum of three heads, each requiring a CA

Purpose
The purpose is to essentially give ologs the ability for character development beyond smashing and eating, as well as more flavor to the relatively underplayed race. This was originally posted a while’s  ago, although was denied without any real reason. I’m hoping resubmitting it will allow more for fleshed out Ologs and for more players to take part in playing these wonderful giants. Ye_Haw helped me write this originally, and I’d still like to thank him for it.

Edit: I added an origin for trolls as well as explaining how ologs came to be.

Edited by Panashea

Adds the ability to progress Olog persona’s by so much. Not only that, when progressing their character it also adds new problems for an olog player to rp, and the best part about rping an olog is rping your problems.

after skimming over this, it seems neat, would enjoy to rp one again some day if i go back to that type of rp. Very cool, would create one. here is some feedback as someone who played a olog for quite a while

1 hour ago, Panashea said:

An olog’s mind is dim and dark, devoid of complex thought or rumination. Bestial instinct drives them forward, with words and thought only a means of basic interaction with their world. Despite their size, their feeble minds can only hold so much information. Their personalities, defined to only a few key characteristics(usually hunger, apathy, and greed) rarely expand beyond this, and require great change

cool, this is normal

They are fond of metal and steel, forging massive brutish weapons that allow them to strike down their opponents.

this is something that shouldnt be happening, ologs are basiclly like giant children in their thought processes, they shouldnt be able to forge, they are that dumb. Forging is a complex thing. Now, aiding other uruk smiths in their forging isnt hard, but they cant do it on their own.

Ologs closer to their troll-kin have a great reverence for nature and the elements of it, and rather than worshiping the great pantheon of spirits taught to them by their orcish brethren

this wont fly irp, while its a cool thought, any olog that was known not to be worshiping spirits would just be killed by the uruk. Also, as their minds should be highly impressionable and dumb, akin to children, it makes much more sense for them to simply follow the beleifs of those around them, which will mean it will commonly be orcs, and spiritualism

2 hours ago, Panashea said:

as well as an understanding of basic texts and information. 

this is a little nit picky, but i think its silly for ologs to be able to read. more personal preference though, i understand why the option of reading basic texts is wanted.

perhaps those poor descendants who were eaten and then halfway digested--sprout back out from the olog in which they were buried.  The head that grows isn't the dead person, not exactly.  It's more like a crude imitation prepared from the worst parts of their original personality and memories (which is all that survives the brutish fermentation of the olog's guts).

this is neat flavor stuff, might want to make it oocly consent based, just cause people get so antsy about how their character dies (Like, if someone is eaten and doesnt pk, yet you use their head to grow a second head, they could theoreticly get mad about that) it isnt likely, i like the 2-3 head concept tho

aking a months(irl week)

a irl week is a ingame year ?

If left in sunlight for long enough, their entire lower body would become petrified.

i actually think this is neat, gives me lotr vibes. may want to define “long enough” more explicitly, however

i hope that helps, neat lore i approve ❤️

3 hours ago, Salty said:

I really appreciate the feedback. I’ve had multiple versions of this doc and some past renditions and mistakes come through. I’m fine with removing the forging part, and I’ll clarify more about the transformation part, and allow for non-people eating methods to obtain it. Not all ologs live within Krugmar and that sort of practice of worshiping nature and the elements is reserved for more of the isolated troll-ologs that live by themselves.   Thanks for the help in making this post better.

2 hours ago, Salty said:

stuff

Idk **** about Ologs other than that they are terrifying, but Salty makes some good points. Great lore and I think these are some chad changes that make some good sense. 

After reading this, it makes me interested in finally making a greenskin character. Albeit, an olog. Good work.

Edited by Rhodesia

I dislike the mashing together of orcs and trolls. Trolls should be kept as their own separate entity and ologs should be basic creatures like every other descendant race. Ologs mainly reside in krugmar which is more often than not located in the desert. Having this entire race be weak to sunlight is a huge oversight. 

Also ologs should be more than capable of just barely being able to speak sentences. 

4 hours ago, Novastral said:

I dislike the mashing together of orcs and trolls. Trolls should be kept as their own separate entity and ologs should be basic creatures like every other descendant race. Ologs mainly reside in krugmar which is more often than not located in the desert. Having this entire race be weak to sunlight is a huge oversight. 

Also ologs should be more than capable of just barely being able to speak sentences. 

I agree that ologs should just be basic creatures like every other descendant race. They’re a subspecies of orc, however lore/staff don’t like the idea because they don’t feel that the caveats of playing the race outweigh its strengths which  is why they’ve had a CA for a while. There have been more good ologs than bad ones, but I think the image of the race won’t change in staff’s eyes.  This post doesn’t change anything about current olog players since their current height is only 8-10ft(correct me if I’m wrong), and allows them more characterization.  The entire subrace isn’t weak to sunlight, only those above 10ft because of their trollish blood.  Trolls haven’t been able to be rollplayed in a while and sort’ve giving them this space would allow for a broader range of characters rather than being forced to play a violent, nearly mute giant. My post allows ologs to speak more than sentences, and read at a poor level, rather than being limited to a few words in their current iteration. I don’t think orcs have lived in a desert consistently since Vailor either. We’ve been living in a Savannah for the past two maps and a Jungle as well.  

This needs a lot more redlines. Although you cover some of the bases, if it’s not a redline people will argue one way or the other all day, so you need to stop the needless ooc arguing when an issue arises and just make them flat redlines.

The max height and weight should be a redline.

The strength and weight-lifting capabilities should be a redline.

You should have a redline about being able to destroy or lift gates within settlements etc., not being possible without PRO consent(Since I know that’s always a topic which flip-flops)

There should also be a general redline about their intelligence.

3 hours ago, Luciloo said:

snip

All the points you mentioned are addressed within the second paragraph of the post.  In fact, strength and weight-lifting are a redline already which makes a bit confused on why I need to be doubly redundant. There’s never been a race or construct able to lift gates or destroy them within settlements without PRO consent on the server, so I don’t understand why ologs specifically need that redline when there are constructs with the same level of strength on the server already.   I do understand that people try to bend the rules so I’ll update the redlines.

You truly just refuse to answer why they grow a new head. Them eating somebody else isn’t a sufficient explanation for this. It’s totally unnatural and comes out of nowhere and you attribute a magical ability to be innate to a descendant race without explanation. I’d be more accepting of this if you could manage to somehow explain that growing a new head was a result of evolution, mutation, a curse, magic, a spell, some kind of surgery, a fusing of souls, anything; though we don’t have that here. You’re just dropping that they grow a new head without fair justification. Why don’t uruks or dwed grow new heads if they eat somebody? Give something for your lore to stand on. Writing new and fun lore for fantasy is fun but it needs a basis that can be explained – the entire point of suspending disbelief is because we do so in order to give the storyteller a chance to explain things later on. With your submission you’re essentially asking for an indefinite suspension of disbelief with no answers for each player that interacts with these newly changed ologs. 

I like this a lot, something that always seemed like an IOC drawback to Ologs is a lack of character development. Solid +1

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.