Battle of the Arts - March Results!

armajesty

DhxKUh727AvgMxp1BXnA4fqS0LxvxzW371dXMPn_SSmvhFy3rbhE8K4Po1KZhZmNJmC-eYCwKtonC1LBndNbFNepj8zjmi1eIglqnsDi5tPbn6j2h4hw7yFxPiuQSxKNJvsqm-S-

Results!

Greetings, Lord of the Craft members!

The Community Events Team is once again pleased to announce the end of the sixth Battle of the Arts contest. As the title suggests, this is a competition where you -- our creative playerbase -- can enter your artistic creations to earn prizes. The categories include visual arts, creative writing/poetry, music, skinning, building, and video-editing. Our winners have been selected by the Community Team from each of the categories, making a total of 3 winners. We hope those who participated had fun with the event. We will be back in two months for the ‘June - Battle of The Arts’ competition with a Water theme! We wanted to keep a theme that is vague enough to allow artists to create their own interpretation of what this means while still providing specific guidelines.

The March - Battle of the Arts had a decent turnout, but we are always encouraging everyone to spread the news! It was amazing seeing all of the creative works that each member of the community had to offer. We would like to thank everyone who partook in the contest and wish to see more from everyone in the future. With that being said, we are pleased to announce the winners of the March Battle of the Arts contest!

Visual Arts Winner: @Amelica

Spoiler

Skinning Winner: @Zaerie

Creative Writing Winner: @jmeatball

Spoiler

Spoiler

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P0728Y2C9683SiCHyDtnsxGbmNPvdwQHviy9NCqUcLs/edit?usp=sharing

Box Spring

Oh box spring, box spring

Why are you so taut

Yet so full energy

Ready to burst at a mere thought

With your endless infinite coils

Wrapping around and around

Amidst and endless series of toils

What will become of me

If I am to follow your lead

To mock your own style and make my own deeds

Oh box spring, box springs

Alone your so weak

Yet together you can hold

The fattest of cheeks

How have you been

Are you rusted and dusted

All out of steam

Laying under the bed

Alone and forgotten

Filled with dread

You’re not lost on me

I appreciate your value

And think of you with glee

What ever will I do

When you are far too old

And I need something new

Promise you’ll stay

I cannot imagine

Your going away

I thank you for your work

But my appreciation must end now

I can no longer lurk

This is goodbye

If the world were without you

We’d all die

Congratulations to all of the winners! Along with the prizes, the winners of the competition will be featured on the official Lord of the Craft Twitter and Instagram pages. Make sure to shoot @LotsOfMuffins a message if you have not received your prizes within the next couple of days. If you have any feedback or require help please don’t hesitate to contact me (armajesty#9573 on discord). We hope to see all of you in June!

- Theme for June - 

We will release the post where you can submit work in June, but just to get everyone excited for it, our next theme will be... Water! This theme can have anything to do with water. Whether it be water fights, a day at the beach, watermelon, or more! Water is something used by many people to cool down during the hotter months of the year and we encourage everyone to be as creative as possible.

AxNNRQrBiUMi1hTlay5xwoK3Fyg8XS2XxT4_loS_bT4j8o04zWbxLO9Tbl2zpNY8afGwJl1J2xtoaAbLBhLTqbouhOXTF0hp5LzQd77MjZfxJxTVTEeNBUy_TXN1iqTuCipTwOHl

Special thanks to Armajesty, Wonk_, LotsOfMuffins, and NotAFie for their hard work on this project!

Credit to TarreBear for the original post.

Credit to Reko for the Battle of the Arts art.

Congratulations to all the winners!! I enjoyed looking at your work! ?

wew

Congratulations, everyone!!!