LOTC and RP= "Fun"

lemonke

Hello everyone, many here know me mainly for the halfling I was playing named Maya, I would like to explain what exactly happened; My halfling with the help of other Haelun'or guards had killed Safryie's automati(who did some aggressive actions within the walls, ALL IC), after doing that a lot of ooc things soon happened, especially when my character IC gave the body to his friend Delvin (who's played by Chum), for example: 

There are various examples of what they’ve said Chum to convince him to give them the body back(basically metagaming)^.  Fae the creator of the automati even went to talk to the IC queen of the city of the dwarves about it, basically  he tried to do further metagaming(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/499946846785896448/698965548343623710/Screenshot_20200412-143916_Discord.jpg?width=329&height=475 )

But it all started with people's favorite GM, the one that banned Flemish for six months on one small thing, the GM who forces the rules for RP, right? that gives good experiences; Blue specifically entered in the arguement saying it was not Fair, and had to follow the RP standars of Telanir, and she was forced to force them! Chum's only mistake had been not to place the IRP signs immediately (yet they mention that Mika knew, but how is it possible that he knew where the body could be found?).  although one thing may not be against the rules- is that such crybaby of Saf used her second character; Mhel, to attemping recover the body of the automatii and get the character back, just to clarify that in their doing there is more ooc than IC, many have always criticized me for my way of doing rp, especially them- but they are not really better than myself (and I don't think I'm good either btw).

Then I started talking to Blue by  myself, who turned out to be ignored most of the time, and she who kept saying about the Telanir issue is RP standard and how it was not fair; My character for whatever reason was banned in the only place where I had fun and where she could be, surely for further ooc reasons, because I don't explain what happened, but it's IC and I try to keep it IC, I call no pocket gms for things like that and I decided to shelving or pk my character due to that, IRP IS IRP. a lot of people were confused about OOC and IC for which this happened to me. unfair things can happen IC and we can't do anything about it (Ie even automati being destroyed and taken away without any  ‘proof’ where’s it, since i’m pretty sure Chum’s character didn’t want to be found).

Summary:

Now the body couldn't have been destroyed and it seems that Delvin no longer has it, I didn't understand really well, the whole situation was confusing. he could not destroy the body, even if he was ordered to do so... due to Blue's intervention, which for some strange reason she seemed very prone to get back the body, no matter what- whatever Chum would have done the body would have been given back to them soon or later. unfair things happen, my fun has been ruined for unfair things, for childish people who don't know how to do  not-organizated roleplay and other shadystuff  by someone else, people who  offered ooc agreements, who  pratice metagaming; But in the end don't care. This is lotc, i guess. No fun and other friends of mine or in general people were both confused IC and OOC, why did it needed to go in this. this post perchance might be just a rant, I just felt like doing it and I will try to enter less and less in the lotc, perahps just to roleplay with my best friends @NikoNiko, and for sure I will stay away from certain people and places. I apologize if in the past on this mineman rp i've done wrong things towards certain people, honestly I'm not a person who likes to spoil the fun of others. Thanks everyone who improved me in these years on lotc, i’ve changed a lot and thanks even to people who’ve given me a great story with my character, who now i don’t have any reasons to continue her story. I’m not the type of person- doing such posts, but i had to. In the end it shows how certain people are so much pity and idiotic, as i said i’m not surely better- but i’m not like them.

I did this post on my own, so do not bother anyone any further. that was my idea

2 minutes ago, Algoda said:

I like drama and all but this post is just confusing.

People kill Automatii, Automatii people ooc got upset and get a gm in between the rp, my other friend cannot destroy the body of the automatii because for the gm it is unfair, i get in trouble IC for some OOC shady things, that’s all. Ooc brought into ic due to certain people. My friend’s and my fun ruined.

4 minutes ago, ScreamingDingo said:

Hey remember how there was a rule about personas not being able to interact with each other if the same person played them.

Pepper-ridge farm remembers

The gm said it was fine that they tried to get back their character with their  other one because they knew the animii creator, STRANGELY.

“§1.11 Do not interact with your own characters on your alt account and vice-versa.”

Does someone seriously mean to tell me that this doesn’t apply to interacting with your own characters on the same account? lmfao

As someone who was around for some of this, I wanted to chime in and give my two cents, being that if you’re going to play a construct, you have to face the risks that go along with it. Having played a golem before, I knew that at any moment it could be over, and that’s exactly what ended up happening. Seeing this OOC backlash to a character being PK’ed to the point where people start intervening in IC ways (i.e. Saff’s other character showing up) should be disallowed and flagged as metagaming, as these things have been in the past.

Hmmm i might be wrong, but you can't interact with your own personas. I'm so sorry this OOC stuff is happening to you. It all should have stayed in roleplay. 

4 minutes ago, Gusano said:

“§1.11 Do not interact with your own characters on your alt account and vice-versa.”

Does someone seriously mean to tell me that this doesn’t apply to interacting with your own characters on the same account? lmfao

Well considering the current standard of ‘loopholing’. You definitely could argue that it explicitly doesn’t say ‘personas doing stuff in relation to others on the same account’ and then you technically can’t get banned for it.

Sometimes it’s easier to just scream down a visible loophole than actually apply common sense, because people will hate parade you for being ‘biased’ for making a call against it. The insistence of lack of consequence on this server and the multi-account meta-gaming has gotten to some pretty nuts levels as of recent.

There’s an urgent direction that we need to head into as a server in regards to mindset of loss and avoidance of losing at any possible opportunity. It’s getting to a point where there’s little to no reason to roleplay outside your own playerbase, nothing is permanent or consequential.

I feel although the situation has been grossly misrepresented here and so I will explain things from my perspective.

Lets start with one of the bigger points stated against me, the “OOC” of Mhel getting involved, I was very aware of how it would look having one of my characters involved and made sure to take every precaution by asking both Geminisole and Imcookiie if the circumstances around Mhel getting involved would be at all rule breaking, Alrin the creator of the Animii is very close friends with Mhel, her leading the Paladin order and also having helped kill Maya three times in the past meant that he went to her for help. The GMs approved of this as a good enough reason for Mhel to get involved with this situation, I was very careful with how I proceeded through this minefield because I knew it would get called out, I made sure to do all of the investigation in roleplay and made sure to check with GMs every step of the way.

Now one point where I would admit fault, even as the screenshots are lacking context the context doesn’t make it look much better honestly, is when I was asking ChumChum to void the destroying RP or say that he left the heart behind, I was having several rough days with my homelife and then my favourite character gets ganked by someone OOC targetting them (which I will get to) and so I am upset at that point, I ended up breaking down and trying to bargain with him when I heard that he had melted down the body to PK the character, to which he accepted no compromise.

It was later learned that while the body was in Mika’s forge for 2 days, and Mika was actively helping Mhel and Alrin look for this body, the body was not found because there were no RP signs placed, at that point Blue gave the verdict that they must revert the RP back to when they placed the body and put the RP signs down and have them there for 24 hours before melting the body down. After about 30 minutes of having the RP signs down they moved the body anyway which was blatant metagaming, they had it in the forge for 3 days in all before they melted it last time, without moving it once, and then suddenly when they OOCly know that we’re onto them they move it with no hint in RP as to the fact that we’re onto them.

Now onto the situation at Haelun’or where this all started, and a little background on DJCrips and myself. There have been many times where we have clashed in the past, OOCly we’re not on great terms and RPly neither are our characters, most of mine being of a good alignment because I don’t like playing villains, they despise dark mages and murderers such as DJ’s character.

Now this all started when my character Atrias decided to take a trip back to their home in Haelun’or, a city of which they are a citizen and work within the clinic of, I had citizen door keys but I like gate RP so I decided to go through the gates, at the gates the gate guard was being rude to Atrias so Atrias threw a few quips back and decided to leave, upon leaving across the bridge DJ’s character Maya told the gate guard to lock them on the bridge, to which they did without even emoting the gates though at the time I didn’t complain because I was hoping I’de be able to talk my way out of the situation, Atrias explained to them that this was a mistake and upon seeing them casting their magics they put caltrops down on the bridge to defend themselves while they sent a bird. Atrias explained it was a citizen once more, asked for a trial and imprisonment but was killed. So as you can see from my perspective, it looks very much like DJCrips was OOCly targetting my character as they had little real motivation to gank them other than their given excuse of “Maya hates Animii” which is awfully convenient.

Now onto the trial which you claimed was “oocly shady”, the trial itself was not swayed at all by mine nor Faewilds involvement, it was Rob, a member of your own community who took it upon himself to start an investigation into Maya as a character and the things they had done, I even saw him asking citizens around Sutica and Aegrothond for any information they could provide, he ended up amassing a large amount of evidence on why Maya should be banished including many of her IC actions such as murdering a child, using dark magics, homosexuality which is illegal in Haelun’or, and a few other things I cant recall off the top of my head, needless to say its an extensive list, the outcome of the trial was then decided upon by a council of Haelun’orians, once again none of my characters hold any sway in Haelun’or, in fact the one I was on at the time is quite disliked there, I held no sway over this trial RP this was all done by the community of Haelun’or.
Bringing this RP situation into OOC is exactly what you’re complaining about and yet you’re doing the same, because you didn’t like the outcome of an RP situation you are now doing what we are being accused of by complaining about it OOCly.
While it is understandable to be upset if this trial was out of nowhere and Maya were innocent she is not an innocent character and this outcome was all done and makes sense IRP.

As much as it offends my sensibilities to see this issue tackled by such an obscure and circuitous skirting of the player report procedure, if this conversation remains civil and conducive to a resolution to your issue, the thread will remain open.

Anything less, and I will lock it and encourage you as strongly as possible to file a report for the metagaming, moderator interventionalism and all other maligns you’ve listed. There are avenues for redress that you must, in the future, use. Public airing of dirty laundry just leads to needless drama.

When you claim to “hate animii”, yet attempt to acquire animii arms for a specific character, used animii arms yourself for a time and had Maya actively interact with animii users. 

1 minute ago, Safryie said:

Now one point where I would admit fault, even as the screenshots are lacking context the context doesn’t make it look much better honestly, is when I was asking ChumChum to void the destroying RP or say that he left the heart behind, I was having several rough days with my homelife and then my favourite character gets ganked by someone OOC targetting them (which I will get to) and so I am upset at that point, I ended up breaking down and trying to bargain with him when I heard that he had melted down the body to PK the character, to which he accepted no compromise.

I know someone was targetting you, but i’ll be honest. i don’t care, you know much i get targetted with Maya? it happens, sucks to sucks and everyone has their rough days in their life and i don’t really care what the gms might say, that’s not fair. 

2 minutes ago, Safryie said:

Now onto the situation at Haelun’or where this all started, and a little background on DJCrips and myself. There have been many times where we have clashed in the past, OOCly we’re not on great terms and RPly neither are our characters, most of mine being of a good alignment because I don’t like playing villains, they despise dark mages and murderers such as DJ’s character.

You’re literally murder hobo paladin with your team and my character did such things 6 months ago, plus i’ve not really things against you, you’re the only one who loves mock me 24/7, just wake up. 

3 minutes ago, Safryie said:

Now this all started when my character Atrias decided to take a trip back to their home in Haelun’or, a city of which they are a citizen and work within the clinic of, I had citizen door keys but I like gate RP so I decided to go through the gates, at the gates the gate guard was being rude to Atrias so Atrias threw a few quips back and decided to leave, upon leaving across the bridge DJ’s character Maya told the gate guard to lock them on the bridge, to which they did without even emoting the gates though at the time I didn’t complain because I was hoping I’de be able to talk my way out of the situation, Atrias explained to them that this was a mistake and upon seeing them casting their magics they put caltrops down on the bridge to defend themselves while they sent a bird. Atrias explained it was a citizen once more, asked for a trial and imprisonment but was killed. So as you can see from my perspective, it looks very much like DJCrips was OOCly targetting my character as they had little real motivation to gank them other than their given excuse of “Maya hates Animii” which is awfully convenient

Your character was doing IC things, and it was aggressive from the start, those are IC  consequences and Maya got ordered by a Sillumir to excuse the Animii, i want you to remember that. the SIllumir told Maya to go on.

4 minutes ago, Safryie said:

Now onto the trial which you claimed was “oocly shady”, the trial itself was not swayed at all by mine nor Faewilds involvement, it was Rob, a member of your own community who took it upon himself to start an investigation into Maya as a character and the things they had done, I even saw him asking citizens around Sutica and Aegrothond for any information they could provide, he ended up amassing a large amount of evidence on why Maya should be banished including many of her IC actions such as murdering a child, using dark magics, homosexuality which is illegal in Haelun’or, and a few other things I cant recall off the top of my head, needless to say its an extensive list, the outcome of the trial was then decided upon by a council of Haelun’orians, once again none of my characters hold any sway in Haelun’or, in fact the one I was on at the time is quite disliked there, I held no sway over this trial RP this was all done by the community of Haelun’or.
Bringing this RP situation into OOC is exactly what you’re complaining about and yet you’re doing the same, because you didn’t like the outcome of an RP situation you are now doing what we are being accused of by complaining about it OOCly.
While it is understandable to be upset if this trial was out of nowhere and Maya were innocent she is not an innocent character and this outcome was all done and makes sense IRP.

Of course, he comes especially to you so that your character who has nothing to do in the automati business. And strangely, him. my character was banished for whatever reasons, they didn't specific those either. but like i said i am trying to keep this in IC and give a properly character devolp. You’ve done it, please do not ignore the other screenshots, she was INNOCENT in that moment. but Alright

This is kind of a very confusing situation which takes longer to understand than my concentration span lasts but I will make a few comments.
Firstly, don’t pin my 6 month ban on Blue alone, her hand was forced by a questionable system.

Secondly, here we can see first hand that Telanir’s role play quality rules, while actually a really good concept, are still a bit too vague, and lead to issues. @Telanir Perhaps we should all sit down and define them a little better?

Other than that, this situation is too convoluted for me to comment much on.

Just now, Gilded said:

When you claim to “hate animii”, yet attempt to acquire animii arms for a specific character, used animii arms yourself for a time and had Maya actively interact with animii users. 

Maya doesn’t like Animii for a specific reason IC(doesn’t mean she won’t interact to them to gain advatanges), and she got ordered to act in such a way. it wasn’t the first time she has met the animii of Saf, so i don’t what’s your point.  y’all are continuing to ignore the blatant metagaming, but sure.