[✗] [Playable CA]The Izkuthii

BonesOfTheEarth

Izkuthii were and still are my least favorite CA/magic in the entirety of lotc. Out of the very few times I saw it actually being utilized, it was used exclusively to be annoying, which is of course always argued as just ‘being a trickster’. Secondly, due to the nature of izkuthii it is essentially impossible to deal with one that is being a blatant retard without it being claimed to be meta. I vividly remember participating in the public execution of a prominent izkuthii player at one point in an excessively violent manner, wherein the izkuthii was hung from a rooftop, and repeatedly shot with volleys of arrows, in which the izkuthii in question emoted being hit with the arrows idk how many times, and then when a /d40 was requested, the player simply shrugged and said something along the lines of ‘hes not dead yet’(because illusion and shapeshifting haha!!!). (Keep in mind this was after the player had been downed in pvp prior to being picked up and the execution rp had commenced as well) After this about 30 more minutes of pointless rp had to be undergone for this izkuthii player to finally decide to /d40. Now perhaps the player in question was powergaming, its quite possible though I wouldnt know and I dont intend to spend hours upon hours going over izkuthii lore in order to determine whether or not a very specific scenerio counts as powergaming. The issue with izkuthii essentially boils down to the vast majority of the community being unable to rp such a creature well, there are other issues I take with izkuthii but I dont intend to make this thesis any larger.

I hope this is just another trick...

It’s good lore, though its effect on the server is dependent on the people whom will use it on the platform. Hopefully with the way this rewrite is directed- it’ll have a nice imprint on the dynamic of roleplay. 

That being i’ll support this much more balanced rewrite
+1

Literally pointless creature. Has no place on the server and should never come back. 

people saying a creature has no place on this server make no sense, that could apply to literally anything.  strigas? ah, no place, sorry.  azdrazi? wtf dragon people? not on my european history reenactment server... WONKS??? They don’t belong on this server

2 minutes ago, UnBaed said:

people saying a creature has no place on this server make no sense, that could apply to literally anything.  strigas? ah, no place, sorry.  azdrazi? wtf dragon people? not on my european history reenactment server... WONKS??? They don’t belong on this server

Maybe none of us belong on this server... 

Just now, UnBaed said:

A creature that exists exclusively to be annoying does not further roleplay, will not be roleplayed to further any plot line or create truly meaningful character development. But hey I mean, staff don't read comments so : ( 

1 minute ago, Lhindir_ said:

A creature that exists exclusively to be annoying does not further roleplay, will not be roleplayed to further any plot line or create truly meaningful character development. But hey I mean, staff don't read comments so : ( 

that still basically applies to a lot of other creatures on this server

i feel like there’s potential with izkuthii to cause a fun amount of chaos and rp conflict, or to just lighten up dull “how was your day?” tavern rp by causing some mystical misfortune that won’t end up killing a character and destroy any potential chances of story development; i’ve seen a lot of issue in the past with creatures/special magic characters often killing or trying to kill others – which doesn’t bring too much opportunities in rp for storylines besides generic (and often short) conflict

9 minutes ago, Sorcerio said:

Maybe none of us belong on this server... 

24e21fa350931a3afee0f5dc5037661b.png

1 hour ago, Mojo said:

snip

I’d say its maybe an issue of powergaming, because to be fair we can still bleed out even in our ‘’’’’higher’’’’’ form. We don't have to breathe, and don't die from poisons in that form but are very obviously demonic with two pairs of horns and a third eye. Most anyone that would die from just purely bleeding out of breaking your neck would die, so that could be the issue.

55 minutes ago, Lhindir_ said:

Literally pointless creature. Has no place on the server and should never come back. 

Also there is a point to it, but I’d like to know what exactly you’d see as having ‘no point’ when there very much is a lot of point to it. Its to help fill the niche of tricksters, thieves, and gamblers with a little of of a ‘’’’’’demon esque’’’’’ presence in it. It adds a lot and even before I came one I very much enjoyed making bets and losing things ranging from mina to my entire arm for a week.

1 hour ago, Mojo said:

I vividly remember participating in the public execution of a prominent izkuthii player at one point in an excessively violent manner, wherein the izkuthii was hung from a rooftop, and repeatedly shot with volleys of arrows

(Ignore Zach on this one, he’s wrong. Love you zach)

That Izkuthii should have died and bled out, no questions asked. I think I recall the situation. And as what was essentially the only “teacher” figure for them, told said Izkuthii they had to die. I wasn’t there and if they didn’t listen, I’ll be exceedingly annoyed. For reference, Izkuthii(in some states, most of which no longer exist within this lore as its made into 2 instead of ******* 6), don’t have any major organs to puncture/destroy beyond their brain when in their greater forms. But they bleed. Heavily. And die due to blood loss.

1 hour ago, Mojo said:

Izkuthii were and still are my least favorite CA/magic in the entirety of lotc. Out of the very few times I saw it actually being utilized, it was used exclusively to be annoying, which is of course always argued as just ‘being a trickster’.

Izkuthii are still people, with minds and souls and motives as such. The majority of Izkuthii RP happened in sutica(lmao ****) and was sub-par. But you must at least realize the situation we were put in: The Lore Admin was our “Leader,” the only one who could create new Izkuthii. The only one who could disconnect misbehaving izkuthii. The only one who could promote Izkuthii(Make them not useless fledglings incapable of actually performing anything without outing themselves). And let’s not forget – He could let Izkuthii just go around attacking others and forgive them for creed breaking because no other ancients existed to stop him.

Izkuthii are intended to provide a niche of rp through trickery/thievery, but day to day “haha you got pranked” rp on people isn’t how an Izkuthii should be RP’d(Though pranking can be a part of it, it falls to a question of the player’s ability to provide something fun. And just pranks, are not fun. Other methods exist). Additionally, Izkuthii were random-encounters in the sense that there existed no actual coven. Everyone adhered to Caleb but the man never logged on, and thus no “group” of these creatures actually existed. I did my best to call people retarded(Blood mage izkuthii ?), but only so much can be done by a man incapable of either creating more Izkuthii or deleting problem Izkuthii.

@Mojo and @Lhindir_ I urge you to, instead of finding ways to deny their validity as a creature, help find ways to further fix problems that aren’t already defined within this lore. Izkuthii took the deal for an LT-Aided rewrite, and regardless of if this piece is the one that passes, they should return at a point. My intent is to make that return as smooth as possible and in a way that allows for them to actually flourish and accomplish better than sitting out somewhere doing fuckall. No creature is inherently “useless” unless its just a repeat of an already present niche.

Just now, Fury_Fire said:

(Ignore Zach on this one, he’s wrong. Love you zach)

That Izkuthii should have died and bled out, no questions asked. I think I recall the situation. And as what was essentially the only “teacher” figure for them, told said Izkuthii they had to die. I wasn’t there and if they didn’t listen, I’ll be exceedingly annoyed. For reference, Izkuthii(in some states, most of which no longer exist within this lore as its made into 2 instead of ******* 6), don’t have any major organs to puncture/destroy beyond their brain when in their greater forms. But they bleed. Heavily. And die due to blood loss.

Izkuthii are still people, with minds and souls and motives as such. The majority of Izkuthii RP happened in sutica(lmao ****) and was sub-par. But you must at least realize the situation we were put in: The Lore Admin was our “Leader,” the only one who could create new Izkuthii. The only one who could disconnect misbehaving izkuthii. The only one who could promote Izkuthii(Make them not useless fledglings incapable of actually performing anything without outing themselves). And let’s not forget – He could let Izkuthii just go around attacking others and forgive them for creed breaking because no other ancients existed to stop him.

Izkuthii are intended to provide a niche of rp through trickery/thievery, but day to day “haha you got pranked” rp on people isn’t how an Izkuthii should be RP’d. Additionally, Izkuthii were random-encounters in the sense that there existed no actual coven. Everyone adhered to Caleb but the man never logged on, and thus no “group” of these creatures actually existed. I did my best to call people retarded(Blood mage izkuthii ?), but only so much can be done by a man incapable of either creating more Izkuthii or deleting problem Izkuthii.

@Mojo and @Lhindir_ I urge you to, instead of finding ways to deny their validity as a creature, help find ways to further fix problems that aren’t already defined within this lore. Izkuthii took the deal for an LT-Aided rewrite, and regardless of if this piece is the one that passes, they should return at a point. My intent is to make that return as smooth as possible and in a way that allows for them to actually flourish and accomplish better than sitting out somewhere doing fuckall. No creature is inherently “useless” unless its just a repeat of an already present niche.

But its not a valid creature. No amount of fixing or patching will make an annoyance creature decent. 

Far more interesting than the previous iteration. A bountiful leap from the degenerative heap I would like to call the original lore and rewrites-- massive +1