Like The Good Old Days, Tech & Chat Update

Telanir

Hello everyone,

It’s been a bit since the last update on the tech situation so I wanted to fill you in, and like we talked about in the last LotC Podcast I made sure to complete the chat filter as well.

Every time you fix something it seems to pave the way for other issues to show up, and so over the last week or so we had these strange EU moments where the server would bizarrely grind to a halt during low player times (80-100 players). These should now be fixed and in addition chunk loading as well should steadily be better (but you should expect that chunk loading during peak times will still be slower). Also… the leftover proxy crashes that happened at random last 2 days may be resolved too though I’m not 100% certain yet.

We are going to try reducing the frequency of restarts to preserve precious RP immersion (this is possible as soon we can double or triple the accessible RAM for our main server, yes Tofuus this is OK with the right settings).

So far our server is more optimized than it has ever been and almost as stable as we want it (very rare proxy crash is left to fix I think)

image0-2.jpg

Look at these numbers!

But the server is running at 10-12 tps Telanir…

Sure! But not all TPS is created equal, we have eliminated spike lag (which is the kind where you see people moving then stopping… then teleporting, then moving, etc…) and with our current server performance we’ve seen nations hold smooth PVP tourneys during 300+ player count. While the server obviously struggles with this many players, its performance is smooth and predictable, meaning that you will not see anyone teleporting around or exhibiting odd behaviour (unless you have your own internet problems). Given that Minecraft was only ever built to sustain 30 players, I am happy with this result.

NANI?!

For those of you who remember the infamous NSA plugin of old—NANI?! is a superior chat filter which does not kick or ban players nor slap you with infraction points or broadcast your message to all moderators.

NANI?! is an autonomous chat filter which helps ensure our server is a safe environment for all players in our community. In recent times we have had a flood of new applicants (we’re talking 3x as much), many of which are young (and some souls who like spamming [WS]).

We believe it is a part of our responsibility as a community to ensure they are joining a safe environment. And, for being such a chat-heavy server—we’ve been missing a chat filter for a while now. Chat filters are annoying and cumbersome but the worst we really get is we’ll have to exercise a bit of restraint for our new young generation who may not be as ready for it as the mature crowd.

My chat got flagged but I said nothing wrong…

Yeah this is kind of the downside to the early period of chat filtration… moderators will be listening in to flagged word combinations and will actively try to whitelist false-positives. You will be able to click the warning message in order to suggest a replacement for it as well, please do so whenever you see a false-positive as this will help us get the filter out of your way.

We will be adjusting the filter to suit the needs of the community as opposed to just trying to block every curse word in existence, but I do ask that you please be mindful of our younger players.

Thank you for understanding, it’s an annoying but unfortunately necessary evil.

See ya in-game!

Tel.

are you telling me i can no longer say words like ****, *****, ******, **********, ****, ****, and *****?

Just now, Ducklingator said:

are you telling me i can no longer say words like ****, *****, ******, **********, ****, ****, and *****?

sorry I didn’t catch that, can you say that louder for us in the back?

Jesus. First we get a powerful admin, now you’re bringing back weeb-NSA. You can’t do us  dirty with one pro and then one con

cPBj1IQ.jpg

May One Hundred Flowers Bloom for the Reign of Chairman Telanir

Just now, Telanir said:

sorry I didn’t catch that, can you say that louder for us in the back?

yeah i said ***** ***** you ***** ***** ******* *****

6 minutes ago, ScreamingDingo said:

cPBj1IQ.jpg

May One Hundred Flowers Bloom for the Reign of Chairman Telanir

Seeing this reminds me that I am so happy that @TheBelidle redid Farmer Billy Bob’s model, look at this handsome farmer. Don’t you want a piece? ?

Yea because [filtered] dynamic roleplay amiright

this was JUST made live and I ALREADY saw someone try to emote “crack a smile” and it was corrected to “quartz a smile” – please don’t do this

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE NO I DID NOT COME BACK FOR THIS TO BE TURNED INTO A SERVER WHERE I HAVE TO REMEMOTE THRITY TIMES JUST TO SEND OUT AN EMOTE BECAUSE I HAVE AN UNKNOWN TRIGGER COMBINATION PLEASE 

Personally I dislike this, the chat filter in general, because I like my Cursing but thats my opinion... Remember most people have heard Curses throughout their life, as long as the members joining aren’t 5 year olds we should be fine

bruh.. minecraft was not made for 30 players.. you know this..