Your View - Firearms on LotC

Archipelego

Your View - Firearms on LotC  

482 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in roleplay firearms have a place on Lotc?

• Yes (Comment your reasoning down below.)
    • No (Comment your reasoning down below.)

No. I play LoTC for the fantasy qualities, and firearms break a level of immersion into that fantasy aspect I don’t desire. The powdered wig flintlock RP push is goofy and doesn’t align with the server theme.

Seeing how there’s a split, rudimentary handcannons/handgonnes like this should be implemented.image.png.ff3a38e9339aac4d507cb9fcdd349949.png

If they were done correctly, and wouldn’t be either useless or absolutely op, outclassing every other ranged weapon, then they’d surely be a nice addition. 

Hun, if we can barely handle Crossbows and other ranged weaponry without having issues, why are we trying to bring in firearms? Something that will surely cause more trouble, and speaking as a CT I can guarantee that new players will misunderstand guns in any form and misuse them, resulting in more powergaming problems.

Guns, I think yes. Flintlock pistols, muskets and other early firearms could be implemented, I think. But, I mean, I don’t expect to see them being effective in CRP. Especially with the emotes it takes to reload a crossbow, bow etc. I’d say a firearm would require even more than that. However, cool things and scenarios could take place as I see them having a place in military drills, executions and so on.

No because it is called Lord of the Craft for a reason – it is based on Lord of the Rings. There’s no firearms in LotR, so I don’t see it fitting into LotC

The creative atmosphere is inherently hampered by restricting blunderbusses, flintlocks, and so forth – all staples in both the late medieval period as well as many fantasy environments such as Warhammer, Final Fantasy, and so forth. I do not ever care or intend to force firearm roleplay on those unwilling – but to ban pistol duels, consensual firearm salutes, cannon roleplay, is inherently restricting and unfair. These weapons should exist for flavor purposes and allow people to cultivate the fantasy environment they seek.

No one has a creative monopoly on LotC’s “theme” and its ridiculous to assume otherwise. If someone does not like the environment that firearm RP produces – you can easily go to a settlement or nation where that is not the case. Our sandbox allows for multiple types of RP to flourish in an interconnected way. Given that there is no mechanical difference from being apprehended with a crossbow and a flintlock, there should be no reason to ban one but condone the other.

I wouldn't mind seeing flintlock guns and the likes starting to appear. And with how they have been described in the Techlock discord chat they will be less powerful than crossbows which I think is the best way to go and will probably make them not as widespread. and to everyone who likes to ***** about people who will be powergaming with guns, just report those people when you see them do it.

Yes – we are moving forward with the years, so YES TO FIREARMS

I would have to say no chief, the reason? Well I am just thinking of Medical Role play, firstly we just got to the arrows treating now bullets, in history, real life history, it was a weapon of mass destruction and it could have caused death so quickly, I would follow this for cannons but guns overall is a no.

My stance on this has been the same for a long time- No. Guns should not be in LOTC, in any form. I don’t mind the use of gunpowder for perhaps explosives in roleplay to add a more creative side to roleplay traps, but guns just do not belong. There is no point in having them, the argument simply being “Well, they were around by this date in real life, so we must have them ingame!”. I doubt they will contribute much to roleplay that crossbows, magic, or any roleplay weapon doesn’t already contribute, and will just lead to unneeded confusion and annoyance. If tons of issues already come from users getting into arguments with supposed powergaming in CRP, either with magic, crossbows, or just in general fighting, why would we add something else that will have the exact same result? Because a few people really really want it but fail to provide evidence as to why it should be added? Completely and utterly pointless. 

No, you’re not ruining my mineman medieval fantasy roleplay server! Guns can easily be power gamed. Also, adding guns to lotc will ruin the idea it had from the beginning which is the server being a medieval fantasy roleplay server. We are already suffering enough with people thinking LoTC years are IRL years hence why we have wig wearers and etc. Majority of the server, in my opinion, applied to this server because it’s a medieval fantasy roleplay server not a revolutionary or present day server with fantasy.

SAY NO TO GUNS!

LOTC YEARS AREN’T IRL YEARS

(this is a medieval fantasy rp server and it shall or must stay that way)

Edited by Legoboy7984

No. If the staff can’t answer modreqs enough to deal with powergaming etc. as it is you shouldn’t add another thing into the equation for powergaming etc. to happen and increase the amount of modreqs the staff will have to deal with. Added guns = Added stress on the staff that they don’t need, they struggle to answer modreqs properly as it is. ooga booga 1700s irp = 1700s irl!! No. Stop. Go away.

Roleplay Rules

All Musket Weapons (Rifle, Blunderbuss, Pistol) must be built In-Game via Roleplay by a Gunsmith (A station that can be entered via application.) who will generate a Named and ET/GM certified item.

To Roleplay using a gun, you Must have the MC Item or the RP will not be considered Valid.

Musket Roleplay Steps

Withdraw a Cartridge, and Bite the tail off. Half Cock the Musket, Open the pan and pour half the powder charge in. Shut the pan.

Lay the Musket upwards, (Rifle Butt on the Ground, Pistol up into the air) and pour another powder charge down the barrel. Insert the Bullet into the Barrel. Push the Cartridge Paper into the Barrel.

Remove the Ramrod and push the Bullet and Paper into the breach. Put the Ramrod back. Lift the Musket, and pull back on the Dogshead (Flint Holder, Cock it.)

Fire!

Musket Rollplay Steps

As RP isn’t perfect, and a verdict cannot always be agreed upon - There is a system of Rollplay to fall back on if an agreement can’t be made.

If the Shooter is 10+ Blocks away, roll for Accuracy.

0-10 is a Miss.

10-15 is a Hit.

15-19 is an accurate hit.

20 is a Critical hit.

If the Target is at close Range, 2 Blocks away or less, you do not need to roll to hit. Instead, Roll for damage. 

0-10, normal damage.

10-19, high damage.

20 is Critical damage.

When you fire a Gunpowder weapon, you must announce over #s 

[!] A Gunshot echoes over the Landscape. [!]

Edited by Hanrahan