Your View - Firearms on LotC

Archipelego

Your View - Firearms on LotC  

482 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in roleplay firearms have a place on Lotc?

• Yes (Comment your reasoning down below.)
    • No (Comment your reasoning down below.)

2 minutes ago, _Jandy_ said:

you’re stupid

Well, that’s rude.

Just now, Lyonharted™ said:

Well, that’s rude.

I can be rude to my homies, don’t be stupid with him

Firearms would just lead to massive groups turning any CA or ET monster into swiss cheese. There’s no character development in that, it’ll just promote power-gaming. 

2 minutes ago, EndCallCaesar said:

Firearms would just lead to massive groups turning any CA or ET monster into swiss cheese. There’s no character development in that, it’ll just promote power-gaming. 

How is an early musket with the same power and possibilities as a crossbow going to be any different than a crossbow? 

49 minutes ago, EndCallCaesar said:

If you ask me, wanting to kill the big bad wolf as swiftly and efficiently as possible seems to be a perfectly reasonable objective for a monster hunter.

As for the part about character development, speak for yourself and let each player determine that on their own.

Edited by Ciaran

1 hour ago, _Jandy_ said:

you’re stupid

your*

People on lotc barely know how swords or polearms work.

Let’s not give them guns, ty.

3 hours ago, Lyonharted™ said:

It doesn’t align with your theme. The other half of the playerbase enjoys a different theme. Why can’t you do your thing and we do our thing? 

Because the thing you want will be used against the other half of the playerbase.

The LoTC playerbase is not cultivated enough nor responsible enough to deal with the implementation of firearms. LoTC years are not IRL years, but we're all mentally affected by our modern way of thinking whether we notice it or not. You know for a fact that idiots are going to try to promote "mass shootings" and might as well recreate school shootings, use it to troll people, and legit make trigger-happy characters.  This isn't an "Oren with Guns versus Mordsgrad with Guns" issue because both playerbases have idiots who will misuse it for shits n giggles. I'd rather not have a medieval roleplay server tarnished by the following formula:

Flintlocks + modern disorders + idiots = Medieval Sandy Hook

Don't pretend it won't happen, because we have those idiots on this server who would do it. So unless you're willing to put super tight reigns on this and literally moderate every use of a gun, don't give it.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go deal with the hate I'm about to be PM'd with over discord for this comment.

Guns in Lotc? Sounds like a horrible idea.

3 minutes ago, Language said:

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go deal with the hate I'm about to be PM'd with over discord for this comment.

Honestly True though, it’s  been getting Quite aggressive. 

No. Just no. I don’t wanna see crp emotes like this . John draws gun. John shoots Jack. Jack dies. Let’s just please stick to medieval theme. Thank you 

4 minutes ago, Jake the Dog said:

Haha musket line go brr

I don’t know why but reading this comment made me spit my tea. Thank you very much.