[PK] A Fate Unfit for a Coward

Dight

A Fate Unfit for a Coward

His eyes opened, finding himself at a dark place and facing a colossal gate. The ‘ker, named Dalyor, stared at the great gate, oblivious of his surroundings. However, it did not take long for the dark elf to realise what had happened.
”No.” He uttered. ”Why? Why now?” The ‘ker muttered to himself as he began to slowly walk to the gate. Memories flashed by him as he walked closer to it. So many times had he avoided death, due to his own doing or by others saving him at his hour of need. He let out a long sigh. ”So much I wanted to do. Yet, it had to end like this?” Dalyor almost sobbed as he stopped, staring up at the gate. He knew where he was, due to the teachings of the clergy.
As he was finally by the gate, he peered into it. ”Why did I have to die like this? Screaming in fear and begging for help?” Sadness tainted his otherwise quiet tone of voice. However, he continued into the gates...

Emerging at the other end, he finally saw it: Stargush. As he entered, he was struck with awe as all of the horrid memories of old left him, as only the memories of his loved ones and friends remained. Yet, none of them where here in Stargush. As soon as he had entered. the guilt and fear was washed away, and his heart was at peace in Stargush. 
”I hope to meet the others here.” He stated as he looked about in Stargush. He saw many faces, and one he knew. And comforted by said person he was. The coward of a ‘ker then moved on with happiness within his guts. However, his search began for the very ‘ker he admired, Khel...

Even if his death was of a coward, his fate was not for one, but for worshippers.

Edited by Visage
Quick correction

Would sit down, sword in hand, head bowed “Zpiritz take lat.” the uruk would say. Staying in silence for a bit before heading into the desert, stripped of all clothes but a loin-cloth, beginning a dance to praise the spirits. A brother in arms now dead against a mighty foe. A worthy death, hopefully, he’ll die as good as the elf dead.....just without the screaming. That wasn’t too manly, everything else was though.

-RIP Dazlor

Lareh’Lenti slams the table at the tavern looking downwards at his drink. Dammit! Why wasn’t I there?! My commanding officer dead because I wasn’t there!” He yelps as he slams the table again, spilling the drink on the floor. Lareh’Lenti then looks down at the mess he made and sighs sadly, a tear rolling down his face. “Why wasn’t it me...”

Twilight would have been floating in the water as it happen.... a few screams and Jurassic park moment later by a fully grown acid Wyvern, he was gone.... All that was left was his crossbow that had fall to the floor. After the fight and the beast was killed. The ‘Ker picked up the crossbow, and was silent the rest of the was back to Renalia, He may have been a ‘coward’ but he was a good friend. So many battles fought with Dalyor on Athera. After a few eleven days, Twilight went to the sight were he was chomped with two bottles or ale, and just poor one out for him “I know I’m little to late, I hope your here somehow to share this with me. Dalyor the cowa-no Dalyor the brave knight.” He might have been scared, but who won’t be...but when it truly matter he was there for his friends risking his life for them until the very end

Spoiler

YdpdRvF.jpg

Beyond Kor’s Gateway sat a familiar face to both the new and now seasoned spirits of Stargûsh’Stroh, his usual haze perpetuating from his being like a soft blanket fog in this primordial realm. He smiled warmly to the two though his somber eyes would reveal his more true feelings. Delighted as he was that they had gone beyond, that the Spirits had watched over them as he had promised these two, he could not help but mourn they passing with grief. Two genuine ‘Ker taken too soon from their kin. But such was the fate of many good ‘Ker over the centuries as he knew, injustice practically being normalcy to the ashen kin...

“Come my brothers, there are many sights to see here. Much to learn and still room to grow your spirits. I can even bring the two of you to meet Jiub, he and I were dear friends when he still lived... Death is merely the next step to our kin. I know you two will be at home here in peace, learning, and vigilance. And I am very proud of you both for the lives you’ve lived.” 

Edited by Dakirennis

Lenora Jusmia would miss Dalyor. “You better say hello to Daichia...” she thought to herself a few days later as she sat in the tavern like they had so many times before taking a swig of brandy as she drank alone thinking back to Athera, after everything that could have killed him there... It was something in Arcas to deliver his finishing blow. Something that they could have prevented had they planned a little more. Had they actually been able to get him out of the maw of the wyvern. Would it have been better if they split up? Or was staying as a group the best thing they could have done? These thoughts filled her head, same with each different out come now that she knew the one that transpired. The ‘ker woman shook her head getting all the negative thoughts out as tears started to roll down her face, she wiped her tears off with her sleeve knowing the best thing to do was to keep moving on and not forget those that have died up to this point in her life. To keep sharing their memory and use them as stepping stones to keep going

Oocly: going to miss Dalyor, he was a great character and will truly be missed. Can’t wait to see what you do in the future for your personas and glad he got a death better than Rythers ❤️

Tantalus would look on in horror as the beast swallowed Daylor mid-air, Tantalus’ armored helmet hiding the shock and loss on his face as he watched it happen. He’d trudge along silently with the rest of the party as they brought Daylor’s killer’s corpse back to Renelia, thinking to himself, “Oh spirits, what an awful way to go... what a horrible, horrible way to to go.”