[✗] [Magic]Clerics of Tahariae

Faewilds

haha funny magic do the heal haha me like light haha do the funny cleric thing good guy haha

+1 cus fae kinda cute ngl

Edited by JaxonBlues

give me rep

+1

Haha cleric light goes kachow

Copy cat goes brrr

Do not allow Kani and Chi to work with it. That’s just total power-creep. 

+1 i’m so proud now time to be real deadbeat dad

Just now, ExcitedEXE said:

Do not allow Kani and Chi to work with it. That’s just total power-creep. 

Kani and chi both don’t negatively affect the soul or blemish it in anyway, thus they are compatible. 

1 minute ago, Salty said:

Kani and chi both don’t negatively affect the soul or blemish it in anyway, thus they are compatible. 

within lore reasoning, yes, but you are still allowed to forbid some things from interacting for no reason beyond balance.

8 minutes ago, Archipelego said:

within lore reasoning, yes, but you are still allowed to forbid some things from interacting for no reason beyond balance.

I mean I suppose, but I feel like limiting rp due to an unlikely event that someone will be able to get clericism and chi, or clericism and kani, or all three in an extremely unlikely circumstance, is kinda strange. No reason to limit rp like that. Plus, you can’t even use chi and clericism at the same time, you would have to pick one or the other, you would just be more versatile I suppose. But I don’t know enough about kani to comment on that.

edit: to add on to this, if you want to limit something, limit it irp. For example, irp I don’t accept chi students who are actively warriors because I don’t want them to stray from the path of hulian and abuse the magic.  If clerics don’t want someone to use chi and clericism then they can just not teach chi monks, it’s that simple. No reason to restrict rp in lore via compatability unless there is a lore reason it should be restricted, in my opinion. 

Paladin magic already does the same thing regarding curse removal, and none of the Shade writers were even attempted to be communicated with. Remove the shade aspects, and keep in mind that holy Magics all doing the same exact thing was a major reason they were all shelved in the first place.

11 minutes ago, TheAlphaMoist said:

Paladin magic already does the same thing regarding curse removal, and none of the Shade writers were even attempted to be communicated with. Remove the shade aspects, and keep in mind that holy Magics all doing the same exact thing was a major reason they were all shelved in the first place.

Incorrect actually! I’ll explain:

https://gyazo.com/a764c65fb4d863bffc6d224ead8d39b1

As you can see in this screenshot, the mentioned interaction with shades and purging is, quite literally, a direct quote of the requirements: Written for anyone with purging abilities in general. Shade lore is not built to only respond to Paladins.

Additionally, Paladins dont follow that and are therefore not exactly the same. The strength of Paladin spells is not directly proportional to tiers(A t3 casting a shield will have the same strength as a T5), and as such it was clarified in our lore to match that as “tier requirements” did not make sense.

On the lore as a whole, Paladins are directly stated as neutral-deity now, whereas Clerics are holy. Paladins are melee-buff guys. Clerics are support spellcasters.

I am also currently looking at a screenshot of your reply to Clerics being able to purge shades, in relation to this very lore post:

https://gyazo.com/7cddf0f13dfdf148d0012e583f4e9ff4

44 minutes ago, Fury_Fire said:

Incorrect actually! I’ll explain:

https://gyazo.com/a764c65fb4d863bffc6d224ead8d39b1

As you can see in this screenshot, the mentioned interaction with shades and purging is, quite literally, a direct quote of the requirements: Written for anyone with purging abilities in general. Shade lore is not built to only respond to Paladins.

Additionally, Paladins dont follow that and are therefore not exactly the same. The strength of Paladin spells is not directly proportional to tiers(A t3 casting a shield will have the same strength as a T5), and as such it was clarified in our lore to match that as “tier requirements” did not make sense.

On the lore as a whole, Paladins are directly stated as neutral-deity now, whereas Clerics are holy. Paladins are melee-buff guys. Clerics are support spellcasters.

I am also currently looking at a screenshot of your reply to Clerics being able to purge shades, in relation to this very lore post:

https://gyazo.com/7cddf0f13dfdf148d0012e583f4e9ff4

Using a quote from half a year ago when lore games were going on and lore was under an extremely tense atmosphere is zzz. 

If clerics need to be able to purge shades, that’s fine. But at least be fun and creative with it. Do a full blown exorcism like Joel wanted to do or something actually interesting. A lot’s changed in half a year, and I think a lot of shades would now agree that the current purge methods are lame, uninteresting, and just boring. 

Maybe talk to us about it too. Both of you are literally in the discord...