King John's Rock Settlement Application

Christ

Settlement PRO MC Name: KingJohnFleeper
Settlement Name: King John’s Rock
Proposed Settlement Locations (Highlight 3 on the map):

Gqp871sLafnI_tjh0CZ37jChiTO78lZuNM_ykzVyO0OWiRE-WZrz_9tr1Efbn7W3LpSF9rvr-QwyGc2vtu80BZ8W4QQtqlytK0lHfwO5FAGBQHryczncDSRoeyVfoiT89WwMoexj

Settlement Lore (could include previous roleplay posts showing involvement with the community) (1000 words minimum):

Ruswick military structure

War with oren

A poem about Ruswick

A play written about the bandit kingdom of ruswick

The Religion of King John

Nottinghams religious attacks on canonism

The Exile Of Nottingham

Nottingham news network

Nottinghams Ordinance

Southron Lore

Nottingham Triumphant

Alliance with Ghanyah

Settlement Government Structure Explanation:

King John’s Rock follows a theocratic government where King John, supreme deity of Nottinghamshire is recognized as the supreme ruling authority bestowing his divine governance down to his Council of Nemok, or prophets on earth who direct the day to day lives of their people. This council is usually composed of 5 individuals from various backgrounds. These individuals have no specific requirements such as nobility. Instead, all that matters however is their sole devotion to the teachings of King John.

Settlement Builds and Infrastructure (photos required):

24nTv7YCBqjS7EU8qyVhweqDn2dpOPRtEEf42sG96KSOo6ZjAPONaTSW9Ni-ISEnGT2UHhgL2f4kgDnItIlrecIoPPRJSMs8cMjBRv9ero5H0ZEHrjfQSUVUpmUG2UurQ-BqEVzx

E1-gfT8NkwXUSUsQ6cq3pGKtWodCVPaGP6JET0dSg4L9Ns6v-yqzPtRKzWV7BF_WohcfznHqHESsBRG-7lIhqlr6BF-8TeDMlBGuz3hMHeRaZcq5joA30HfCK6vPdDzQ2uVoNkyU

0y4aSb0Zsvq8y04INzQRfoiLTpB2awL63jTnI27CrHB4lPhiVXseNPvA1cJrNhmduhgtvXP0gl7HuJ079eITxrcWFi-KO3UnEpNdO6jZwj2XEVZOpziFzc-UjY3O4D063PIoC5u2

L9uu5NDmxM9LZj0rQ_qYUpCkQp4zeszjiTpMxf8F-anXawoLJ5Upap-FO3acwN3yy17LY4GNyHXuVhgEW6LXjKTY4LOxDzQNA-O1TPouB8pJNX3EgozbBjZiUIS0VyDPah_d5ROP

lyqhx8xGd2Da18nT4kJJeAnK742bFw3UQ7F6ZZZdR8dQrmcyBT-goptbSr0vTfXEZCvJlY22q4vvboyzIYIgm21MBdrvFAWcMjYkWmdJun-zwTjotwsg-ZPZeIQUKfYQuM4cyWiK

ft8ZQB__BkjMExqx72S-p3NMsfa3S0RZKFOkPLzDxAigkFrWaJBLMdQ3FX0niPEubB0HXg9H_CEeAmNp4nUyq1mBlctmf_1i40ncMxUX38DRBoD6X62FS84Z6jfBr7rwDQOKxoGt

How does this settlement offer a unique niche not already found in an existing polity on the server?

Rather than the old Monarchy of Ruswick, King John’s Rock is a theocratic state following the tenants and will of King John Himself. It offers a place for things such as cults, banditry, thieves and a place to house the so called scum of the earth. It was nice and worked fine last time. We had a lot of roleplay backing us. We helped haense in a warclaim and had the difference making rally of 30. It closed the gap and made the defense defend better. It offers a new religion for people to worship, and a new culture.

How does your settlement tie to the greater lore and narrative set by the community on LotC?:

It gives the current state of the server an antagonist. The difference between us having a settlement and not is that we actually have roleplay consequence such as losing our charter and forcing us to think our actions out strategically

Have you ever run a settlement on LoTC before and what experience do you have with leadership within roleplay communities among the current groups of players?

Yes. I lead the previous Ruswick and it was fun. It came with a lot of OOC but it also came with things that made the server enjoyable for my community and I am grateful for that.

Are you aware that the nomenclature of your settlement and structure of its government must be initially appropriate to your size and status? (I.e a 1 tier settlement can not be a kingdom or principality - Rome was not built in a day!) 

Yes

Do you understand the metrics for maintaining activity and the grounds for settlement removal, along with the standing polity cap?

Yes

Hi guys, 

Unfortunately, your application for a settlement has been unsuccessful. 

Firstly, your settlement lore section was incomplete. We expect 1000 words minimum of original lore summarizing what your settlement will be, not simply a collation of past roleplay posts. If you are going to include these posts (The key phrase in the description being ‘could include’ rather than ‘can consist of’) they need to compliment your 1000 word write-up rather than simply forming it in its entirety. This is a rule, not just a guideline. 

I also noticed that some of these posts aren’t written by your group or for your group. This is why we expect 1000 words of original content from you - any past forum posts are simply supplementary, as it isn’t fair that you be able to take credit for the work of others. 

I think that your settlement government structure definitely requires some work. What about this system is exactly theocratic? Keep in mind that King John is not a canon deity on the server - this is not an impediment, of course, by any means! - but should definitely be taken into account when considering that your stated ‘theocracy’ is based on ‘divine governance’.  How does this divine governance actually translate to your theocracy? What sort of tenets does King John actually expect his subjects to espouse? What role do his teachings have in the application of law and how will this generate roleplay in your settlement? You mention ‘five individuals of different backgrounds’ - what’s the nature of these different backgrounds? Can you elaborate on this further? Your reference to the Council of Nemok as King John’s ‘prophets on earth’ needs much more development as well.

I am satisfied with your builds and believe they fit the aesthetic fine.

I also do not accept your answer that what you are going for here fits a unique niche that can not be done anywhere else. You are talking about the tenets and will of King John himself but you have not whatsoever elaborated on how that actually practically applies to roleplay. Offering a place for ‘cults, banditry, thieves, the so-called scum of the earth’ is not exactly a unique niche, either. I can name several places like that that exist on the server currently, and I would recommend looking into roleplaying with them if you are not willing to develop your concepts further. I don’t believe that your ‘new religion’ is anywhere near as developed as it ought to be to fulfil your stated goal of offering a new religion or culture for players to adhere to. I don’t think that ‘making the defense defend better’ is particularly relevant to this section either - this question really requires a lot of work and a bit more deep thinking if you would like to get accepted. 

As for being an antagonist, I am not seeing evidence of any ways that you will actually do this besides mindless banditry. If that is the route you would like to go for, that’s fine, but you don’t need a settlement in order to do that. You also did not tie your settlement into the server’s greater lore and narrative in a satisfactory fashion - everything that you wrote about here could have existed in total isolation from every other entity or occurrence on the server. If you want to be an antagonist, you need to give considerable thought to the context for your antagonism. 

This application will need a lot more work to be considered by World Team. Remember, we take the best candidates out of the pool when a slot becomes open. Giving you this feedback now is to prepare you to either make changes to your plan and update it with better and more cohesive information to put your best foot forward.