CT Warp Cart

VonAulus

Guys, road rp is literally amazing. Telanir said so himself. You guys just aren’t open to actually giving it a shot. 

Sure it’s been a thing for a year or two now, but you just need to give it a shot. 

Just give it a shot. 

please. 

23 minutes ago, Unwillingly said:

the “warp signs prevent road RP” argument is objectively untrue because of the fact that most of the time there is little to no road RP ever. Not once in my 4 years of playing have I just happened to stumble upon road RP. When there is “road RP”, its the same bandits doing the same copy paste emotes as they always do

it isn’t “we don't want to be robbed,” its “we don't want to waste our time on a one-sided RP experience” 

in conclusion I think warp signs should be kept 

The only road RP I’ve had was when I was a morghuul playing dead in the road in hopes of eating someone and they axed my head in instead 😞

Just now, rukio said:

The only road RP I’ve had was when I was a morghuul playing dead in the road in hopes of eating someone and they axed my head in instead 😞

😞

Keep warp signs to general geographic locations, at the very least. There should be a warp to Korvassa, the Queen Isles, etc. There’s no need to have entire sections of the map that are unused because it takes 20 minutes to get there on foot from spawn. Or, even worse, parts of the map that small groups of players use, isolating themselves from the server. It’s decentralizing, and it’s waste.

Also lol at people suggesting this will bring back “road rp”; there’s nothing on the roads. Settlements are intentionally kept from building anything on the roads by staff, there are no event areas and there’s nothing to explore. There’s only so much empty green field roleplay that can be done.

51 minutes ago, BimboBudgie said:

Could have a paid warp system, with fees and a cooldown to fast travel from one settlement to another, perhaps through an NPC.

paid warps is a really good idea, it was a thing in vailor and worked out fine. i just think that the price per trip should be more than it was.

And the playerbase has answered by protesting your decision : yJpTMI6.png

xsDSz65.png

Edited by Charles The Bald

I find very little good ‘road rp’ as you call it. Mostly it’s just bandits. Usually poor ones. Every so often, they’re not so bad. But most of the time, they are and it’s just poor villainy that leads to arguments and bad vibes and people wasting the time they have to rp on trying to avoid losing rp items or something. Even bandits usually hang around cities to catch people, because it’s easiest to grab a person as they’re leaving/coming to a certain city. I’m not going to find any good rp in the middle of the road between CT and Haelun’or, or halfway through Korvassa trying to get to one of the settlements there. I will find the rp either in the city itself, or right outside it. Taking away fast travel simply means I have less time to rp with anyone. I’m not saying get rid of the ability for people to bandit. But you’re actually just taking the people away from the bandits. With the FT, I would go to visit pretty much any city I wanted to on the map. Now without that, because I have limited ss slots, I’m going to stick to the two or three places I have on my soulstone. Meaning that cities will have less activity, cause I can guarantee others will do the same. No one wants to run on the roads for ages looking for rp. They hop between cities, and if they can’t find any in the few rp spots they have on their ss, they log off the server. You’ll lose activity by taking these away. You’re not helping anyone, just hurting everyone. This benefits literally no one on the server. Not the pvp people, not the slice of life rpers, not the event goers, not the staff. No one.

Plus there’s still plenty of people who get lag. Even if the chunk issues have been fixed (too soon to tell on that in my opinion). It’s not just chunks that make it hard for people to run. Some of us just have naturally bad internet and the warps made it so much easier to get good rp.

Time to make good use of those ss, no way I’d trust the roads.

this should increase nation roleplay/activity by quite a considerable amount for the larger nations, and ensure that those who like to travel to find roleplay will need to stay in their respective cities or risk getting bandited. The road out of Helena is gonna be swamped with bandits.

It’s pretty clear that many players want and benefit from warp signs! It shouldn’t take all this nonsense to get them back, just look at the simple, good faith points laid out by the people who like having warp signs, and then the arguments being “put together” by people who want them gone. Of course, that doesn’t include me, because I have no clue what I’m talking about at any given moment.

Bring the warps back as it helps new players find nations quicker. We know people want some bandit RP but warp signs benefit for regular players and new ones.