The Return of an Author

Ibn Khaldun

Hello,

I write this post as a formal statement of my return to LotC as an author, writer, and crafter of narratives.

I don't currently foresee myself logging into Minecraft to play in-game, but would love to help anyone in crafting stories for their nation, guild, or help flesh out an idea for the Event Team. I haven't written fiction in awhile, but the content found in my signature speaks for itself in that I am a capable writer.

Feel free to contact me privately or publicly or just drop a line to an old fogey like myself.

Thanks, Salams, and hope you all are healthy and in good spirits!

Not sure if you remember me at all, but I used to be a noob grunt in the TO and was part of the Subudai for a time. I currently do mostly just world building and fiction writing (mainly for Haense) and it is always a pleasure to have another person to bounce ideas off of. My discord is yoppl the tarchar#5195 even if you just want to talk.

For those who prefer to contact me through Discord, my Discord is gaiusmarius8#0788

Any tips for writing more fleshed out lore/stories/characters?

1 hour ago, howard said:

Any tips for writing more fleshed out lore/stories/characters?

I definitely encourage you read anything by Joseph Campbell. He is a scholar on world mythology and discusses myths both known and obscure across the world. He also does a good job comparing similarities that he argues speaks more to the human psyche and shows how we do think and feel (emotionally) alike.

I love mythology and always thought that good writing is writing that held plausibility among many readers which is why I typically steered towards more "realistic" roleplay and narratives as opposed to high fantasy.

The more plausible the narrative, the more readers will 'buy' into what you have to offer. Also, the more you can do the legwork for readers in painting a mental image, the more readers will appreciate your work. You can paint this mental image by accurately portraying a scene of action or conflict, by utilizing vivid but not overbearing adjectives, and by being creative and incorporating the senses (smell, taste, hearing, etc).

Those are tips that come to mind. I hope they help.

very cool, friend!

Edited by Zanderaw