Community Team Update - April 2020

LotsOfMuffins

IJhugBejbL1MMsXXQT8AfBib-cpWXfcyAE786E0G

COMMUNITY TEAM UPDATE LOG

APRIL 2020

DBTq1IxJ5uoGVaWLHFnQoRKbUlDr7HUSW92yghXl

INTRODUCTION

Hello again!

The past month has been jam-packed with a load of applications, tons of progress on projects, and community advocacy, all thanks to the sheer amount of free time we’ve found ourselves with, and the next month is hopefully going to be just as productive. Read more below to hear about what we’ve been doing for the past month and our goals for the next. 

QjAgHXAUqvWdWFwFP0rF8ZDvCN35Kjbmuto8Q0A_

APRIL DATA

- Overview -

This month, we saw a total of 395 apps handled, with 216 new players welcomed onto LotC. 

Last month, we had 261 applications and 141 new players. We’ve still maintained about a 1:1 acceptance versus denial rate, with the exact amount being around 55% of applications being accepted. The biggest reason applications are denied is because they don’t correct the changes within 24 hours, and since we’ve made our application standards a bit more tough, more apps have changes needed. Obviously, the high app numbers are due to the quarantine (we’ve gotten nearly two times the amount of apps this month as compared with last month; the accepted apps nearly equals the total apps we had last month), with people getting bored and wanting something to do. Unfourtunately, this means wait times for apps are high, but the team is doing their best. More on this below.

- Accepted/Denied Ratios -

e0d7b9b495c4f2b4d43cb6d044e80e1b.png

- Race Specific Data -

1adc526505112cac2ad265edb896245e.pngb6ebacffea1fc243791993b2d1eb1a18.pnga48ccbeb1723edcec0d3f7f0e37777f2.png92017f90c2d52d73147f75d7a1eafe47.png

- New Player Guidance -

18a7bfa2472b62e445a11ad6aefd2c3a.png

1vnyrhqEPj4A7z2__g9_dMoyciTuJWOMeC5Wv14i

TEAM DATA

- Application Team Data -

a6cfbb77ac6177a09eaffd75b5c9bdd5.png

JXtBBuP0yXxnyXT3diNZofLzw2fjZTjFo373huTN

APPLICATION KING/QUEEN

This month’s Application Queen goes to… @LotsOfMuffins

Iy22se_0ZYM27-tIKN-oN5Qtcj7C1-2-BWdgl9jv

@LotsOfMuffins

Followed behind by @LordScisso and @stickyhon!

In order to help the team out, I’ve taken on a couple of apps per day, which has accidentally made me the Application Queen. I wanted to be this when I was a regular member back in the day, but I guess now is as good a time as any. Whoo.

HAAODdR22bpR0KlD_1CVvGXM8l0HYCZo8LUr0e28

CURRENT ROSTER

- Community Administrator -

@LotsOfMuffins

- Community Managers -

@armajesty

@Nestro_Miner

@NotAFie

@puffables

- Community Team Members -

@chaosgamer_

@Dinochann

@DigestiveSeed

@Epistile

@Evonpire

@LordScisso

@LotsOfFish

@Mariolla

@NotASunny

@Nozoa

@Shmeepicus

@stickyhon

@TheBelidle

@Ttsim

- Content Creators -

@Beordan
@ElvenMommaHacker

@nerdypenguins
@Parion
@puffables
@Shmeepicus

- Wiki Team Members -

@1_Language_1
@brotherbotany
@Chorale_
@HeftyDonut
@Qizu

W1F4ucBh_3BBnR-bptjwZHIWTTbBwMnWrjyNC79o

PROJECT UPDATES 

WIKI - @Nestro_Miner

Heyoo everyone! This month has been a productive one for The Wiki Team! We’ve made great progress in ensuring The Lore on the  Wiki has been updated and The Story Team have been a great help in ensuring that our guys post complete and authentic work! This month, a recruitment message was posted and we got a few new additions to the team which is great! All the help is welcome so if you’re interested in joining then please shoot me a message @ NestroMiner#1721. I’m also proud to say that our members have been working a great deal recently on fixing the uncategorized pages and doing maintenance reports. There’s a lot to look forward to in the near future and I’m excited! Lastly, I just wanna give a big shoutout to my entire team for their continuous hard work. Have a great day everyone, and stay safe!

BROOM CREW - @armajesty

Hello, everyone! Broom Crew has been hard at work this month in regards to Pots 'n Pandits. We managed to set up a Your View in order to take the opinion of the Community into account while determining the proper course of action. The plans for Pots 'n Pandits has officially been set in motion and we are aiming to have it completed by next month at the latest. This month, after much recommendation, we picked up the New Player Guide and have begun to rewrite it. It was brought to our attention that the guide is outdated and so we are prioritizing this update and hoping to finish it within the month of May. The final thing I would like to discuss is the purging of the Skin Archive. Unfortunately, many of our links corrupted as we were moving onto our final phase so we will have to restart this project, through we are hoping to wrap things up as soon as possible! A huge thanks to the hard working members of the broom Crew. Keep up the good work

PROJECTS - @puffables

Heya gamers, this month projects fg has been continuing to move ahead with our plethora of projects - a lot of changes made, and a lot done. Our 'travellers guild' is ready for release, juust waiting on our guidance rework [ after reviewing the 'your view' on such earlier this month ] and monk rework/lore projects  to release them all together. We are also hard at work on the TUTORIAL ISLAND, something i know a lot of people are pretty interested in seeing! Prompts done, the build making way - we're putting a lot of focus into getting this done!

Our hope is that these projects end up linking smoothly from one to the other, for an ideal new player experience. Tutorial Island presents players joining for the first time with all the OOC/functionality knowlege they'd need  - teaching of the chat plugin, basic commands, basic rules, settlements and various other bits of useful information to get started! Once they've completed this, we hope to have them directed from the spawn at CT to the Travellers Guild - where a CT member as a monk traveller can guide them in RP to a settlement of choice, get them started with RP, collaborate with settlements for a smooth, rp-based integration, prompting good storytelling and immersion from the very start.

Very much looking forwards to having this released to you all - and a huuuge thanks to the Projects FG and all who have been assisting with these projects !! ❤️❤️ 

CONTENT CREATION – @NotAFie

Hey gamers, Fie here!

This month has been quite the wild ride. I'll try to stay as brief as possible in this summary. The content creators have been hard at work. We are currently in the process of reworking the Skin Archive together with the fabulous Broom Crew, managed by Armajesty.  Another project would be the training and tutorial videos. Sadly, the Content Creation Group is currently short on Video Editors. If you are interested in the position, feel free to apply (https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forms/52-content-creation-staff-application/). It'd be a joy to have you!

Lastly, I'd like to thank every Content Creator for working so much on our projects, even though things can get quite hectic. I believe that's all I have to say - sooo, cya!! Stay safe, everyone! ❤️

EVENTS - All Management

The month of April was jam-packed with Easter egg hunts and chasing down crazy rabbits. It was a blast to be able to share these fun holiday events with you guys, and we look forward to many more! Special thanks to @Ttsim for heading the Chase the Rabbit event and putting it together, and @armajesty for overseeing it! Keep a lookout for our May event, and the next Creative Cafe will be coming in June, so start preparing your talents. 

l_wRy70ElTcX8Udw_X3eL2tskekK-wB0gzGcuXTz

MAY’S DIRECTION

Last month was primarily about pushing through applications despite the large influx and working towards completing our first test run of the new community advocacy system. Now that we’ve done that, it’s time to keep moving forward with engagement, projects, and more community advocacy.

Last Month’s Goals -

1. Engagement

Every two weeks, Community Team Members have a conversation with their overseeing manager about how they’re doing in terms of applications, monk guidance, etc., each of our core duties. This month, we’ve added engagement to that list. So, every two weeks, a Community Team Member sits down and discusses their other core duties as well as how engaging they are with the community. Managers keep a lookout for how active they are in the discords, in #h and #ws, and generally in-game, and they talk about how they can improve. Personally, I’ve seen members such as @stickyhon and @Nozoa assisting new players in the main discord daily, and a large majority of the team speaks in #ws to wandering souls as well. This is continuing to be a topic of interest as we move forward, however, as there is always room for improvement.

1. Community Advocacy

Throughout April, the team reached out to nation leaders, charter leaders, and players concerning the new charter reform. We heard over 30 different peoples’ input on the subject, compiled the positives, negatives, and suggestions into a document, summarized them for ease, and sent them on.

1. Applications

The Community Team has been hard at work keeping up with applications. The large influx has been wild, but we’ve been managing to keep the wait time down to a few days. Initially, that sounds bad. But keep in mind that we’ve had almost two times the amount of applications in April than March, and the number was still a bit high for March compared to usual. Due to the coronavirus, people want something to do, so they’re applying. Lots of them. And we’re still managing to keep the wait time from turning into weeks so I am proud of the team for all their hard work

- This Month’s Goals -

1. Community Advocacy

Last month, we completed our first community advocacy project under our new system. Read more on that below. This next month, we will be continuing this feedback system with a new topic: applications and how they should be handled. This topic will concern mostly nation/charter leaders, but we will also interview players and new players on the subject. If you’d be interested in giving us in-depth feedback regarding how we handle applications, the current application standards, etc., please reach out to a Community Team Member

1. Monk Guidance

I made it a goal within our team for every single Community Team Member to complete at least one monk guidance. We’ve basically achieved that goal, though one or two members missed it. I’d like to continue with this, slowly upping the bar to more guidances without making it a quota; instead of punishing members for not reaching a certain number, I am rewarding those who do. Monk guidance is a crucial part of new player integration into the server, and thus, it should be a focus for the team! Hopefully, one day, we will be able to provide guidance to almost every new player who logs into the server. But as it stands, it’s difficult to get new players to request that guidance. We send them a PM on discord after accepting their application asking them to make a /creq, we include it in our accepted message, and we reach out to those we see struggling, but the fact of the matter is that not all new players request guidance, and we can’t sit around Cloud Temple waiting for someone new to pop up all day. Perhaps part of this is streamlining the process through Tutorial Island, as progress continues on that, or through a system where the new player has an option during their first log in to click a button to request it instead of typing out a command. Or perhaps we just need to encourage them to make a /creq more. However this looks, we need to work towards guiding almost every new player. 

1. The Wiki Team

The Wiki Team has been a focus before, and it is again now, as we’re yet again shifting how it works somewhat. Instead of dished-out assignments that are the same for each member, we’re working with the members to establish what they want to work on and then helping them achieve that. Perhaps one member wants to update lore pages and another wants to write about dwarves. That’s fine! Our goal is to ensure that progress is happening and moderate the players with regular accounts, not to force the Wiki Team Members to complete a bunch of writing assignments that they may or may not be interested in. Read more on that here:

-dkENQD1pDeq3-4zh6fsieasL955foBvx97kY4Gp

If you have any questions or comments about the direction that we are going in, feel free to leave a comment down below or reach out to a team member.

It_OWfjRIPv-eom7hXztVv6NnGoN_O8lhgWroIDB

CT GANG

Oop, looking good ❤️

yes wiki yes

45 minutes ago, MeteorDragon said:

Fie is my favorite egirl

You’re  my favourite egirl, Meteor

#wikiteambestteam

I’m Later