The Mages Guild

TheMagesGuild

T H E  M A G E S  G U I L D
ARCANUS ET RELIQUUM
Est. ante-1300

uRJlogw5ng6llZgsBcELUI6nksQZKoSeSdg3UtZqO8bollZWuQWIgECL4GUmrxCiLPCzqBMLIqCtX_nKBvTUedxF9PmtKnU9H779w1eVOnJFjx84pQQlIbNl-9hS1d8KlnuNpdE

The man who witnesses his own life, that is to say his own inner disorder, cannot feel himself to be the heir of the distinguished men of history whose names he sees carved into the stones of antiquity.  If, in addition, he is a scholar, that is to say if he knows that he knows nothing, how could he believe himself justified in occupying this same sort of fame, and how could he even desire to do so?

The answer to these questions is very simple.  Since its foundation, the Mages Guild has been charged with the civic duty of providing the services of magic and scholasticism to the realm.  In this way, a proper knowledge of magic allows man, in order to experience more fully the ties of truth which bind him to the world, a renewed image of the world, with all its mysteries, and of himself placed within it among others.  These mysteries are in each of us, as in the magi.  What does he say of the relation between the soul and body, of material and metaphysical?  What does he teach of energy and matter?  What does he know of beauty or the harmony of the cosmos?  The magi is the man who wakes up and thinks.  And man contains silently within himself the paradoxes of the Void, because to be completely a man, it is necessary to be a little more and a little less than man.

THE ARCANICUM

A set of ethical axioms, philosophies and precepts admonished and upheld to the highest degree by those of the Mages Guild.  To perform acts at variance with the Arcanicum is considered abominable to the eyes of the Mages Guild and ordinarily follows with appropriate retribution.  The Arcanicum can most accurately be divided into two sections: the School of Names and the School of Forms.  The former refers to pedagogical dictums of how and why knowledge of the arcane ought to be passed down from student to master.  The latter refers to what ends the arcane ought to be used by its practitioners.

1. The use of void magic to gain power. This is a fallacy; There is always a cost, and the goodly and studious Sorcerers of the realm accept this cost humbly.

1a. The voidal connection poisons the body. It saps our physical strength. We are not fit for fighting, and thusly we shall defend our lives when necessary, and the realm in times of need.

1b. We should not meddle in the wars of the mundane, unless the opposing force threatens academia. Magi do no wage senseless wars, rather they dedicate their time to enhancing their mind.

2. The use of voidal wrought skills to harm the innocent. Let not one mundane person think that all magi are their enemies.

2a. We shall not raise our hand against innocent people. The scholarly magus shall instead choose to serve as a beacon of wisdom for the mundane people, or simply opt not to associate with them.

2b. We shall reach out to the best of our abilities to our fallen colleagues. Those who have succumbed to the wicked path of a rogue magi. If they are beyond aid, we shall see that they do not ruin the minds of the future generations by whatever means necessary.

2c. We may choose to take on apprentices when we feel knowledgeable enough. It is greatly important to ensure that their intentions are righteous, lest they remain mundane. To teach one who lusts for power is to inadvertently harm them, for they will be bound to a quest destined to remain unfulfilled.

3. The negligence of the void. To start the path of a proper mage, you must understand why we learn. From the void, we develope a plethora of studies. They will often bolster our capabilities in our chosen disciplines.

3a. Magi must practice their art in earnest, lest their ability wane. Even learned magi are susceptible to this. Therefore, through further practice and research into one’s discipline, we supplement our minds and remain on a path to success.

3b. Voidal temperance. We shall not overexert ourselves for the void can be dangerous. It’s power is vast, and attempting to harness too much of it will rend our bodies causing irreparable damage. A balance must be maintained.

3c. Our voidal proficiency is nothing to be ashamed of. Even though we take pride in our efforts, we mustn’t subject ourselves to the narrow-minds of the mundane people who seek to impede on our education. Therefore, we must avoid them when possible.

3d. The knowledge gained from Voidal practice is to be preserved. Therefore it is only just that we do not pervert our minds and bodies with the use of macabre magic, holy magic, or otherwise, for that threatens the integrity of knowledge itself. The study of these magics, however, is acceptable and recommended.

THE COLLEGIUM MAGISTRATI

The Collegium Magistrati is the governing body of the Guild.  In its entirety it serves as a parliamentary council, voting upon important decisions and elections.  Members of the Collegium include all Archmagi as well as Adepti Veneratus, though they have considerably less voting power.  Any member of the Collegium Magistrati may call for the indictment and removal of another member by majority vote.

Archmage Rector

The Archmage Rector oversees the primary administrative duties of the Guild.  This includes upkeep of Guild property, political relations, membership records, and presiding over the Collegium Magistrati.  The Archmage Rector may also select a Locum to serve as their personal assistant and surrogate in times of their absence.

Current Archmage Rector: Kalgrimmor

Archmage Scholarch

The Archmage Scholarch oversees the organization of tutelage amongst members of the Guild. They are charged with approving and keeping documents of those being trained in the arcane,  those teaching them, and upholding the dictums and pedagogical philosophies of the School of  Names.  It is also they who approve of the advancing of a Practicus to an Adeptus Minor upon the  request of their respective teacher.  The Archmage Scholarch may also select a Locum to serve as their personal assistant and surrogate in times of their absence.

Current Archmage Scholarch: Eliza

Archmage Ipsissimus

A ritualized title given to the upholder of the philosophical and ideological sanctity of the Guild, namely through the Arcanicum as a whole.  In this way, they are charged with disciplining within the Guild for those acting against Arcanicum.  The Archmage Ipsissimus also works with a distinct and loose sect of magi known as magus logicus who are selected for being particularly knowing in the ways of esoteric philosophy and adjure themselves with its discussion among members of the Guild.  

Current Archmage Ipsissimus: Ambros

The Archmagi Sectae

The Archmagi Sectae include all other archmagi of the Guild which lead specific sects or orders of the Ordo Arcana.  Those being: Archmage Hermeticus, Archmage Artificus, and Archmage Astrologicus.  They are below the Archmage Ipsissimus, Scholarch, and Rector in provisos of hierarchy.  It is also the responsibility of the Archmagi Sectae to uphold the School of Forms in their respective orders.

THE ORDO ARCANA

The Ordo Arcana is the name of the generally given hierarchical structure of the Guild.  All members of the Guild, regardless of affiliation or duty, are given a ranking within the Ordo Arcana as a representation of relative skill or knowledge in their respective discipline.

Archmage

The highest rank one can achieve within the ordo, the archmagi of the Guild are considered masters of their discipline and, thus, leaders.  Each Archmagi leads a particular sect of the Guild or has another specific duty pertaining to administration.  All Archmagi have a seat on the Collegium Magistrati.

Adeptus

Adeptus are proficient in their respective disciplines and belong to a particular order within the Guild.  Thus, they have a breadth of duties they must carry out.  Within the rank of Adeptus there exists several other divisions of relative skill.

The Adeptus Veneratus, esteemed and senior members of the Guild, are granted the title of Veneratus for their loyalty and contributions to the Guild as a whole.

The Adeptus Majoris are accomplished members of the Guild who are capable of passing their knowledge on to other members.  The chief duty of the Adepti Majoris is to serve as Court Magi, advisors, tutors, and researchers.

The Adeptus Minor are members of the Guild who are expected to have become proficient in at least one arcane discipline.

Practicus

The lowliest rank of Practicus is for students and apprentices of the Guild who are being trained by an Adeptus Majoris or some other senior member.  While not obligated to a particular order of the Guild yet, they often times carry out duties alongside their masters within their master’s order.

SECTAE OF THE ORDO ARCANA

Upon reaching the rank of Adeptus Minor in the Ordo Arcana, members are expected to join an order to specialize their skills and carry out specific duties for the betterment of the realm.  Note that each order may have their own unique traditions and hierarchies and are beholden only to the Collegium Magistrati.

The Artificum

The Order Artificum is charged with the duty of studying and constructing magical apparatuses which might prove useful to the Guild.  Through the wonders of Arcane Engineering and the study of such topics as enchanting and arcane metallurgy, the artificus serve as civil magicians to the realm.

The Astrologicus

Magi of this sect, the astrologi, of the Order Astrologicus are primarily concerned with the study of realms beyond including, chiefly, the Void.  This, inevitably, leads to studying the non arcane arts such as the divine and the occult.  To, naturally, better understand their flaws and weaknesses.

The Hermeticum

Those of the Order Hermeticum, otherwise known hermeticus, are of a more avant garde sect dedicated to the potential benefits of magic and its sister arts on the mortal form.  This, generally speaking, pertains to the medical uses of magic and, more notably, alchemy as well as the study of magical flora and fauna.

THE VENATICUS

A separate entity from the Ordo Arcana, the Venaticus serve as the both shields of the Guild of Magi and charged with carrying out and enforcing the will of the Collegium Magistrati.  Both magi and mundanes alike may pledge themselves to defend the venerable Guild and uphold the Arcanicum.  So often it is not proper for practitioners of the high arts to partake in aggression, so it is the burden of the Venaticus to set aside pursuits of the mind to defend the Guild and its creed.

APPLICATION

The Mages Guild reserves the right to deny any application without response.  Those novitiate magi that are deemed weak of character, found too dangerous to train, or not in alignment with the goals of the Guild will be denied.

OOC
((MC Name: ))
((Discord: ))
((Timezone: ))

IN-CHARACTER
What is your name?
Why seek membership to the Mages Guild?
What arts, if any, do you currently practice?
What position do you desire to attain upon acceptance?
When should you be contacted for an interview?

Presently, the magi of the Guild conduct their dealings in the white washed spires of Domus Somnum.  For those seeking membership and counsel with the magi, travel to the spires on the road between the Under-Realm of Urguan and the path to the wildlands.  There, one will find an inconspicuous path leading up the mountain on which Domus Somnum is perched.

A75ScAtoCzoY_YZ8_eh5D9UsogWFn7MHofa7btt8xcCFPeGOiMjlK3Cpx4yWScMPUSaIMHyzwmpfES17Wf2xzhszk1HiItTxll8OPGXXRnnGl0uhFOIPMJrxBl6flBInZ6m12Ts

Edited by TheMagesGuild

OOC
MC Name:
HeftyDonut
Discord: HeftyDonut#2972
Timezone: EST

IN-CHARACTER
What is your name? Erindealynn
Why seek membership to the Mages Guild? I wish to join the Mages Guild to begin deeper studies of the void and begin working on becoming a formed mage of the order and of Arcas. 
What arts, if any, do you currently practice? I practice no arts.
What position do you desire to attain upon acceptance? Practicus
When should you be contacted for an interview? Anytime that works for you, on discord.

OOC
((MC Name: OG_Elk ))
((Discord: Rat Actual#4151))
((Timezone: MT))

IN-CHARACTER
What is your name? Greiret Elverhilin
Why seek membership to the Mages Guild? I seek to combat the teach the younger generations of mages properly and re-instate myself as a valued member of the Guild once again. The Mages’ Guild taught me how to be an acceptable mage in the past, who practices with restraint. It is my turn to return that to the blossoming younglings. Secondly, I wish to utilize the resources of the Mages’ Guild to combat the growing threat of blighted magi. This threatens the position of magi and learned folk all over the world. As such, these blighted magi must be stopped as soon as possible to prevent the public perception of mages being tarnished. Finally, I hear the Mages’ Guild is a rather cozy residence tucked in a mountain range. This would make for a suitable home. 
What arts, if any, do you currently practice? Transfiguration, telekinesis, mental magic, electrical evocation and arcanism. ((OOC note: I’m aware that some of these magics are currently on blacklist!))
What position do you desire to attain upon acceptance? Adeptus. I wish to regain my footing in the magical world, and as a past instructor of the Guild, I would not feel comfortable teaching just yet. 
When should you be contacted for an interview? In two elven days at any time. ((Monday some time, either by discord or in game!))

Fantasy_Scroll.png&f=1&nofb=1

A letter is dispatched to the applicants

The neatly sealed scroll arrives tucked tightly within the claws of what appears to be a spectral blue raven. Having landed close by the raven would chirp faintly to garner your attention before dropping a white starched rolled parchment before you, examining it reveals the symbol of the Mages Guild impressed within a wax seal.

“Dear applicant, you are hereby invited to venture forth to the whitewash spires of Domus Somnum to take part in an interview for a position within the Mages Guild. Should you choose to, you may return a letter to the Guild enquiring after more information should you need it via the raven that has delivered this letter, otherwise, we look forward to seeing you soon.”

CWg1cA8.png

Spoiler
5 hours ago, Elk said:

OOC
((MC Name: OG_Elk ))
((Discord: Rat Actual#4151))
((Timezone: MT))

IN-CHARACTER
What is your name? Greiret Elverhilin
Why seek membership to the Mages Guild? I seek to combat the teach the younger generations of mages properly and re-instate myself as a valued member of the Guild once again. The Mages’ Guild taught me how to be an acceptable mage in the past, who practices with restraint. It is my turn to return that to the blossoming younglings. Secondly, I wish to utilize the resources of the Mages’ Guild to combat the growing threat of blighted magi. This threatens the position of magi and learned folk all over the world. As such, these blighted magi must be stopped as soon as possible to prevent the public perception of mages being tarnished. Finally, I hear the Mages’ Guild is a rather cozy residence tucked in a mountain range. This would make for a suitable home. 
What arts, if any, do you currently practice? Transfiguration, telekinesis, mental magic, electrical evocation and arcanism. ((OOC note: I’m aware that some of these magics are currently on blacklist!))
What position do you desire to attain upon acceptance? Adeptus. I wish to regain my footing in the magical world, and as a past instructor of the Guild, I would not feel comfortable teaching just yet. 
When should you be contacted for an interview? In two elven days at any time. ((Monday some time, either by discord or in game!))

On 5/9/2020 at 12:08 PM, HeftyDonut said:

OOC
MC Name:
HeftyDonut
Discord: HeftyDonut#2972
Timezone: EST

IN-CHARACTER
What is your name? Kunar
Why seek membership to the Mages Guild? I wish to join the Mages Guild to begin deeper studies of the void and begin working on becoming a formed mage of the order and of Arcas. 
What arts, if any, do you currently practice? I practice no arts.
What position do you desire to attain upon acceptance? Practicus
When should you be contacted for an interview? Anytime that works for you, on discord.

OOC
((MC Name: )) Vandoria
((Discord: )) sunny25#6175
((Timezone: )) EST (Eastern Standard Time)

IN-CHARACTER
What is your name?: Celia Aldirar
Why seek membership to the Mages Guild?: I have been a learned mage for some time, and desire above all to not return to relative obscurity. I wish to contribute 
What arts, if any, do you currently practice?: Arcanism, of  a hundred years or so.
What position do you desire to attain upon acceptance?: Adeptus Minor
When should you be contacted for an interview?: Any time that is available to the ordermen of the guild.

OOC
((MC Name: SoulReapingWolf))
((Discord: Soul#9694))
((Timezone: GMT -5))

IN-CHARACTER
What is your name?
The name is Thorano Thar’vyhk
Thorano wishes to learn, and understand the different faces of de world. He wishes to take de same path as his father has before him.
In terms of magical arts not much, but some say Thorano’s cooking makes them feel like they are dreaming. Thorano also likes to practice the art of swordsmithing and jewelry crafting. 
Thorano has heard that there might be a need for a cook and bartender in de mages guild so he might be interested in this. As well as perhaps rising in de ranks of de organization. To become one as wise as his father. Thorano also wishes to mantain his position as the Archmage Rector’s best friend.
Any time, Thorano is always ready.

OOC
((MC Name: JokerLow))
((Discord: JokerLow#1312 ))
((Timezone: GMT +2 ))

IN-CHARACTER
What is your name?: Uldraek Goldhand
Why seek membership to the Mages Guild?: I wish to learn more about the magical world and the best way to go about it is by joining the Mages Guild and support it through what I can.
What arts, if any, do you currently practice?: No arts at the moment.
What position do you desire to attain upon acceptance?: Practicus
When should you be contacted for an interview?: Any time.

OOC
((MC Name: DrHope))
((Discord: Kazrin/DrHope#7783))
((Timezone: GMT -10 ))

IN-CHARACTER
What is your name?: Kazrin Starbreaker
Why seek membership to the Mages Guild?: I was once a member of this esteemed organization. Offering what knowledge I had on the magical arts and even tended to the books as Archanix. It is for these reasons from the past and now, that I wish to rejoin.
What arts, if any, do you currently practice?: Aeromancy, Telekinesis, Transfiguration and Golemancy.
What position do you desire to attain upon acceptance? Adeptus
When should you be contacted for an interview?: Available at any time

OOC
((MC Name: Gohlbez))
((Discord: pundimonium#9142))
((Timezone: CST ))

IN-CHARACTER
What is your name?

Tarhelas Elverhilin

Since the days of yore have the Arts of the Void been practiced by those of my kin. Thus, I seek to delve more deeply into the Arcane Arts in hope that I, too, may ascend to the ranks of Arcane Practice which my forefathers achieved. 

Earth Evocation, Arcanism

Adeptus Minor

Any time the coming Elven week. 

OOC
((MC Name: ComicD ))
((Discord: Comic D#5274 ))
((Timezone: EST ))

IN-CHARACTER
What is your name?

Chomylla Atmorice.

It is in my interest to learn and understand more about the void and its arts, and the best way to achieve this is joining the mages guild.

None, as of now.

Practicus.

Any time that you see fit would be alright.

OOC
((MC Name: McDaedra))
((Discord: itsyaboyjimmy#8512))
((Timezone: EST GMT+5:00 GMT-19:00 UTC+5:00 UTC-19:00))

IN-CHARACTER
What is your name?

Mafraedon Irongrinder

To better understand and learn more about the void, as well as the boons that may be granted by it.

Golemancy

Practicus

Whenever

OOC
((MC Name: SaltyVibes__))
((Discord: Salty#7987 ))

IN-CHARACTER
What is your name? Grandor Irongut
Why seek membership to the Mages Guild? To advance my knowledge of both the void, as well as alchemical reagents, and to aid others in their learning 
What arts, if any, do you currently practice? Hydromancy, Pyromancy, Arcanisim
What position do you desire to attain upon acceptance? Adeptus Majoris/Minor
When should you be contacted for an interview? whenever besides like, 12am-12pm cst cause sleep

OOC
((MC Name: )) Zachosnacko
((Discord: ))
Zacho#5276
((Timezone: )) EST

IN-CHARACTER
What is your name? Dael’ran
Why seek membership to the Mages Guild? I enjoy hanging out with mages and such, as is natural for one whose been around many times.
What arts, if any, do you currently practice? Currently just Translocation/Shifting and earth evocation.
Previously:  Hydromancy, Sensory Illusion, Aeromancy, Mental magic, Ascendedism
What position do you desire to attain upon acceptance? Adeptus Majoris
When should you be contacted for an interview? Anytime

Fantasy_Scroll.png&f=1&nofb=1

A letter is dispatched to the applicants

The neatly sealed scroll arrives tucked tightly within the claws of what appears to be a spectral blue raven. Having landed close by the raven would chirp faintly to garner your attention before dropping a white starched rolled parchment before you, examining it reveals the symbol of the Mages Guild impressed within a wax seal.

“Dear applicant, you are hereby invited to venture forth to the whitewash spires of Domus Somnum to take part in an interview for a position within the Mages Guild. Should you choose to, you may return a letter to the Guild enquiring after more information should you need it via the raven that has delivered this letter, otherwise, we look forward to seeing you soon.”

CWg1cA8.png

Spoiler
On 5/10/2020 at 7:22 PM, sunny25 said:

OOC
((MC Name: )) Vandoria
((Discord: )) sunny25#6175
((Timezone: )) EST (Eastern Standard Time)

IN-CHARACTER
What is your name?: Celia Aldirar
Why seek membership to the Mages Guild?: I have been a learned mage for some time, and desire above all to not return to relative obscurity. I wish to contribute 
What arts, if any, do you currently practice?: Arcanism, of  a hundred years or so.
What position do you desire to attain upon acceptance?: Adeptus Minor
When should you be contacted for an interview?: Any time that is available to the ordermen of the guild.

23 hours ago, SoulReapingWolf said:

OOC
((MC Name: SoulReapingWolf))
((Discord: Soul#9694))
((Timezone: GMT -5))

IN-CHARACTER
What is your name?
The name is Thorano Thar’vyhk
Thorano wishes to learn, and understand the different faces of de world. He wishes to take de same path as his father has before him.
In terms of magical arts not much, but some say Thorano’s cooking makes them feel like they are dreaming. Thorano also likes to practice the art of swordsmithing and jewelry crafting. 
Thorano has heard that there might be a need for a cook and bartender in de mages guild so he might be interested in this. As well as perhaps rising in de ranks of de organization. To become one as wise as his father. Thorano also wishes to mantain his position as the Archmage Rector’s best friend.
Any time, Thorano is always ready.

19 hours ago, JokerLow said:

OOC
((MC Name: JokerLow))
((Discord: JokerLow#1312 ))
((Timezone: GMT +2 ))

IN-CHARACTER
What is your name?: Uldraek Goldhand
Why seek membership to the Mages Guild?: I wish to learn more about the magical world and the best way to go about it is by joining the Mages Guild and support it through what I can.
What arts, if any, do you currently practice?: No arts at the moment.
What position do you desire to attain upon acceptance?: Practicus
When should you be contacted for an interview?: Any time.

14 hours ago, DrHope said:

OOC
((MC Name: DrHope))
((Discord: Kazrin/DrHope#7783))
((Timezone: GMT -10 ))

IN-CHARACTER
What is your name?: Kazrin Starbreaker
Why seek membership to the Mages Guild?: I was once a member of this esteemed organization. Offering what knowledge I had on the magical arts and even tended to the books as Archanix. It is for these reasons from the past and now, that I wish to rejoin.
What arts, if any, do you currently practice?: Aeromancy, Telekinesis, Transfiguration and Golemancy.
What position do you desire to attain upon acceptance? Adeptus
When should you be contacted for an interview?: Available at any time

14 hours ago, Sorcerio said:

OOC
((MC Name: Gohlbez))
((Discord: pundimonium#9142))

IN-CHARACTER
What is your name?

Tarhelas Elverhilin

Since the days of yore have the Arts of the Void been practiced by those of my kin. Thus, I seek to delve more deeply into the Arcane Arts in hope that I, too, may ascend to the ranks of Arcane Practice which my forefathers achieved. 

Earth Evocation, Arcanism

Adeptus Minor

Any time the coming Elven week. 

10 hours ago, ComicD said:

OOC
((MC Name: ComicD ))
((Discord: Comic D#5274 ))
((Timezone: EST ))

IN-CHARACTER
What is your name?

Chomylla Atmorice.

It is in my interest to learn and understand more about the void and its arts, and the best way to achieve this is joining the mages guild.

None, as of now.

Practicus.

Any time that you see fit would be alright.

7 hours ago, McDaedra said:

OOC
((MC Name: McDaedra))
((Discord: itsyaboyjimmy#8512))
((Timezone: EST GMT+5:00 GMT-19:00 UTC+5:00 UTC-19:00))

IN-CHARACTER
What is your name?

Mafraedon Irongrinder

To better understand and learn more about the void, as well as the boons that may be granted by it.

Golemancy

Practicus

Whenever

7 hours ago, Salty said:

OOC
((MC Name: SaltyVibes__))
((Discord: Salty#7987 ))

IN-CHARACTER
What is your name? Grandor Irongut
Why seek membership to the Mages Guild? To advance my knowledge of both the void, as well as alchemical reagents, and to aid others in their learning 
What arts, if any, do you currently practice? Hydromancy, Pyromancy, Arcanisim
What position do you desire to attain upon acceptance? Adeptus Majoris/Minor
When should you be contacted for an interview? whenever besides like, 12am-12pm cst cause sleep

@Zacho And you, but your f*ckin post didn’t load before I posted so I can’t quote it. . .

OOC
((MC Name: )) Aelisus
((Discord: )) Pauluus#4794
((Timezone: )) PST

IN-CHARACTER
What is your name? Vopiscus “Vop”  Osskur Felsövidék
Why seek membership to the Mages Guild? To understand the nature behind Voidal interactions and the process by which it interactions with living bodies. As well as proper safety practices to perform magic. 
What arts, if any, do you currently practice? None currently.
What position do you desire to attain upon acceptance? Practicus
When should you be contacted for an interview? Anytime really.