Appoligy to Archone and a break from LOTC

hannemannenyay

I used to think I was a good politician. That in the world of treachery and evil I was better than the rest, a gem of good in a sea of evil. I though I was nice….. But recently I have realised that I’m as bad as anyone else.

You may have heard that I tried to get the Duchess of Merentell replaced by another Merentell. Well I did. At the time it didn’t seem bad, I was helping a friend out in dealing with a problem that stemmed from a bad relation, and I was replacing a bad leader with a better one. It didn’t feel like treachery, I suppose it was all so bureaucratic, there wasn’t a big fight where I would be the clear enemy of Archone, but instead I would go through a greater power and give them the responsibility. It wasn’t until after it had all come through, and I had Arch telling me off for what I had done, that I realised what I had done. What seemed like helping a friend had been had been stabbing another one in the back, and I had turned a blind eye to it. I had twisted it in my head to the point of thinking I was helping him, he had issues that would make being a leader a bad fit, but instead of talking to him about it I sent a letter to the empire asking for his removal. 

So I am not as good a person as I thought. I guess I’m not any worse than the average politician, but that’s not a standard I wanna hold myself to, so I’ll be leaving LOTC politics for a while, and possibly the entire server. I wanna be able to tell myself that I’m making LOTC a better place by working for countries and helping them expand, but I can’t truthfully say that as things are now. I may still stay for some fun rp, but if I do it will only be to enjoy rp, I’ll avoid power and positions where I can truly hurt people.

Thanks to everyone who has been supporting me for my journey so far, it’s been one of excitement and thrill, being cast in politics in my second week by Serigala, a man known for bad decisions, but few know the amazing guy who lies behind them. Moncy, the genius who taught me half the stuff I know about ruling. I’m sorry for leaving some of you on a bit of a loose end, some who perhaps needed me, but I was going to do more harm than to the LOTC landscape the way I am now, so I think this is best for everyone.

I’m sorry Arch

This post has made me feel sad tbh :’( Dw @hannemannenyayit’s just minecraft politics and please read the Discord PMs. 

I dont know you, but there are unlimited ways of playing Lotc, not just the politician way, just look for something that fits you more.