Double Mod Moderation Update

Braxis

Moderation Update Log March &

April 2020

BJLAa8br7qt8jfdjsbqGfJz61pSYa7FNgbqKWGIa

<Introduction>

Now this double month update was supposed to go out early May since I forgot to post the March one too. But both are now late, and I would like to apologize for the long wait for this month's Moderation Update. Late March, I was becoming under the weather and ended up in early May and until last week very ill and something which at first, most people thought to be Covid-19. Thankfully after five anxiety filled days of being denied the test, my symptoms changed, and while I was still ill and only able to dedicate a few hours a day to LOTC. It was not Covid, which I would take any day. I only really made this known to a few groups when it was at its worst. While I had originally planned to go on hiatus, I was unable due to a sudden issue with Moderation Management. As I did not want to repeat what happened when 2/3 Manager’s poofed for a short while, along with the Admin back in December/January.

Since last week, I have been playing catch up on Discord DMs, reports, drama and such. Not to mention the projects that Moderation has been working on since our last update. Some, sadly, are still in the works awaiting final review before they can either be published or the next step can be taken. Although, over this weekend several posts from me and my Management will be coming out, showing that this hiccup will not be hindering our team.

<New Changes>

Moderation will be undergoing some big changes for the remainder for this month. It being our Moderation and Management Rosters, some Inter-Staff policies, training, procedures, etc. Some of these will be going up in a few days so players can see what we’ve been up to. As well, at the end of this month or start of the next one, the Moderation Application will be changing, those who we think may be possible fits for the team will be getting an interview sometime this month, or early next month before the new applications go out.

<Current Projects>

Rule Rewrite - The Majority of the Rule Rewrite is still in the final review phase, currently awaiting final feedback from certain individuals before it is kicked back to the team to rework, or before it can be passed. We hope to have a proper update for everyone at the end of this month. Even if I have to go back to pinging people like crazy, it will be done daily soon. As soon as they are kicked through the final review, we will be revamping the rule page. We currently have two possible formats given by Telanir and Lyonharted. We will try to give both a try to see what the community deems easier to navigate the rules with.

Infraction System & Ban Lengths - With the Infraction System Update, we saw a more hard and firm stance taken with many offenses. Throwing away the 2-3 warnings per infraction before a player even saw a light ban. Although the new system has fixed many problems, it itself has created its own. One being a major complaint from players and even from old and new Moderators some of the pre-set ban lengths either being too heavy or too light for the situation at hand.

A post will be going out shortly showing some minor changes that will allow Moderators to go and give lighter punishments if the situation calls for it, or heavier as well. Although Heavier options will be subject to Manager or Mod Admin approval.

Infraction Appeals - The Infraction Appeal system did not survive the final review and has been reworked. Information for Infraction Expiration will be in the same post mentioned above.

War Patch - This is completely being reworked from the version we submitted some time ago. Thankfully Players and Ex-Staff have thrown ideas and documents our way to help make another attempt at a system we can use regarding some player feedback we got with the Your View months ago, the documents given to use, even Xarkly’s manifesto are being referenced for this second attempt at a war patch.

Coups- Coups are still on hold unless you are couping an inactive nation or charter leader. Although, we hope to bring coups into a state where they can be done for active and dynamic role-play. We will be gathering more feedback on that in the near future as well as referencing some feedback gathered by CT a little while back.

Management  – There will be a change in Moderation Management coming this weekend, with one or even possibly two new faces stepping up to the plate. As well as hopefully next week a currently wifi-less Mod will be regaining her internet.

More Accurate Modreq Data Hopefully this will be ready for our next update when June rolls around. And this time we are making a draft ahead of time, like right now. So no sudden hit to Moderation Leadership delays this any further then needed. Which will have Average wait times, average time to handle a ticket, etc. As well as data to help moderation pinpoint which exact time-zone we are having the most trouble with.

Heists Heists have been approved and the rule-set will be updated by the end of this weekend or sometime next week. When the post goes public, Heists-rules will be open and applications for it will be as well. Do not fret if you want to partake in some thievery but not on a large scale. Petty Theft Rules are being worked on shortly after this project is wrapped up.

<Current Team Roster >

This is the current roster of the team below, with both new and old faces ready to tackle Moderation.

yu5rVE5.png

<Monthly Statistics>

Moderation Staff received a total of 2221 Tickets in April.

In March, the Modreq total was 1786 Tickets, in April we saw the ticket count rise by an additional 435 Modreqs. And as far as May goes we are already beating the pace of April in tickets. Moderation is currently preparing to do several rounds of interviews to help replace the Moderation team members the team has lost over the weeks.

P7VlrpF.png

1st Place: ImCookiie

2nd Place: Frill

3rd Place: ImChiicken

March:

1st Place: ImCookiie

2nd Place: Knox213

3rd Place: ImChiicken

*Those in red are either Admins who’ve helped out at odd hours, or management who have projects instead of quotas.

<Special Thanks>

To Cookie and Budgie for assisting me with getting this post out in a somewhat timely manner since my return to full gear. As well to the players who have shown patience with the recent spike in Modreq waiting time. Moderation is currently doing two to possible three rounds of interviews to help fill in missing spots, while still allowing the team to grow to help cover more timezones in a more effective manner.

woah, nice update.

20 minutes ago, Braxis said:

Frill

frill

Can someone please help me with the harassment report I’ve been trying to get handled since literally November, please?

@Braxis So in terms of ban length and appeal, may you give a brief tl:dr about how this will be implemented? Just so I can quote it for future reference please.

7 hours ago, TheAlphaMoist said:

Can someone please help me with the harassment report I’ve been trying to get handled since literally November, please?

Answers is already in your DM’s on discord, if you have any further questions please let me know there.

7 hours ago, Nathan_Barnett36 said:

So is streaming while captured going to be in these new rules because it isn't in the current ones?

If you are streaming from an Official Platform such as Twitch, DLive, etc and you get captured you are free to Stream It but must be ready to accept that some people may use that to Meta Game information and may drag Moderation into the case. But if you are streaming on Discord when your captured, and some of those people who just so happen to be in the same channel are nearby and a mod sees that, they are fully able to request the Discord Stream to be shut down as it would be breaking the Meta-Gaming based rules of LOTC. With the rewrite coming out this will be a little more clear once it is approved.

5 hours ago, Ug said:

when is zacho being banned?

Not soon enough smh

2 hours ago, HadvarAvMitteland said:

@Braxis So in terms of ban length and appeal, may you give a brief tl:dr about how this will be implemented? Just so I can quote it for future reference please.

The posts will be out later today after the Moderation Meeting or early tomorrow, depends on how the schedules play out. The changes coming to this are minor, but ones that will give a good amount of leeway to Moderators when it comes to handling situations. Ban Lengths and Appeals themselves are not changing much at all, at least from when we changed them back in Late February getting away from Pun’s old system.

Can we get lwc fixed, before heists are passed?
Are there going to be provisions for rescue raids?

36 minutes ago, Luciloo said:

Can we get lwc fixed, before heists are passed?
Are there going to be provisions for rescue raids?

Rescue Raids are currently in the works with the other raids rules, we hope to have something out in a timely manner but since Raid Rules are a hot topic we will see! As for LWC before I unhide the Heists thread I will be contacting the Tech Team to see what is the current status on some of the LWC errors. If you can either over Discord or Forum DM’s. Sent me which specific LWC errors you are worried about just incase its any my team is not aware of yet.