Jump to content
Hindsightmancy

[Magic Lore] Herald and Azdrazi Spell / Enrapturement Rewrite

Recommended Posts

to give actual feedback, I think this is a really neat post but i dislike the idea of disconnection freely because every community, regardless of whose in it, has people who will find place to abuse things and cause issues because they lore-ified can. Disconnection is good, but only when there is rp proof that certain conditions have been met. Thats simply my opinion, but again i do think this lore is excellently written and a great addition for the dragon-folk and kin!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems neat   +1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zacho said:

to give actual feedback, I think this is a really neat post but i dislike the idea of disconnection freely because every community, regardless of whose in it, has people who will find place to abuse things and cause issues because they lore-ified can. Disconnection is good, but only when there is rp proof that certain conditions have been met. Thats simply my opinion, but again i do think this lore is excellently written and a great addition for the dragon-folk and kin!

I’d like to tack on to this, as I mainly feel there is a portion of players that if they got hold of this magic, they’d attempt to circle jerk and I’m just afraid of some of the **** they’d do OOCly with the power dynamic they’d hold over players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, ElvenMommaHacker said:

I’d like to tack on to this, as I mainly feel there is a portion of players that if they got hold of this magic, they’d attempt to circle jerk and I’m just afraid of some of the **** they’d do OOCly with the power dynamic they’d hold over players. 

Just going to redirect you and Zacho to this same argument that was made on the addendum thread, and the counterpoints. Having OOC stipulations to protect people’s magic cheapens roleplay, and as Joel had stated on that post, there is literally no drawback beyond losing their magic. If roleplay leads to a certain point then there should not be out-of-character rules to protect a player from perceived unfairness. Azdrazi have since their creation been a diverse playergroup with people that all different sorts of communities within the server, and if there were not issues when there was an actual PK clause wherein a single person within the Azdrazi community had the power to PK another Azdrazi without any OOC guidelines, I don’t see why disconnection needs that kind of treatment which serves to do nothing beyond stand as a roadblock in genuine roleplay. If someone thinks they are being OOCly targeted or mistreated through the use of a disconnection, then that’s an issue of metagaming and should be treated as a rule-break, not something that should affect the lore.

 

Edited by Bagley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bagley said:

Just going to redirect you and Zacho to this same argument that was made on the addendum thread, and the counterpoints. Having OOC stipulations to protect people’s magic cheapens roleplay, and as Joel had stated on that post, there is literally no drawback beyond losing their magic. If roleplay leads to a certain point then there should not be out-of-character rules to protect a player from perceived unfairness.

 

Well my reasoning wasn’t to protect someone’s magic Roleplay, but to protect players as a whole from a shitty power dynamic that can be formed from the lack of ‘tenants’, as stuff like this has happened in the past and is currently happening. And I don’t mean stuff that happens IRP but stuff that can happen OOCly, from what I’ve seen with a few other magics I just don’t think players are capable of having free reign of being able to have disconnection without it being abused in some form. 

I do agree that having OOC protections can cheapen RP,  but all RP gets cheapened when OOC gets involved, and I don’t have confidence that a large enough portion of the LotC player base is able to disconnect themselves reasonably enough from RP and OOC. So it comes down to weighing why OOC measures have been put in place and if the sacrifice they come with is worth it. I do wish to note that I keep in mind the assurances that the no tenant disconnection won’t be abused by the current player base, but that does not mean the future when a new player base has formed, won’t abuse the disconnection.

To argue on behalf of OOC protections (Tenants) this at least ensures some form of RP has happened to warrant a disconnection. 

Person A commits crime that goes against tenants while Person B was watching, thus causing Person A to go into hiding to avoid disconnection while Person B gathers fellow allies to hunt down Persona A for their crimes. As of right now it could literally be. Persona A looked at Person B funny, so Persona B rallies his allies to disconnect Person A.

One makes for more interesting RP but the other one simply doesn’t and why people wish for Tenants when it comes to magics that have disconnection, to prevent characters having their progression staggered brutally because of an RP that lacks substance to allow a character to develop from. Something like Disconnection can open up a variety of interesting RP possibilities as argued but that requires the reasoning behind Disconnection to be decent. 

 

Though if the LT feel that this type of disconnection is worth adding I do hope it is, at the very least, closely monitored.  But I think as a whole Disconnection needs a major revamp to prevent issues brought on by tenants and no tenants disconnection.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ElvenMommaHacker said:

Well my reasoning wasn’t to protect someone’s magic Roleplay, but to protect players as a whole from a shitty power dynamic that can be formed from the lack of ‘tenants’, as stuff like this has happened in the past and is currently happening. And I don’t mean stuff that happens IRP but stuff that can happen OOCly, from what I’ve seen with a few other magics I just don’t think players are capable of having free reign of being able to have disconnection without it being abused in some form. 

I do agree that having OOC protections can cheapen RP,  but all RP gets cheapened when OOC gets involved, and I don’t have confidence that a large enough portion of the LotC player base is able to disconnect themselves reasonably enough from RP and OOC. So it comes down to weighing why OOC measures have been put in place and if the sacrifice they come with is worth it. I do wish to note that I keep in mind the assurances that the no tenant disconnection won’t be abused by the current player base, but that does not mean the future when a new player base has formed, won’t abuse the disconnection.

To argue on behalf of OOC protections (Tenants) this at least ensures some form of RP has happened to warrant a disconnection. 

Person A commits crime that goes against tenants while Person B was watching, thus causing Person A to go into hiding to avoid disconnection while Person B gathers fellow allies to hunt down Persona A for their crimes. As of right now it could literally be. Persona A looked at Person B funny, so Persona B rallies his allies to disconnect Person A.

One makes for more interesting RP but the other one simply doesn’t and why people wish for Tenants when it comes to magics that have disconnection, to prevent characters having their progression staggered brutally because of an RP that lacks substance to allow a character to develop from. Something like Disconnection can open up a variety of interesting RP possibilities as argued but that requires the reasoning behind Disconnection to be decent. 

 

Though if the LT feel that this type of disconnection is worth adding I do hope it is, at the very least, closely monitored.  But I think as a whole Disconnection needs a major revamp to prevent issues brought on by tenants and no tenants disconnection.
 

Again, I feel like your entire point is curbed by the fact that if it is abused for malicious and OOC purposes, that falls into the scope of rulebreaking and can be punished accordingly. Preventable by doing what you suggest, certainly, but in turn hampering roleplay and the opportunities for it. I would rather the potential be there, than to throw up an OOC bureaucratic wall to prevent roleplay from taking place organically. Though at the end of the day I suppose we can agree to disagree, I have a lot of faith in the community of Azdrazi and Heralds, both within the group I am apart of and outside of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bagley said:

Again, I feel like your entire point is curbed by the fact that if it is abused for malicious and OOC purposes, that falls into the scope of rulebreaking and can be punished accordingly. Preventable by doing what you suggest, certainly, but in turn hampering roleplay and the opportunities for it. I would rather the potential be there, than to throw up an OOC bureaucratic wall to prevent roleplay from taking place organically. Though at the end of the day I suppose we can agree to disagree, I have a lot of faith in the community of Azdrazi and Heralds, both within the group I am apart of and outside of it.

I feel like this would be the case if LotC didn’t have such a hard time dealing with bad actors who use IRP/OOC positions of power for malicious or OOC purposes, but it does, and I don’t think these people will be dealt with in a reasonable time before RP has been permanently hindered, and it is much easier to prevent these issues by stomping them in certain areas before they arise.

We’ll just have to see how it pans out if this type of disconnection goes through and actually make adjustments quickly so players aren’t having their groups stagnate due to how some lore pieces are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bagley said:

Just going to redirect you and Zacho to this same argument that was made on the addendum thread, and the counterpoints. Having OOC stipulations to protect people’s magic cheapens roleplay, and as Joel had stated on that post, there is literally no drawback beyond losing their magic. If roleplay leads to a certain point then there should not be out-of-character rules to protect a player from perceived unfairness. Azdrazi have since their creation been a diverse playergroup with people that all different sorts of communities within the server, and if there were not issues when there was an actual PK clause wherein a single person within the Azdrazi community had the power to PK another Azdrazi without any OOC guidelines, I don’t see why disconnection needs that kind of treatment which serves to do nothing beyond stand as a roadblock in genuine roleplay. If someone thinks they are being OOCly targeted or mistreated through the use of a disconnection, then that’s an issue of metagaming and should be treated as a rule-break, not something that should affect the lore.


having fun on block game >  ‘ooc stipulations to protect people’
not only do i not trust any community to have this sort of power, but before when the immaculate blade was in existence as the only means to get rid of azdrazi, the holder rather never used it or was inactive from my understanding. also ooc targetting is not only hard to pin down, but also can be excused very easily with a ‘my character doesn’t like his/hers’ and thats that. When it did have only one persons ability to pk, it was not only a reasonably trusted person, but never used as i said earlier. disconnection rp not fun rp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zacho said:


having fun on block game >  ‘ooc stipulations to protect people’
not only do i not trust any community to have this sort of power, but before when the immaculate blade was in existence as the only means to get rid of azdrazi, the holder rather never used it or was inactive from my understanding. also ooc targetting is not only hard to pin down, but also can be excused very easily with a ‘my character doesn’t like his/hers’ and thats that. When it did have only one persons ability to pk, it was not only a reasonably trusted person, but never used as i said earlier. disconnection rp not fun rp

It was used and the holder until Azdrazi as a whole went inactive was active and was the leader of the community as a whole. Again, the only real argument I see here is a fear of roleplay and roleplay consequence and I don’t think that should hamper any sort of disconnection when ultimately, the only thing lost is the ability to use a magic and putting into play a set of magical guidelines that if you break, you can get disconnected, makes literally no sense for Azdrazi or Heralds unlike with something like deity magic where they are drawing their power directly from a deific presence and have to adhere to certain tenets that align to that deity’s purpose. These are the same regurgitated arguments that were brought up on the other thread, and as I said they ultimately boil down to a fear of roleplay and a fear of rule breaking; the latter of which easily resolved if malintent is involved through staff channels. To quote @ScreamingDingo’s response to this same argument you are making from the last thread;

 

Quote

This lore is extremely lenient considering the sheer amount of bodies required to actually sever someone. Nothing /should/ stop a character, if you piss someone off and can’t fight back you lose. That’s just how it is. No more silly OOC measures to disconnect, don’t hide behind that crutch.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Bagley said:

It was used and the holder until Azdrazi as a whole went inactive was active and was the leader of the community as a whole. Again, the only real argument I see here is a fear of roleplay and roleplay consequence and I don’t think that should hamper any sort of disconnection when ultimately, the only thing lost is the ability to use a magic and putting into play a set of magical guidelines that if you break, you can get disconnected, makes literally no sense for Azdrazi or Heralds unlike with something like deity magic where they are drawing their power directly from a deific presence and have to adhere to certain tenets that align to that deity’s purpose. These are the same regurgitated arguments that were brought up on the other thread, and as I said they ultimately boil down to a fear of roleplay and a fear of rule breaking; the latter of which easily resolved if malintent is involved through staff channels. To quote @ScreamingDingo’s response to this same argument you are making from the last thread;

 

 

 

 

I’m voting No on this lore for the sole reason you tagged me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 very cool and well written additions that really tie into culture and deeper rp than just haha me make fire ug 😄

 

 

also stop crying about losing the magic ffs its so boring at this point this argument was had already

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very good rewrite! +1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...