A Map of The Arcasian Peninsula

Somersetting

A Map of The Sovereign Realms of The Arcasian Peninsula

Compiled and created primarily by Abram Stalistena, with the support of the Northern Geographic Society.

–   –   –  

The creation of a comprehensive map of the sovereign realms of Arcas has truly been a collaborative effort. This project never would have approached completion if it were not for the contributions and aid given by the various stewards, local cartographers, travellers, traders, and government officials from all the sovereign lands of our realm. The purpose of this work is to reflect the real authorities over lands throughout Arcas, along with those territorial claims laid by nations and states claiming sovereignty as equals. Though there may be inaccuracies in the initial release of this map, future versions will reflect both changes in the de-facto control of various lands, and increased accuracy of existing claims. The process for submitting such claims will be outlined below.

tiByafJ.jpg

Other versions are available below, for use in any kind of geographic and ethnographic study and use.

Spoiler

VmqtQ5O.png

HmJ8D3j.png

The process for requesting an amendment to this map is outlined below

Spoiler

For lands considered unclaimed, or ‘wildlands’, a simple note containing the borders of the territory, the name of its sovereign rulers, and its standard primary heraldic colour suffices to have a realm added to this map. Only realms that hold some degree of notability are reflected on this map, and hamlets in the Western Wildlands will not be included unless they grow significantly enough.

For amendments to existing borders between a nation and unclaimed lands, a public declaration of an expansion of a sovereign realm’s territorial claims suffices. This declaration should come from some kind of government or official from said realm.

For amendments to existing borders between sovereign entities, a joint treaty is required to be publicly acknowledged and published. This is messy, I get it. I mean, look at Korvassa, its a shitshow of unclear sovereignty. Al-Faiz, get your **** together, go to war over that 20 block wide peninsula, you cowards. It looks ugly on my map, come on it’ll be fun.

Credits and acknowledgements are contained below

Spoiler

The work of @King of Cartography, for providing the base map that is used in the primary version of the map

A Map of Arcas by @AmK, for the base map that was used to trace the coastline and river systems of Arcas

The Human Realms, 1724, also by AmK, for some information on the Empire

The Staff, whoever made this thing

Map of the Empire c. 1765 by @Esterlen for the modern borders of Oren, Haelun’or, and some parts of other neighbouring realms.

The Kingdom of Renelia, and @Luminaire for having the most publicly active foreign policy department and publishing an absurd number of non-agression pacts that helped me get the gist of a lot of nations’ borders.

The Northern Geographic Society, for supporting me in my work, reviewing what I found, and connecting me with people across the realm who aided further in the creation of this work.

The countless Nation Leaders, Stewards, and other leaders of their communities who lead me around the map, drew draft outlines of their borders, and generally made this possible at all.

Edited by Stalistena
Credit to @Luminaire and Renelia for their public treaties establishing national borders

“Alas, they have forgotten Vira’ker. They also haven’t marked any cities other than Imperial ones. Otherwise, the quality is rather good for an Imperial-produced map,” Keaton would remark, tracing the fine borders on the canvas.

Edited by KeatonUnbeaten

Mister Toadicus commends Mister Stalistena for his incredible work, painstakingly visiting the many nations over the past years to collect valuable information and sometimes even being met with extreme hostilities and violence! “Mister Stalistena, if parties from opposite allignments both complain about the map being biased, that means you succeeded in creating an independent map!

“There goes the Haenseti claim as Highland Realm.” An observant viewer chuckles as he looks over the well detailed map of Arcas.