Sign in to follow this  
Imperial_Office_of_Civil_Affairs

House of Commons Election, 16th Imperial Diet

NE6MY1nEWPunab0luCFeAPslDa45EKEUVzt9zL4nThy3cCOkxDWDC6e-co0RmrXRwD2Zl_DPTRlXt0Gcqtrgdq1fcl-jMEY2WyWeQWeutmMgmjDFFOEfIZJIdrnyr_tH8DlsXEwG

NATIONAL ELECTIONS FOR THE HOUSE OF COMMONS 

THE 16TH IMPERIAL DIET

7 TOBIAS’ BOUNTY

LET ALL BE AWARE that on this day, the 7th of Tobias’ Bounty on the year of Our Lord GOD 1769, the election for the House of Commons shall commence. All those eligible to vote in the Holy Orenian Empire are entitled to cast their ballot to the Ministry of Civil Affairs. All ineligible votes shall be invalidated.

THE BALLOT CAN BE FOUND HERE.

ISSUED AND PROCLAIMED, 

Signed, HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTY, Peter III, by the grace of GOD Holy Orenian Emperor, forever August, King of Renatus, Curon, Kaedrin, Salvus, and Seventis, Prince of Malinor, Grand Duke of Ves, Duke of Lorraine and Roden, Baron of Sedan, Vitzburg and Sedai, Protector of the Heartlanders, Highlanders, and Farfolk, etcetera.

Amadeus casts his vote for Everardine: the moderate traditionalist conservative faction, the faction for small business, for scrutinisation and open government, for patriotism and the ISA. A faction which has made the judiciary non-partisan, a faction which gives back to the people and the provinces with real money, a faction which expands the powers of the ISA, the HRA, and the Constabulary to levy fines. He votes for a faction which will aggressively fight for real change every step of the way. He votes for the many, not the few.

“Hey you, yes you, you in particular. You, the person who happens to be reading this. You’re probably here saying to yourself, ‘I have no idea who these guys are and who to vote for’. But don’t worry, I’ll help

VOTE EVERARDINE

Hope that helps.” A note attached to your local noticeboard would say.

Angelika Bykov proudly casts her vote for the Josephite Party! ”For the dignity of all!”

Tanith enters the polling place along with her friend, Juan de Ponce de Lyons. They talk quietly, with him walking her through the process of voting. Tanith listens intently, nodding, and takes the ballot in hand. She looks it over with quiet reverence before filling it out. 

“And they’ll count my vote?” she asks Juan. “Even though I’m a dark elf?”

“They’ll count it because you are a citizen of the Empire,” Juan reassures her.

Tanith can’t help but smile as she slides her vote for the Josephite party into the box.

Fyrratil of the thousand thumbs, dark-elf guttersnipe of ill repute and iller education, is ceremoniously hoisted into the voting building atop a wooden table, the Everardine stalwarts Amadeus d’Aryn and Conrad Barclay gripping either side of the table as they rhythmically bounce the piece of coffee-resting furniture to the unmistakable tune of heavy Imperial trumpeters. Each step a bounce to the staccato beat of the music, the elf is careful to keep his balance as his Everardine friends parade him into the polling-booth.

“And they’ll count my vote?” he asks the Everardine bruisers. “Even though I’m a dark elf?”

“That is how voting works, yes.” They reply in muted turn, each voice in tune with the next. It seems that men of such grand genius were tuned to the same frequency, marching – although now literally – to the same beat. Is there nothing that these men could not do? The elf mused, polling card in unreading hand, expecting such a piece of mystical technology of the valah to imbue itself with his psyche, whatever political essence stowed in the echoing corners of his skull, brow veins pulsing in angered concentration while awaiting for the box to fill itself in.

Relenting to his belief as being fantasy alone, the elf ticks the blue Everardine one and dunks it into the box with the practiced skill of a mali-ball power-forward.