[✓] [Magic Lore] - Transfiguration: Artisans of the Arcane

IsaaKc

cool and good 

Will roast this later.

My main issue with the magic are enchantments: Mages never seem to know how to resist the urge of profiting from them and therefore they become pretty easy to acquire at places like the Auction House. So in my humble opinion, not only there should be a cooldown for the creation of combative enchantments, but they should also be a cap of strength for them in order to don't unveil the mystery around voidal magics (T3). Some random individual should never be able to cast a T5 spell by just tapping a item, that goes against the logic of needing several irl months to properly understand a magic.

Tl;dr, but it looks faithful to the original just from my skimming. Also much more concise than Phil’s original piece. :J

EDIT: Reading closer, I do see some weird changes, but I don’t really care. :S

1 hour ago, Suxals said:

My main issue with the magic are enchantments: Mages never seem to know how to resist the urge of profiting from them and therefore they become pretty easy to acquire at places like the Auction House.

This is an issue that lies in the community. This has always been an issue and hypothetically, let’s say the auction house were to be removed, it wouldn't stop Enchanters from selling their 64th fire sword to make minae. In essence, bad mages will be bad mages.

1 hour ago, Suxals said:

So in my humble opinion, not only there should be a cooldown for the creation of combative enchantments, but they should also be a cap of strength for them in order to don't unveil the mystery around voidal magics (T3). Some random individual should never be able to cast a T5 spell by just tapping a item, that goes against the logic of needing several irl months to properly understand a magic.

Which is why I made T4-T5 enchantments require magegold implements along the item or to be made entirely in Arcanium. When magegold implements are struct, it will deactivate the enchantment, if the magegold is broken/fracture, the enchantment will be rendered permanently useless. This is what I did to balance it.

4 hours ago, Suxals said:

My main issue with the magic are enchantments: Mages never seem to know how to resist the urge of profiting from them and therefore they become pretty easy to acquire at places like the Auction House. So in my humble opinion, not only there should be a cooldown for the creation of combative enchantments, but they should also be a cap of strength for them in order to don't unveil the mystery around voidal magics (T3). Some random individual should never be able to cast a T5 spell by just tapping a item, that goes against the logic of needing several irl months to properly understand a magic.

bro thats the issue with anything that can get a story signature lol I could put my ST sig on a bread and it’d sell for 1k+

It’s about friggin’ time m9

I do not believe that T4 or T5 spells should be able to be added into enchantments at all tbh. I believe it’s all around unbalanced, especially given the fact that (atleast from what i’ve read, correct me if im wrong) it doesn’t actually take mana, or require one to stand still in order to use that enchantment in combat.

For example- if I just pre-plan and shoot my Conjuration Bear grenade into a mana gem, and then just fiddlef*ck around with it in my hand for 4 emotes I can shoot out an aggressive bear thats all of a sudden killing people. That doesn’t even count the other insane combos you could do with evocations, etc.

Either get rid of grand echanting, or make it to where grand-enchanting forces the participant to stand still while it’s charging up and casting, and uses the mana from their person.

Also- it’d be cool if you included a section about how Unsound Magic works with enchanting since Unsound is basically anti-voidal puffy cloud stuff and I can imagine a cool, funny feedback-loop sorta deal.. but that isn’trequiredandalsoimslightlybiased

______

All of that being said though, I do like the way that you’ve written this magic. Personally i’d make it 2 slot if you aren’t gunna make it like other Voidal Users have tried to do and make each section an extra slot given how much of an indepth magic it is. BUT- I love the way that you fixed Transmutation and overall clarified and uplifted Abjuration/Warding. Very impressive and I can imagine most loopholes with this iteration should be fixed.
+ 1

7 minutes ago, Tha_Mystery_Man said:

I do not believe that T4 or T5 spells should be able to be added into enchantments at all tbh. I believe it’s all around unbalanced, especially given the fact that (atleast from what i’ve read, correct me if im wrong) it doesn’t actually take mana, or require one to stand still in order to use that enchantment in combat.

For example- if I just pre-plan and shoot my Conjuration Bear grenade into a mana gem, and then just fiddlef*ck around with it in my hand for 4 emotes I can shoot out an aggressive bear thats all of a sudden killing people. That doesn’t even count the other insane combos you could do with evocations, etc.

Either get rid of grand echanting, or make it to where grand-enchanting forces the participant to stand still while it’s charging up and casting, and uses the mana from their person.

Also- it’d be cool if you included a section about how Unsound Magic works with enchanting since Unsound is basically anti-voidal puffy cloud stuff and I can imagine a cool, funny feedback-loop sorta deal.. but that isn’trequiredandalsoimslightlybiased

______

All of that being said though, I do like the way that you’ve written this magic. Personally i’d make it 2 slot if you aren’t gunna make it like other Voidal Users have tried to do and make each section an extra slot given how much of an indepth magic it is. BUT- I love the way that you fixed Transmutation and overall clarified and uplifted Abjuration/Warding. Very impressive and I can imagine most loopholes with this iteration should be fixed.
+ 1

I understand the concern with Grand Enchanting. If scroll up, you'll see I offered my reasoning on the subject in a reply to Suxals criticsm.

As for the magic taking up more than a slot, I feel pretty strongly about this. Transmutation in its own is not worth a slot, and neither is Warding/Abjuration considering its only got two basic spells. Enchanting and Warding/Abjuration require you to know magics in their own right, so in a sense, it is more than one slot. I said this in my Author's Note.

Thanks for the feedback, Mystery.