Ask Urara [+Characters] Anything

Urahra

1IPNlGj.png

so i’m urara

took a break for about 5+ years and now i’m BACK and BETTER THAN EVER babeeeeeyyy.

IC questions to my girlies will be answered IC.

to read more about my gaggle of thots, click here.

if you wish to question the character urara, please specify either urara [player] or urara [orc] please and thank.

shall we GET ON WITH THE SHOW????

AmA. 🙂

1 – why were u gone for 5 years

2 – why all the thots

3 – whos ur favourite thot

1. Are you interested in a purchasing fine Lyons Cartography map?
  2. Are you interested in a purchasing fine Lyons Cartography map?
  3. Are you interested in a purchasing fine Lyons Cartography map?
  4. Are you interested in a purchasing fine Lyons Cartography map?
  5. Are you interested in a purchasing fine Lyons Cartography map?
  6. Are you interested in a purchasing fine Lyons Cartography map?

55 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

1 – why were u gone for 5 years

2 – why all the thots

3 – whos ur favourite thot

1. combination of things. I quit because of burnout and also there was some OOC stuff going on, you know, the usual reasons. I was gone for five years because of life stuff and also I was roleplaying around on other servers as the descendants of Lorina, my last char on LOTC. Ask me about my super secret line of Carrion descendants. Incredibly hidden lore never published on LOTC!!!!

2. because they are thots?????

3. Lorina for very personal reasons. She had a secret lover who was played by my now-OOC husband. We met and started dating because our characters fell in love here on the server. That’s just the kind of magic that only happens once. But all six are very special to me in their own ways. If I had to rank them, it’d be Lorina, Lorin, Tanith, Urara, Brunhylde, Rosalie. I guess Urara and Brun had the greatest long term impact because Urara was among the orcs who introduced the blah and Brunhylde founded the Frost Witches, though.

27 minutes ago, King of Cartography said:
  1. Are you interested in a purchasing fine Lyons Cartography map?
  2. Are you interested in a purchasing fine Lyons Cartography map?
  3. Are you interested in a purchasing fine Lyons Cartography map?
  4. Are you interested in a purchasing fine Lyons Cartography map?
  5. Are you interested in a purchasing fine Lyons Cartography map?
  6. Are you interested in a purchasing fine Lyons Cartography map?

1. yes
  2. yes
  3. yesyes 
  4. yesyesyesyes
  5. YES
  6. GOD YES MAP ME DADDY

3 minutes ago, King of Cartography said:

good answers you may have a 50 minas discount on your next purchase

this is the greatest day of my life I can’t stop crying thank you 

Yes I have a few serious questions, I heard you were the original lore writer for frost witches, and if that’s the case I was always curious what you thought of the different leaders that swapped out in its long history(loved meguzara) and where it ended up, especially how you felt about the controversy that surrounded it, specifically with them ******* or having romantic relationships with men.

I in addition had heard you started that trend, which, that’s then and there so I’m not gonna call you out for that since that was like 7-8 years ago, but if that was the case, why did you do it? @Urara

47 minutes ago, Abyssus said:

Yes I have a few serious questions, I heard you were the original lore writer for frost witches, and if that’s the case I was always curious what you thought of the different leaders that swapped out in its long history(loved meguzara) and where it ended up, especially how you felt about the controversy that surrounded it, specifically with them ******* or having romantic relationships with men.

I in addition had heard you started that trend, which, that’s then and there so I’m not gonna call you out for that since that was like 7-8 years ago, but if that was the case, why did you do it? @Urara

OH BOY THAT'S A COMPLICATED ONE LOL

warning for discussions of s e x

yeahhhhhh so... all of this stuff happened seven or eight years ago, so forgive me if my memory is perhaps a bit spotty.

Initially, I conceived of the Frost Witches as a girls-only thing, yes. I was RPing in Oren at the time and it was very much a boy's club. Female characters were extremely limited in what they were able to do and what they were able to achieve. So, in a semi-act of protest, I designed some lore that would be completely centered around femininity, female characters, woman's struggles, and women's pain. 

Feminity and female pain is a recurring fascination of mine in storytelling. For example, my current character is infertile and struggles with her frustrated desires for motherhood and family.

But I digress.

Initially, I did not want the witches to be able to pursue romantic relationships with men. Their biology would not permit penetrative sex since they were too cold. 

However, we ran into the problem of witches getting into romances with men almost immediately. I wasn't the one who started it necessarily. Many of my witches got involved with men and began seeking methods to "get around" the curse to allow them to have penetrative sex. I saw magic rings that warmed the body up. Spells being developed to prevent frostbite.

Basically everyone really wanted some frost witch sex. And like I said, my frost witches were indeed participating in this kind of RP. They wanted to have relationships with men.

So...

I guess I was like "well, okay then. if that's how it's gonna be."

I don't want to tell people how they can and can't RP. If their RP leads them into wanting to have relationships with men, ok. it wasn’t in my original vision, but... like I said, I’m not going to tell someone to change their RP because it make ME PERSONALLY unhappy

And as it turned out, yeah. My frost witch had a human lover too. It's just what worked out for the character. And it lead to some really interesting RP because he was a cleric and his relationship with her got him in deep trouble with his order. Because uh... my witch never stopped being a man-eating psychopath lmao. And she fully planned to eventually kill and consume her lover at some point when she got bored of him. she died before she got to that point, but it was 100% something I planned to do 

I don't really know what happened to the frost witches after I left them. I played a Frost Witch very briefly in Vailor but she didn't last long because I quit soon after I started the character. But Sif, my second frost witch character, was roleplayed as fully asexual and unable to have romantic/sexual feelings for anyone. I somewhat regretted that Brunhylde had a relationship with a human man, even though I will say it did lead to some interesting controversy and rp.

as for the state of the frosties now, I can't comment since I haven't been a frostie in god knows how long. I was told by someone I met on another server - rosediode, who was a frostie long after I quit - that they've more or less gone extinct and the lore is defunct.

But I want to state plainly that frost witches were never intended to be fetishized or sexualized. In fact, it was the opposite. they were supposed to be unable to have sex with human men. I saw a possibility for frost witches to have lesbian relationships with each other if they wanted, but I thought that was acceptable and fit into the theme of wounded women seeking solace with each other by becoming witches.

But people tell me they've been highly sexualized and just used for kinky RP. I'm sad to hear they've kind of been reduced to like... a sexy kinky fetish.

That was never the intent. Period. I have always hated oversexed RP and I find it deeply inappropriate on a server that has minors on it. 

so yeah I guess that’s my feelings.

in the end, if people wanna do sexy frost witch rp, that’s there perogative and i’m not gonna boss people around and tell them to stop if they’re having fun

but i will say the original intent of the lore was to avoid sexualization and instead focus on women’s friendships, women’s pain, and women’s suffering and oppression because I felt those subjects were – and are – underrepresented on the server

wow you can really tell I minored in gender studies, HUH

On 5/28/2020 at 8:45 PM, Urara said:

But Sif, my second frost witch character, was roleplayed as fully asexual and unable to have romantic/sexual feelings for anyone.

Ironically another old player who was a frostie mother took on your characters name and feelings, they became a platonic lover with my gravelord and wraith, which was okay since they were both gods in their own right, I think they took after you because they were to this day one of the best roleplayers I ever roleplayed with and one of the only people I can say roleplayed romance correctly.

Thanks for answering the questions, I knew it was a bit complicated but figured it played out as you described, simply being unable to stop the community at large from doing it.

On 5/28/2020 at 9:57 PM, Abyssus said:

Ironically another old player who was a frostie mother took on your characters name and feelings, angelscrosshairs, they became a platonic lover with my gravelord and wraith, which was okay since they were both gods in their own right, I think they took after you because they were to this day one of the best roleplayers I ever roleplayed with and one of the only people I can say roleplayed romance correctly.

Thanks for answering the questions, I knew it was a bit complicated but figured it played out as you described, simply being unable to stop the community at large from doing it.

My experience as a woman who mostly plays female-identifying characters is this:

it is almost impossible to avoid romance RP as a female character.

Female characters are propositioned almost constantly. As my character Lorina, I was fielding off romantic advances almost on the daily. It’s a little hard to re-read some of her old journal entries (she wrote a diary) because of the degree of sexual harassment she was facing. Literally every other entry is her having to deal with some pervy dude trying to get in her pants.

And that’s been my experience playing other female characters too. I played a female POPE once and even she had four or five admirers. As a note, she was completely bald, missing an eye, and covered in 3rd degree burn scars.

Yet even she was catching thirst from guys. 

You literally cannot make a female character ugly enough, scary enough, or mean enough to avoid thirst.

And this is coming from someone who genuinely really loves good romantic roleplay. I LOVE the kissing RP. I am a heterosexual woman and I like hot guys just as much as the next girl. Some of my all time favorite roleplay EVER has been romantic/relationship roleplay.

But it does become exhausting to deal with the constant onslaught of thirst. You get worn down. I don’t want random guys flirting with me... I want to RP romances with specific people and friends whom I like and respect.

I designed the witches to specifically combat the thirst, because like... you better not flirt with some random girl or she might literally eat your whole face off. But it didn’t work. It backfired rather spectacularly.

Since rejoining, though, my experience has actually improved a lot. No one’s been thirsting after my current character Tanith which is a relief. I guess it’s because I characterize her as an old lady lol. Who knows.

5 minutes ago, Abyssus said:

You offer a refreshing perspective, especially as an older player, thank you.

glad to give input. 🙂

don’t be put off by my meme lord tendencies lol. 

i do consider myself a hopefully reasonably intelligent person

Weird how many LotC bOoMeRs are making a return. Quarantine vibes, I suppose.

You've been gone for as long as I've been on LotC, that being 5+ years. How have things changed, in your perspective?

How are you?

9 hours ago, Archipelego said:

Weird how many LotC bOoMeRs are making a return. Quarantine vibes, I suppose.

You've been gone for as long as I've been on LotC, that being 5+ years. How have things changed, in your perspective?

How are you?

ho-lee ****, what HASN’T changed 

I mean, the fundamentals are still the same. Still got humans, elves, orcs, dwarves, etc. And some of the lore is still the same. My character Tanith got her MA for Water Evocation back in 2012. I was like “oh hecc I bet the magic lore is totally different now, I gotta brush up so I can RP properly.” Nah it’s actually still much the same lol. Makes it easier on me.

and a lot of my old buddies are still around as you mentioned. Dibbo9 is a buddy from way back when. JakobiWitness, CartographyKing, Hanrahan, Chumpchump, firespirit44 still tons of old people from back in the day. It’s been really nostalgic revisiting old friendships with people. Getting some closure and stuff. I admit when I quit back in 2015, I cut pretty much everyone off. I didn’t want anyone trying to convince me to rejoin at the time so I shut down my skype account and just quit cold turkey.

So re-establishing those old friendships has been wonderful.

And I was one of the orcs who introduced the Blah to Aegis. Blah hasn’t changed a bit! My Blah is still perfect. 🙂 

the funny thing about the Blah is that me, my boyfriend at the time Gragarn, and our buddy Blawharag never made a post about it. It was never “approved” by anyone. We just rolled up into Krugmar speaking the Blah. And everyone else liked it so much it just became standard. Before us, orcs spoke perfectly normal English. Just goes to show that you don’t necessarily need to go through a whole lore approval process to make an impact on the server.

but geez Oren has changed so much it’s unrecognizable 

women in positions of power??? Wearing pants??? Non humans in political offices?? Political PARTIES???? Powdered wigs??????? 

WHERE ARE ALL THE CRUCIFIXES

WHERE’S THE ELF RACISM

WHERE IS MY AUTOCRATIC DICTATORSHIP 

I NEED TO BE VIOLENTLY OPPRESSED EMPEROR DADDY

WHOSE BOOTS DO I LICK NOW?????

Lol nah I actually love Oren now. The political parties are so fun and bring so much RP! And you can actually achieve stuff as a female character now which is fabulous.

As for me, I’m doing gr8! Life’s good and having fun on the server.