[Roleplay Experience] Overthrowing a Government

McDanky

NOTE: Not trying to be “edgy” in this post. I honestly want to improve the quality of roleplay in a town. This is me reaching out to the community. I want to know if any town is lacking good roleplay, and or is in need of something exciting. Such as a revolution.

While performing as an actor on LoTC, I played a character who helped overthrow the government. This brought me to my realization, “When is the next big coup?” To which I had no answer.. until now!

The Plan:

•  Create a new persona, sole purpose won’t be to topple the government!
    •  Join a royal guard, be trained irp on how to fight
    •  Live in a city irp for 12+ years (3 months ooc), gather a sense of the roleplay in the town
    •  Have ideas of possibly overthrowing anything that seems unfair
    •  Gather members with the same ideas
    •  Create a big rp event
    •  Try and overthrow a government

Now you might be thinking, “How do you plan on choosing the city?” or, “Why would a city willingly let this happen ooc?” First answer is I will link a poll so people who view this can vote on which city they’d like to participate. Next, I will ooc contact the region owners of said city and try to pitch them this idea. The first choice may not want to do this event, which is fine. We will just move on to the second choice, then the third, and so on. I also won’t be gathering a bunch of outsiders to overthrow a government, I will also try convincing the people to revoult, therefore increasing our chances of success. ALSO, I will lead if it comes to that in roleplay, I will also gladly let other people help lead this. I’m not trying to be the rebellious leader who liberates a city I just want to help get the ball rolling for a revolution, leading it or not.

IMPORTANT:

If you are interested in participating in such a coup, let me know via discord. McDanky#8651

If you are a region owner of a city and would like this event to occur, message me as well and we can discuss how both parties want this to happen.

If you are a ST or someone who can help run said event, message me as well.

Only vote if you are interested in participating, or if you have a serious grudge against a city:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZYC5ZTV

NOTE: The character to lead the revolution has yet to be created. One I get all the data I need I will create a new persona that will get the ball rolling. Just cause I’m starting fresh doesn’t mean the people involved have to. Feel free to use pre-existing characters to help. I will let everyone who is interested know all the details and will keep them updated on the situation.

Feel free to message me if you have any idea! Please don’t metagame anything!

~Long Live the King

Skull wearing crown.png

I don’t claim responsibility for this

Spoiler

Very few leaders would allow this, sadly leadership is very OOCly rooted in lotc.

Just now, rukio said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Very few leaders would allow this, sadly leadership is very OOCly rooted in lotc.

lol

Overthrowing a government is not hard, make it thrive afterwards is the real challenge.

Creating an application and making a bunch of characters for the ooc purpose to topple a nation seems a bit too meta for my liking

36 minutes ago, rukio said:
  Hide contents

Totally get this, but shouldn’t stop anyone from trying 😄

1 minute ago, TheAlphaMoist said:

Creating an application and making a bunch of characters for the ooc purpose to topple a nation seems a bit too meta for my liking

Honestly, just want to get an idea of what city people want to liberate and why. I do want a new character that has qualities I haven’t explored fully in roleplay. Such as anger issues, rebellious tendencies, and someone who is a guard. Toppling a government won’t be their sole purpose and I don’t intend on it being that. I want it to flow naturally.

even if its agreed, it wont go smoothly due to how much OOC hate and hostility this can create between players. This happened on all the occasions that orc playerbase forced a clan wars to “stir up activity”. It doesnt works and only makes things worse while it sounds nice on paper.

5 minutes ago, Man of Respect said:

even if its agreed, it wont go smoothly due to how much OOC hate and hostility this can create between players. This happened on all the occasions that orc playerbase forced a clan wars to “stir up activity”. It doesnt works and only makes things worse while it sounds nice on paper.

I’m hoping this can be different! I understand there’s a 9/10 chance this character gets beheaded for treason but it’s still worth a shot. This is an opportunity for people to help indirectly by giving advice and tips. 

You should gather this information in roleplay, and conduct this all in RP. this would make for a decent event

come to vira’ker and try lad. Could care less about losing the capital to good roleplay.

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved. If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.