[PK] A Veterans End

Coolcod77

“Krusae Zwy Kongzem.”

The day was like any other and as usual Robin leant against the railing surrounding the courtyard of the Haeseni Palace, he had just finished a meeting with his Majesty Sigismund II, Ser Ivan Ruthern and Johann Peter. The day did not feel any different to Robin, as of recently each day seemed to meld into one endless routine with his main responsibility being the protection of the King. Though, this loop would break suddenly and unexpectedly by sound of screaming which echoed from the prison below his very feet. When Robin entered the prison he was met by an armed group of what seemed to be Volik clansmen, Robin drew his sword and shield as he heard the screams of Haensemen already being attacked by the Scyflings within the prison. After several hard fought minutes he was forced to retreat, the shield wall tactic the Sycflings were using proved too strong to break, even with seasoned warriors alongside him. 

Outside of the prison he fell to his knees due to the smoke present in the now smoke filled prison, despite the effect this had on him he decided to rejoin the group that prepared to retake the prison. After a short conversation with the Lord Marshal Erwin Barclay the group decided to yield the inner courtyard after the Scyflings threatened to execute one of the three Haensemen they took hostage during their first encounter. After around an hour the Scyflings split their forces, with many heading into the great hall in search of the King and the rest protecting the hostages in the prison. Robin would then emerge from one of the rooms in the gatehouse with a small group of HRA soldiers to rally with the Lord Marshal and his Majesty.

After minutes of discussion, they decided that another assault upon the Scyflings within the prison with the intent of releasing the hostages would be their next move. Robin was ordered to lead the charge by his Majesty and so he did. It was within this attack, deep under the courtyard he would meet his fateful end, fighting alongside men of the HRA. Some of which he had known for years and others he’d never met, but it did not matter as all who fought for Haense were his brothers in arms.

R.I.P

Ser Robin “The Persistent” Kartyr

1729 – 1770

ForCoolcod.thumb.png.fb2d2c76fda62921529a8d60b7b591b6.png

(OOC: Yo, just whipped this up really quickly before I go to sleep so hold off any judgement on the quality of the piece pls.)

Ludovar Bannermen salute the fallen soldier!

As young Alfred Barclay and Boris Var Ruthern emerged from the underground cells, Ser Robin's time slowly passed. Drop by drop, the blood flowed like time, fast and dangerous. They came to the hospital, put Ser Robin on the bed, but it turned out that it was too late ... “W-We could nicht do anything...wh-why did we nicht do something f-faster..” Alfred's eyes filled with tears, he cursed every wasted moment he could use to save Ser Robin, but, sadness and sorrow simply deceived him. He whispered a prayer, signed a lorraine to a fallen knight, also a man unknown to him, and with sadness in his heart, left him to go to the Seven Skies...

Seeing the tense struggle in the palace area, Björnolf knew that one of the soldiers would come to an end. He watched the fight calmly and calmly, knowing there was nothing he could do. And, suddenly from heaven, the first case of death occurs. Ser Robin died. Björnolf's eyes widened, he couldn't believe who died in the end, because it was his very good friend, brother and fellow soldier and knight. Still, seeing that they could not save him in the hospital, he greeted the fallen knight with open arms, with a smile on his face and warm words of welcome. “Robin, my dear brother, join me and cheer with me.” Björnolf said with a warm smile, embracing Ser Robin, telling him “A big loss for Haense that they have lost a great man and a knight, but do niet worry, there are still people who will revenge you, me, Karolina and other fallen soldiers..” In that very moment, Björnolf remembered every moment spent with Ser Robin, when Björn was still an initiate in the army and the moment when he saw a footman Robin, the fighting alongside brave Robin and, of course the jokes and funny moments they made and went through a while,while ago..

Edited by repl1ca

Ser Ivan would hear the news of Ser Robin’s death shortly after he woke up in the clinic. Ser Ivan would remember the collapsing Knight Paramount before him. Ser Ivan lay in his bed in silence as the nurse walked away. He would be in great thought of how he had yet again failed to protect another brother in arms. Although it wasn’t his job, he had a feeling that he could have done more to protect everybody. He truly felt shame and guilt even when it wasn’t at fault. Although he wasn’t close with Ser Robin, he still felt the pain and sadness as he could have done more to protect his brother in arms...

*As Marcus would walk the streets of Reza, still in recovery from a previous battle he’d hear the news on the streets, dropping to the floor of his blacksmith he’d clutch his head as he’d shed a tear* ”R-r......Robin....No.... why!!” *His age had made him much more emotional then his younger counterpart, partnered with the death of Bjorn just months before he would be devastated* Fri...firends.... I-I shall join you in time... in the skies....rest well, Ser Robin...” *He’d sniffle as he’d rummage through his memories

From the days Robin was a soldier under his command to when he became Knight Paramount, Marcus forever and always will and had respected Robin, a reminder of younger days*

Helene offers a quiet prayer for the Haenseman’s soul, as well as the other Haensemen and women who had fallen thus far. ”They believe us to be at war, but in the end we are all still Canonists at heart. May GOD welcome them into the seven skies with open arms.”