[✗] [Magical Hub] The Shades of Arun'Asna

AlphaMoist

T H E  S H A D E S  OF  A R U N ’ A S N A

kfXZ0zb0zcjIFFnWKEL8zKsX5tV4Y-ykU9mj1wtJALn4vHzdMl6NwLdczh5kmyP9vganCQtV_vJb4xKccYN6dPw54KhYGvvvH3Bpt21N-LgXc2q-m6b9ggTWkhgR0xbxxmfnWHI3

Origin

In the lands of Aegis, a man by the name of Rilith Ilwindor served as a faithful lieutenant amongst the great Iblees’ vast armies. Before the Archdaemon’s fall, the Great Betrayer bestowed upon Rilith a curse that would render his soul unrecognizable. Rilith became the first Shade, and thereafter began planting the Mortal Realm with seeds of anarchy and destruction as he spread his maleficent Parasites onto any desperate fool he came across, whether they be willing or not.

Magic Explanation

Shade magic operates as the manipulation of corrupted mana known as Amber, of which a Shade’s Shade Parasite creates after it latches onto its host’s soul. These Parasites exist through the power of Arun’Asna, a Patron of Iblees. Shades begin their magic at T0, where they will increase through Tiers based on time passed since being granted the magic. Beings who are not compatible with Shade Magic may still be inflicted with the Parasite and progress through tiers if they meet certain conditions. Creatures and Mages compatible for Lesser Shadedom will be outlined below. Once surpassing T5, a Shade may apply for a TA once learning how to split their Parasite, which will raise them to the rank of Shade Father or Shadow Mother, depending on gender. For simplicity sake, “Shade Father” refers to both titles within these lore pieces. Once achieving the rank of Shade Father, they then become qualified for one of two endgames: The Exalted and The Eclipsed (formerly known as Resin.) 

Shade takes up 4 Magic Slots. Endgames take up 5 Magic Slots. Shade Magic follows Chaotic Disconnection rules aside from Shade Fathers and Endgames.

Arun’Asna

Link

The Properties of Amber

Link

The Parasite of Rancour

Link

Shade Gems

Link

The Boons and Banes of Shadedom

[pending revisions and additions]

The Covens of Arun’Asna

Link

Endgames

Link

Guide

Pending Rewrite

Magics / CAs Incompatible with Shade Magic Entirely

Spoiler

Paladinism

Azdrazi

Druidism

Unsound Magic

Any Magic or CA that creates the lack of a greater soul and does not provide soul essence. 2

(Changes and additions to this list can be made, just contact me)

Magics / CAs Compatible with Lesser Shadedom

Spoiler

Strigae

Machine Spirits

Magics that take more than 1 slot

Any Magic that creates the lack of a greater soul, but still provides soul essence.

Children between the ages of 8 and 15. (Cannot surpass T2 until reaching the age of 16)

(Changes and additions to this list can be made, just contact me)

Curing Shade

Spoiler

Paladinism

Tiers 0, 1, 2, 3: No consent needed.

Tier 4, 5: OOC Consent needed, other wise the Shade is sent to T1 for 2 weeks.

Shamanism

During Spirit Walks, a Shade may be purged by an appropriate spirit without consent, no matter what. Spirits can do literally whatever they want in their realms. There’s just no going around it without making some sort of appropriate bargain. 

{Please contact me if you wish to add some sort of disconnection ritual within your Magic. The Shade Community is not against such mechanics being added to other lore pieces, we just ask that it’s fun, exciting, and engaging for us as well.)

P U R P O S E  &  C I T A T I O N S

The purpose of this Magic Hub is self explanatory: Shade Magic has always been a very large lore piece, which makes reading it a hassle, especially when you eagerly need to look up a specific subject, and its length has always made its reviewal something the Lore Sect of the Story Team (henceforth referred to simply as the Lore Team) absolutely dreads. However, simply shortening everything does not, in my opinion, do the magic justice. Shade is a magic that has a deep history in LOTC, despite its past hurdles. With these clarifications, additions, and fixes in mind, it’s my objective to clear up any confusion revolving this magic, and put an end to some open ended questions people have had about it. Hopefully the division of these sections can make things easier for every reader, Lore Team or not.

CREDIT

Writer: TheAlphaMoist

Primary Consultation: Lackless

Additional Consultation: DragonofTaters, DumbBlondeElf, Frott, Gavin, Riftblade, Sam, ScreamingDingo :^), Squakhawk, Starfelt, Sykogenic, Zarsies, Lore Management, and most of all, the Shade Community.

Art: Chris Cold (excluding the Shade Gem)

im gonna throw SHADE haha xd

cute tho bro

Shade.

Spicy dicey lemon splicey 

Changelog:

Removed the details of Lesser Shadedom, moving the specifics to Parasite Creation changes in the fixes doc (to be posted) to reduce unneeded clutter

Added updated paladin purging and shamanistic purging

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.