Moderation Update: May

Braxis

Moderation Update Log

May  2020

BJLAa8br7qt8jfdjsbqGfJz61pSYa7FNgbqKWGIa

<Introduction>

Not a late Update post this time around! There have been several changes to Moderation and the community as we have seen a lot of the Covid-19 stuff lessen, with some countries and communities outside of LOTC returning to school, work, etc. The team hope those going out once more stay safe and keep social distancing in mind while out in public. But now, let's get into some Moderation information for you guys and gals.

<New Changes>

Moderation has undergone a lot of changes with Managers, tracking their activity, how we handle inner moderation policy, the Manager picks, etc. The community at large will not see these changes as much as the Moderation Team itself will. These changes have been made to help prevent what occurred in early May, when there was only 1 Manager around and in some fields they got blindsided. The Rule Rewrite Project is still pending  as we wait for the final draft of the conflict rules to hit review. We are also still awaiting older pieces to be reviewed, as well. Although the team has been delayed enough and we are spreading our members onto a few other projects starting this month. Such as Coup Rules, The War Patch attempt #2, and the first version of the new Heist system, with hopefully petty theft rules to follow it sometime in the future.

<Current Projects>

Rule Rewrite - The Majority of the Rule Rewrite is still in the final review phase, currently awaiting final feedback from certain individuals before it is kicked back to the team to rework, or before it can be passed. We do hope to have a proper update for everyone soon. Several sections still need approval or some sort of feedback. Due to the stagnation on this approval, a portion of the team working on this project is being moved onto other projects to help lessen any of the slowdowns the team have run into.

War Patch - The War Patch revamp is starting this month, as the delays in the Rule Approvals have slowed the team down. With the new Moderation Manager setup, various team members will be taken off the Rule Rewrite Project to start this one.

Coups- Coups rules for active regions are currently in the works. The Administration and Moderation team are currently undertaking this process, an update to the rule should be out by the next update, unless we run into complications.

Heists Heists have been delayed due to LWC glitches. The Tech Team is aware and we are currently awaiting a patch to come from the LWC Support. Once it is obtained and implemented onto the server, the Heist posts will be out and 24hr heads up to Nation Leaders will be given before the applications go live.

Moderation Application - The Moderation Team will be completely revamping the application process and making a post on the new procedures that will be going along with it, sometime this month. We are taking in one more round of, mostly, GMT candidates before we go and purge any applications that did not make the cut this time. Once the new application format is out, all players applying or reapplying to the team will have to fill it out. 

<Current Team Roster >

e2lZQx6.png

<Monthly Statistics>

Moderation Staff received a total of 1808 Tickets in May

VFaZr2w.png

1st Place: ImCookiie

2nd Place: Markosi

3rd Place: Frill

*Those in red are either Admins who’ve helped out at odd hours, or management who have projects instead of quotas.

<Roster changes>

+ Mcdaedra has dual rolled into the Blue Tag

+ Arkantos1279 has joined Moderation

+ Crevel has joined Moderation 
– – – – = – + – = – – – – 

+ImCookiie has joined Moderation Management

+TheIchorDruid has stepped into the Moderation Trainer Role

-ImChiicken has stepped from Management to Moderation Trainer

18 minutes ago, argonian said:

tylos xiv barclay won the siege of reza btw 

Was he proudly representing the Snowyfield Guard?

1 minute ago, Braxis said:

Was he proudly representing the Snowyfield Guard?

Yes. Transfer PRO to Zerragon immediately. 

WOOOOOOO CREVEL WOOOOO

Why was frill demoted even though he had 3rd most modreqs? #freefrill

6 minutes ago, kipps said:

Why was frill demoted even though he had 3rd most modreqs? #freefrill

Who told you he is demoted? He has is pex still just not ingame due to some misbehavior and actions he took and already admitted to in LOTC main discord. He will be getting it back once we talk with him after the suspension time is over. Less something arises.

Great changes and assigning of roles. Congratulations @Crevel you deserve Moderation more than anyone.

On Frill, he’s a good guy and speaking your mind can sometimes lead to complications (even if it is facts you spit), however I wish the best to all of Moderation as they find a conclusion to that. #FreeFrill

Thanks for keeping up the hard work and striving to make LoTC a safer, more fair environment to play in.

+1

woo

.... war patch is STARTING this month ?

8 minutes ago, Xarkly said:

.... war patch is STARTING this month ?

As the main body of the post suggests, the second version is being started since the first was shot down and not much feedback was given besides CBs / Conquest bad. Recently we had a meeting to help shape some of the more big questions regarding the end of wars, consquences etc. But those are larger topics the team will be tackling after we HOPEFULLY get this patch out to allow more stream lined ways to start wars for both Players and Staff as well as set up some basic default rules just in case if both sides can’t come to agreement on any certain rules, to be a middle ground sort of route.

The patches goal is to smooth the system out somewhat for this map, while the entire rewrite is more aimed to benefit 8.0 and the new systems coming with it.

29 minutes ago, Zacho said:

woo

woo

7 minutes ago, Braxis said:

As the main body of the post suggests, the second version is being started since the first was shot down and not much feedback was given besides CBs / Conquest bad. Recently we had a meeting to help shape some of the more big questions regarding the end of wars, consquences etc. But those are larger topics the team will be tackling after we HOPEFULLY get this patch out to allow more stream lined ways to start wars for both Players and Staff as well as set up some basic default rules just in case if both sides can’t come to agreement on any certain rules, to be a middle ground sort of route.

The patches goal is to smooth the system out somewhat for this map, while the entire rewrite is more aimed to benefit 8.0 and the new systems coming with it.

woo

For what it’s worth, I think you’re taking the complete wrong approach.

To be perfectly frank, you don’t have the wiggle room to be spending another month working on one of the server’s most crucial forms of conflict resolution. We have known conquest has been bad for years, now. This isn’t news, and it should absolutely have not taken two + months to come to this conclusion.

This server needs war rules to facilitate natural and logical conflict resolution on a large scale, and while you and your team have assumed the duty of providing that, I’ve got no choice but to truthfully point out you guys are failing in this duty - really, really badly. I understand war rules are one of the most complicated and difficult facets of server moderation – I did a stint with war management a few years back – but I can’t really have any sympathy given that there is NO form of wars, and it looks like bureaucracy and foregone conclusions are holding that back – a lack of feedback is by no means a reason to plunge us into yet another uncertain and stale period. You do NOT need feedback to tell you what wars must do, in facilitaring conflict resolution, not do you need feedback to remind you yet again that nobody wants conquest as the WC norm.

The reality is you don’t have the room to spend time hashing out this perfect set of war rules. We need wars, and you need to provide a system to facilitate that as soon as possible. A provisional list of CBs, non-conquest consequences will do the trick for now as a barebones system that will give you the room to flesh out once there is actually a method of warring.

Because right now, the absence of wars and the Mods continued negligence to give us a working system is unhealthy for the server.

Hope you can appreciate I’m not trying to be mean or personal here, but I really think it’s time for a wake up call on wars.

Would it be possible to release the Heist rules so people at least know what we have to work with so that if there are any Heists being planned things can be modified to adhere to the new rules? Then once the LWC issue has been solved allow people to post the applications? Otherwise great work and keep it up 🙂

28 minutes ago, Xarkly said:

For what it’s worth, I think you’re taking the complete wrong approach.

To be perfectly frank, you don’t have the wiggle room to be spending another month working on one of the server’s most crucial forms of conflict resolution. We have known conquest has been bad for years, now. This isn’t news, and it should absolutely have not taken two + months to come to this conclusion.

This server needs war rules to facilitate natural and logical conflict resolution on a large scale, and while you and your team have assumed the duty of providing that, I’ve got no choice but to truthfully point out you guys are failing in this duty - really, really badly. I understand war rules are one of the most complicated and difficult facets of server moderation – I did a stint with war management a few years back – but I can’t really have any sympathy given that there is NO form of wars, and it looks like bureaucracy and foregone conclusions are holding that back – a lack of feedback is by no means a reason to plunge us into yet another uncertain and stale period. You do NOT need feedback to tell you what wars must do, in facilitaring conflict resolution, not do you need feedback to remind you yet again that nobody wants conquest as the WC norm.

The reality is you don’t have the room to spend time hashing out this perfect set of war rules. We need wars, and you need to provide a system to facilitate that as soon as possible. A provisional list of CBs, non-conquest consequences will do the trick for now as a barebones system that will give you the room to flesh out once there is actually a method of warring.

Because right now, the absence of wars and the Mods continued negligence to give us a working system is unhealthy for the server.

Hope you can appreciate I’m not trying to be mean or personal here, but I really think it’s time for a wake up call on wars.

Sadly this is not the only project the team had ongoing before I took over or had to deal with and is one of the many. I could list them here from external ones and from what last month was focused on, internal ones that we had to face and put corrections in place. If things had gone to plan the War Patch would have been out to get wars on this map better settled and combat many of the issues we gathered from our Feedback post in Feburary. For when the plan was and currently still is, to experiment with new rules, old rules, etc to see what works and what doesn’t so we can gather as much information as possible regarding what systems we can roll with to make a war system for 8.0 that will hopefully last while at the same time setting standards to smooth things out for this map. 

As for there has been no Wars, we just wrapped up the Dwarf and Orc war, which as when it was a bit shaky at the start since there is no clearly defined rules to start nor guidelines to follow is bound to happen with most. Although once it did get started we had World Team assist us in building a Warzone on the server which both sides enjoyed greatly and the war came to an end through RP means. War is still possible its just a hassle, one we had hoped to correct by now but again since the War Patch was shot down and not much was given to fix it, the already demoralized War Team has been either burnt out or picking at ideas to get around the final review which has halted this entire process. There are many on the team who think it will just repeat what happened with my iteration of the team’s War Fixes, Silvers, Kaelan/Sykos’ from last year etc, where it will get gunned down and offer no stance for middle ground. Which ontop of the now two month delay on the General Rules, has those on the team who work on this, on the edge of being burnt for good.

You may claim there is a lack of wars, but from the three Different conflicts/Wars I have watched or helped with since December prove otherwise. Although all of them small, or came to conclusions for RP reasons. You may also claim its Mod negligence but Moderation has been screaming for direction and we really can’t do much until we get guidelines or something to work with so we don’t repeat what happened a while ago and things are shot down by the final review, when weeks to months worth of feedback gathering, researching, and writing was put into it all.  By feedback I meant from the final review not the communities. As we’ve already gathered and based our first rewrite off of that, as well as gathering ex-moderators previous suggested war systems, and as of last month per the community meeting, even newer Conflict Related posts such as yours, for the next war patch.

The sad truth is this is going to be a big project for a complete revamp for a system that will benefit the server, while still getting through all its review processes both within and outside of Moderation to be done in time for this map? It is most likely impossible, which is why we are still trying to push the War Patch method where we can get something rolling to help smooth things out for this map while allowing for a proper redone system from ground zero for next map.

And no worries, no offence is taken some things I have said almost verbatim in some meetings. I honestly think I’ve said them so often some like Llir probably have it burned into their memories for a good few months lmao. Also apologies if some bits are a tad everywhere, random IRL aggro is random and wanted to get this out in a somewhat timely manner.

20 minutes ago, Racker / Lefty said:

Would it be possible to release the Heist rules so people at least know what we have to work with so that if there are any Heists being planned things can be modified to adhere to the new rules? Then once the LWC issue has been solved allow people to post the applications? Otherwise great work and keep it up 🙂

I was just notified an hour or so ago the Issue was resolved so the rule post is going to get formatted and should be out by Sunday, with Heist applications being out around Monday. Since we have to follow through with promises given to NL’s when Hiests we put back on trial status some time ago. A training course will most likey be made to give Moderators a chance to be ready and familiar with the rules, but in all honesty nothing trains better then trial by fire.