Recovering The Ancient Tongue Of The Elves.

Sporadic

Am I correct in thinking the exclamation 'Haelun'ame ito narne' means 'the mother forest walks here'?

Correct would be "ame'haelun ito narne".

Correct would be "ame'haelun ito narne".

So, would my version by 'the mother of forests walks here' or would 'haelun'ame ito narne' still be gibberish?

So, would my version by 'the mother of forests walks here' or would 'haelun'ame ito narne' still be gibberish?

It would be 'the mother of the forest walks here', so like you said, except singular for the forest rather than plural.

I've been neglecting the elven tongue. The reason I didn't use it was practical, as my character was taught NOT to use it. The whole reason she's living with the snooty High Elves is specifically re-learning and reintegration into an Elven society after spending so much time in a human society. 

I just always always forget to start using elven. It would only make sense by now.

Well, my character's been learning it (She learned a lot from her ig father a while back)

my sentence structure needs work but I came up with a few combos I could use some help with:

hileia'ehier - Find Peace

achikr’ikru - foolish b****

cruae’cinh - stop hurting me

hileai’vallei - peaceful lake

ito'nae'mayilu - i love you

If one was trying to combine the words "Barbu" - Black and "Evariran" - Protectors which way would it be to say "Black Protectors"

Barbu'Evariran or Evariran'barbu

If one was trying to combine the words "Barbu" - Black and "Evariran" - Protectors which way would it be to say "Black Protectors"

Barbu'Evariran or Evariran'barbu

Evariran'barbu

Any update on the word Cat? Or brother/sister, or any other family words?

The Ancient Elves of the regions that the language was pulled from would never have encountered a cat. Maybe a word could be fashioned from fox by using feminine letters.

Also, I thought it had been explained that there is no brother or sister because all Elves are meant to be siblings in the way the culture once was. The only differing between them would be that "born of mother" denotes female gender and "born of father" denotes male. The word "mali" is used too often now and doesn't mean what it once did. The word once carried an acceptance of family, knowing that each mali is a precious gift. So you would say mali of father or mali of mother.

I believe the Asulon High Elves were inclined to use vowels to carry gender, but my ancient language research had wound down by the time we got there.

I was trying to understand some of the grammar structure for Elven today and I got a little confused by sentences with a syntax similar to that of "valmiran saneyreyae." For sentences similar to the example, I wasn't sure if it was more correct to interpret it as "The artists discuss." or "They discuss the artists." due to the possibility of an inferred subject.

Is there a way to specify when something is the subject or object of a sentence to avoid ambiguity?

Ah, I finally worked this out. You're missing words which define it.

kaean valmiran saneyreyae — They discuss artists

Elvalmiran sanyeyreyae — The artists discuss

Just a quick translation request:

"I am Mali'ker in body, but Mali'ame in spirit."

What would this be if the full sentence was elven?

I was trying to understand some of the grammar structure for Elven today and I got a little confused by sentences with a syntax similar to that of "valmiran saneyreyae." For sentences similar to the example, I wasn't sure if it was more correct to interpret it as "The artists discuss." or "They discuss the artists." due to the possibility of an inferred subject.

Is there a way to specify when something is the subject or object of a sentence to avoid ambiguity?

Also Subject is always the first word of the sentence.