Recovering The Ancient Tongue Of The Elves.

Sporadic

A-kai-le

What would be elven words for

-Listen

-Say

-sing

-dance

((if there are any))

Aint any yet, I've been trying to talk to sporadic, but he floated away from the server a little.

In the high elven community, the language lives. We know how to work with it and do so.

It always ends up happening. Originally Nanatsuno was making elven and then he drifted away too. The difficulty with introducing new language makers is that there is a lot of complexity to elven and "rules" that are written nowhere except in the minds of a few people for how individual words and the affect they have in a sentence functions.

Though I am shocked that we missed dance and sing. They are pretty darn important words to elves.

It always ends up happening. Originally Nanatsuno was making elven and then he drifted away too. The difficulty with introducing new language makers is that there is a lot of complexity to elven and "rules" that are written nowhere except in the minds of a few people for how individual words and the affect they have in a sentence functions.

Though I am shocked that we missed dance and sing. They are pretty darn important words to elves.

I thought of some words for them, now I need to talk to Sporadic...

Is this tolkien's original language or something else entirely?

Also anyone on the server learning the dialect of Quenya? I'd much like to rollplay with someone in elvish on the server.

[OOC]: Even though the server derived some inspiration from the Lord of the Rings fiction and its players apply their knowledge of various literary works on the server [sometimes in an overt manner] the existence of original contributions exists perhaps due to a creative impulse, a test of skill or mere whim that turns to obligation - only the creators know.

Since the first server world it has given depth and provided opportunities to roleplay, from the initial excavations all the way up to the cultural revitalisation that grew in the next instance of the server. Given the probability of misconstruing meaning in modern languages the use of fantastic ones is by no means forced, so we all get to decide how far we want to take our characters and if one is inclined to add to the lexicon there are still options for doing that through in-character means.

That doesn't make much sense, but okay. Why not use the languages Tolkien already had in place?

Why indeed? Why not use Tolkien's language for elven and safe effort. By extent, why not use the entire lore for Elves Tolkien created? To be fair, anybody here will be hard-pressed to match the effort and sheer creative brilliance Tolkien put into his massive fantasy world and its richly varied inhabitants.

Honestly, the best reason I can give you lies in the naming game. By creating our own language, we can retroactively give meaning to terms already present in LotC. for example, Malinor was the name of the elven kingdom at server birth, but Elven later gave this nation its meaning: "Elfland". This kind of freedom is most welcome in a fluent server where people are going to do as they wish and creative freedom is tantamount.

the two words for born and new also came from a name made.