Pots and Pandits

LotsOfMuffins

Pots and Pandits

SqJQeWVsv5qj0GqhpLgGGmeOSoWR0zhVZdP3kbHg

Introduction

Pots and Pandits is a group under the Community Team that teaches new players how to Combat Roleplay (CRP) without power-gaming while still being realistic in a way that meets an end goal.  

Pots and Pandits was created to introduce CRP to people unfamiliar with it in an in-character setting. The goal of the Focus Group is to give those people an idea of how to properly CRP while avoiding powergaming

2V4utPYOeNB6SdV_L9TF8Ee0Nf8UbrQcn896mn6j

Purpose                   

Pots and Pandits originally was created to teach players how to do combat roleplay. New players can sign up for special CRP training to try learning the basics of how combat roleplay works. These small training sessions aim to bring down the number of powergaming incidents, inform people of the rules surrounding combat (countdowns, status, running before the countdown ends, etc.), make the combat experience more enjoyable, and let CRP-based events run smoother. Besides normal training, the Pots and Pandits team also hosts ‘raids’ every now and then. In these so-called ‘raids,’  we go ‘banditing’ new players to collect pots and pans. The goal is to get new players involved in crp and let them know what to do if a situation like that actually arises

15IiShFIpFM1p1_GHf-4SusY46OfiFCXwtNfqLVj

#com-mod-req

If moderators find a new player not quite understanding something in the server such as CRP, banditry rules, or proper villainy, we try our best not to outright punish them like we would with an experienced player. Moderators have the option of filling out a com-mod req, where a CT member can meet up with said new player and show them how to properly follow the rules in place for the respective systems. 

For Pots and Pandits specifically, moderators will get in touch with members of the group using the #com-mod-req channel in the LotC staff discord when the particular instance pertains to the new player not quite understanding the rules of CRP, be it the give-and-take system, rolling, or the rules when it comes to switching to PVP outright. After the com-mod req is filled out, a member of Pots and Pandits will take the new player aside to show them the ropes in the particular area they had trouble with.

eqDxFWX_stv1PTm1BkjB0sAXgWH9qij_b9YmuSbX

Sessions

In order to provide constant assistance, we have two sorts of sessions available: the team’s personally managed ‘raid’ sessions and sessions that can be requested in #crp-training-request in the main LoTC discord. Training applied for through #crp-training-request will be one on one between the new player and a Pots and Pandits member. During these training sessions, they will learn the basic mechanisms and rules of combat roleplay. And throughout the unannounced ‘raid’ sessions, the location of online new players will be looked at and a few of them will be ‘bandited.’ To prevent us from scaring or intimidating them, we will let them know beforehand. This will make sure they are at least somewhat prepared and will hopefully allow us to provide better quality combat roleplay.

fcSBMF5hAY9uT-gZW-RTAp66tEEUm7iGXibD0Cg4

Conclusion

We hope that you guys are just as excited for this as us! If you have any questions, comments, concerns, etc., feel free to leave a comment down below, and a team member will do their best to help you out. Keep an eye out for our upcoming announcement of our first session.

SqJQeWVsv5qj0GqhpLgGGmeOSoWR0zhVZdP3kbHg

_MhIndCVsCoF3syQZYmpVqbhCs8DvFXeSRYsIBN2

I’m a PvP goon... I should probably attend these sessions to change my ways 💚- Good Job, guys!

What’s the criteria of someone being able to  help teach CRP? I feel like this can be abused and will eventually lead to people being taught incorrect things or instead utilising unfavorable tactics taught at these sessions. What are your checks and balances and what is the ‘golden standard’ the CT wishes to provide.

can’t wait to see were this will go!

@Christ seeing u get tossed around in the vira’ker tournie like you were a ragdoll from a 2000s kongregate flash game means im morally obliged to sign you up to CRP self-defense classes

i don’t trust the community team....... couldn’t even handle the magic stuff 😩

I'd rather the Mods draft up a CRP guide for new and old players than trust the Community Team with it. I don’t hate you guys, but there’s quite a few people on the Team that I wouldn’t want teaching new players how to CRP.

Would be much better if we taught new players how to write convincing, three-dimensional characters instead. New players typically put a lot of thought into designing their first character and are capable of some genuinely compelling roleplay. People join this server to write. If we help people write characters with human limitations and flaws it will pay dividends in making LoTC’s roleplay better

especially because, as a player who is “good at crp,” you can help new players out by giving them pointers and suspending your disbelief instead of wielding obscure lore/sword knowledge as a cudgel to beat them

seriously combat roleplay isn’t that important

Why is the CT teaching players how to CRP? Isn’t that more of an ET thing?

Can’t wait for the lesson where you teach new players to sit in a tree and quietly load a crossbow before deleting some poor guy just trying to eat a bagel.

Community team can’t crp for **** what the...

6 hours ago, ScreamingDingo said:

What’s the criteria of someone being able to  help teach CRP? I feel like this can be abused and will eventually lead to people being taught incorrect things or instead utilising unfavorable tactics taught at these sessions. What are your checks and balances and what is the ‘golden standard’ the CT wishes to provide.

Grab a sword’s blade with your hand and everyone loses their mind.