Techlock Armaments Tier-List Patch 1.0 - Bows Galore!

DISCOLIQUID

8 hours ago, Taketheshot said:

I really love that humans developed an entire culture around crossbows. Only for staff to say LOL and nerf them into ******* oblivion. 

I wouldn’t say entire, though I don’t think anyone enjoyed running around getting shot practically instantly because everyone pre-loaded crossbows before they went banditing. Besides they aren’t too awful.

I think that Arbalests should be reduced to D tier due to their long loading time, you can easily compensate that with a 3-emote long more reliable weapon that also has the same range, meaning that with the arbalest you’d be able to only shoot once while with a 3-emote long weapon you could shoot almost twice with 5 emotes and guarantee 2 kills due to the nature of ranged weapons.

Also, I dont see how this is encouraging meta-gaming. We also have magic posts, so we should probably remove them because they also do encourage meta gaming because you have all of their spells readily avaiable so you know their limitations and assume your character knows them to an extent. Even if disco doesnt encourages metagaming, people WILL metagame, and I also do agree that Blowguns are one of the best weapons due to their 2 emote nature which you can use with a poison or hold someone hostage at point-blank range because you can’t really fight against a weapon so versatile that can be used both ranged and melee.

And blowguns are also the ultimate mage counter if you use thaumium darts, because you can just run up to the mage and blow the dart on his face since you’d have 2 emotes while the mage is restricted to 3 (unless you’re a druid that has been practicing a magic for years and can use this as an excuse to powergame by playing with powerful magics using only 2 emotes and being allowed by staff). While this has a complication, you can surely go around it with some tought.

Thus, please increase the blowgun tier to A+ and lower Arbalest to D

@DISCOLIQUID

13 hours ago, nickrocky213 said:

I wouldn’t say entire, though I don’t think anyone enjoyed running around getting shot practically instantly because everyone pre-loaded crossbows before they went banditing. Besides they aren’t too awful.

Literally no one ran around with preloaded crossbows this is a perpetual gripe spawned by people to use against gunpowder, in my 5 years on this server Ive seen one person run up to and shoot someone with a preloaded crossbow they were promptly removed the RP was voided by staff and sorry, a crossbow is designed to pierce mail and armor, the fact I need 5 emotes to do that with an arablest and a bow can do it in 3 is dumb.