[✗] [Invention] Siege Cannon

Mirtok

i dont think we should have cannons b/c they arent in game of thrones and go against the high medieval setting this server has always had -1

Spoiler

actually +1 tho

2 hours ago, Legoboy7984 said:

Nah, I prefer just rune cannons because then they are rare as you gotta have a rune smith (dwarf) to produce the item.

Side Note:

Now, I do know that I am an Orenian but I have my own opinions.

What if these were hard to make or smth. 

+1 from me, maybe? 

Can’t wait to roll a 1/20 on a cannon and blow the crew to pieces. +1

8 hours ago, Nectorist said:

i dont think we should have cannons b/c they arent in game of thrones and go against the high medieval setting this server has always had -1

Reveal hidden contents

actually +1 tho

There were cannons in Asulon which made naval roleplay an interesting and satisfying avenue to pursue on lotC.

Moreso can you define High Medieval? I think that you're being ignorant in your view of what is Medieval by only considering the primitive Western history of the Middle Ages. I could be wrong to think that towards you.

Nevertheless, the far more advanced Islamic forces during the Middle Ages were using cannons without any scholarly doubt by the 14th century, namely to repel the Mongolian Invasion. Whereas the West used cannons few and far between during the same time period. The Ottomans used bombards in their successful siege against the Byzantine capital Constantinople two centuries later in 1453.

Therefore, I argue that cannons are well within the scope of roleplay on LotC. Albeit they represent technology that heralded the end of the Middle Ages and lead to technology of the Western Renaissance Age. Therefore the cannon is at the upper-limit of technology for the ‘Medieval’ Age LotC is set in.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannon

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_Ages

I’m all for cannons my guy but you could at least try to link this to pre established LoTC lore instead of straight up using IRL science. We have more than enough accepted resources to build off of whilst preserving the concept.

1 hour ago, Lionbileti said:

Holyshit actually get baited lol

Maybe you're too donny to see that my reply is rhetoric for the Staff that will judge this

4 hours ago, The King Of The Moon said:

I’m all for cannons my guy but you could at least try to link this to pre established LoTC lore instead of straight up using IRL science. We have more than enough accepted resources to build off of whilst preserving the concept.

What lore would you suggest? I tried melding volatite in with this but was told it would be impossible to use for cannons. I’m not super familiar with anything else other than magic/runes that could achieve cannons. I’m more than happy to tie in as much pre-established implemented lore to interconnect other peoples work. Personally, I would like the gunpowder to be connected to alchemy, with proper alchemists being the keepers of the production of Blackpowder. @The King Of The Moon

i like cannons +1

It appears we had the same ideas but he did them first. I’ll put them in my citations at least.

I used cannons in Aegis with the Teutonic Order. Can that be pre-existing lore for cannons or would that make it a conflict of interest on me voting on this? 😏