8.0 Map Teaser

Junar

11 hours ago, GrowUpNotFunny said:

This had to happen because of a demographic of players who would abuse lore to play the server competitively and gain unfair advantages. This is why we have lore criteria, format and Staff who vote on submissions. It is not a waste of time and it’s critical to the server in its current state We’re not in 2015 anymore where Blundermore could fling orcs up 30 ft to have them fall to their deaths via Wind Evocation.

Nobody cares.

I know this might sound shocking to you, but having played on the server when Blundermore was able to instantly kill you with magic, and playing on the server now, I openly do not give a **** whether players use lore that’s publicly available to “gain an advantage.” What does bug me is when group-exclusive CA creatures have bulleted lists of advantages, ones they can use in combat to get an edge on regular players but not on other CA races. You can obtain wind evocation through roleplay, you can’t become an Azdrazi or an Izkuthii or some other etymologically meaningless magic creature through roleplay. 

What LoTC direly lacks is any way to interact with the setting through in-character actions. Any vaguely creative use of the server lore is outright banned. Even the simplest inventions require precisely formatted lore submissions, which the ST are free to just deny for no reason at all. In that environment, it’s no surprise to me at all that the WT doesn’t “communicate” with the ST to add worldbuilding, and focuses on its job, which is to create the next map. 

2 minutes ago, howard said:

Nobody cares.

You can obtain wind evocation through roleplay, you can’t become an Azdrazi or an Izkuthii or some other etymologically meaningless magic creature through roleplay. 

What LoTC direly lacks is any way to interact with the setting through in-character actions. Any vaguely creative use of the server lore is outright banned. Even the simplest inventions require precisely formatted lore submissions, which the ST are free to just deny for no reason at all. 

I care

Yes you can, lol? 

Maybe because people should be able to explain exactly why and how something works or its going to be powergamed etc? Or because there is a general era the server is meant to be in, regardless of how much some playerbases want to LARP the IRL date in recent times.

45 minutes ago, rukio said:

I care

Yes you can, lol? 

Maybe because people should be able to explain exactly why and how something works or its going to be powergamed etc? Or because there is a general era the server is meant to be in, regardless of how much some playerbases want to LARP the IRL date in recent times.

HIDE RUKIO THREADS

IGNORE RUKIO POSTS

DO NOT REPLY TO RUKIO POSTERS

Yo why does this map look big? Please have it be like slightly bigger than Athera size to make rp clustering a thing again.

26 minutes ago, howard said:

HIDE RUKIO THREADS

IGNORE RUKIO POSTS

DO NOT REPLY TO RUKIO POSTERS

Spoiler
Spoiler

image.png.88cd8f3bd47ca6f8d918a3f1b2eac895.png

2fau7v.jpg?width=280&height=492staff_pulling_plug_on_oren.png?width=670

dUZjASl.png

Okay, I’m bored now. Back to Sudoku.

Edited by rukio

finally a good looking map

Real life? Ew😔. Leaving my house for social interaction? Forgot about her😬

Edited by purpleblueberrypunch

what texture pack is that

i forgot if i replied to this but ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, mmn yumm,..

On 6/20/2020 at 4:13 PM, Junar said:

9f-sHlMGrnjsnXvnKv5EZ4J9BQt2Ur-iayzbFUJFAv4iHH92QN3vDRWTCL1BKPbQWEAH-ApSyE4uyd4kEW__GayUr3-lsiSKTOvHewSLYFXFFqJncQQ4-5TdXSkjDvi2Gr-WE5ad

-ezpkKs_7GBjJeRvYDZq7x7D5qEfMIm2F_8SStLxTtP99rtyQFfAnninttw5qcvzJDQmFDI0RRcYTRpzBnmTNEv0qEU3q_l-cNx1Ftdxa7daW-xDbCZLEsIKp0gFwpiyVi6EVq8V

Announcement and Information:

The world team has been actively working towards the development of the next map, and after months of solid work, the world team and quality assurance and project director, me, sees fit to show a teaser on what the next map will contain. 

As shown in the video, we have offered a wide range of biomes and regions to work in, a plethora of flora, landscape and terraforming. The map itself was worked and painted by the builder duo: Florensics and I. A lot of members in the world team have actively focused their time on 8.0, growing closer and closer to completion. We plan on pushing a hundred percent effort into getting the map completed, and we will ensure the best, top-quality map Lord of the Craft  has ever seen before. 

Eventually, we will begin to contact different nation leaders  to find them the suitable tiles and region selection for where the builds will be placed for 8.0, to ensure quality in the coming nations for the next map and hopefully a content response from the leaders of the nations. Expect to get a friend request by world team management in the coming month.

As a collective group, we have coerced and organised the highest grade team to make sure the experience and aesthetics of the map is of the highest it has ever been -- we believe in immersing the players on a ride they shall not forget, and 8.0 will be exactly that map. Continue to show support, the World Team and 8.0 Project Members will not disappoint!

How will the map be like? Empires far away, and empty land that no one uses, or could we have a system of spreading land more evenly, and making castles more realistic (only for the king and family, and militia and citizens if need-be). It would be cool to see more people living on open land and everything being more spread out rather then half the player base in Helena.

On 6/23/2020 at 3:06 AM, Pintape said:

How will the map be like? Empires far away, and empty land that no one uses, or could we have a system of spreading land more evenly, and making castles more realistic (only for the king and family, and militia and citizens if need-be). It would be cool to see more people living on open land and everything being more spread out rather then half the player base in Helena.

If it was like you suggest we would instead have empty castles and villages. The cities act as hubs so that people can actively roleplay and not have to run around looking for people. Charters were a way to make a small settlement near or away from cities and in the past groups bought regions (with mina) that were purchasable. However most of these groups got bored and went inactive or couldn’t keep up with activity checks and died that way. After awhile staff said no more and removed the charter system I believe. Lastly Helena does not host half the server, and if you have not been around the map I sugget you visit the other cities during peak time.

Looking really good keep up the great work 🙂