Accidental Awakening

Keefy

Spoiler

Return the nature to the barren mountains.

The task had it’s risks but not so soon, Hareven thought, as the bear honed in on him rapidly.

Ciliren, her prosthetic smashed, diving off behind a patchwork of the larger trees to wait for orders or hide.

bear_by_eedenartwork_dd0rxft-fullview.jp

By Eedenartwork

No amount of Druid prowess was going to deter the bear, a thought determined as it began barreling towards Hareven.

The quarrel in it’s side staining fur with blood, but the crossbow brought was tuned for Cili, and made for deer. But it’s attention was off the child.

At least for now.

16c58ad21432fe89b2061653a1832519.jpg

It lunged, claws ripping through Harevens shoulder as he narrowly made his way out of immediate death, a smaller tree crushed under the weight.

With a quick motion, Hare would pull his coat off and roll himself onto the bears back, wrapping the leather overcoat around its neck and holding for dear life,

the bear thrashing and fighting, slamming Hareven back into more trees and the ground as the Druids waited for his opportunity.

And it came. A pause for rest for the bear led to a sharpened knife dug deep into it’s eye, held firm even moments after it dropped to the ground.

The worst had not passed however, as the mountain rumbled..

4a388aeb7e29aa8ed3870b8e07767c5b.jpg

Artwork by Thomas Moran

Was it the sound of it’s thrashing, or the roar? Cilirens scream? The reasons came and went, as it mattered not. Violet sap running down Harevens arm, the wound not given a chance to seal as he drug

his coat from out beneath the bear, as he ran towards Ciliren.

They were too far from the shelter, the trees around them hardly grown enough to survive the oncoming avalanche.

And then it came to him.

Ciliren thrown further down the mountain, Hareven would rip out a notebook from within his coat.

A knife into the bark, runes laid upon runes, with maddened speed.

And a knife to pry his wound open more, the mans bizarre ichor laid onto the runes.

The mountain side would explode in a flurry of heat and steam, the avalanche hitting the radius of the strange phenomenon, but this would hold.

Snow melting and contributing to the steam for several minutes, until it began to cool.

Trees scorched by the steam, exposed dirt, rocks, and moss now revealed from under the snow.

Hareven himself, burned and missing the faux skin that concealed his form, crumpled on the ground as the wounds sealed up.

Staring at what had been done.

738951cb61ec321988a90e658da51a6c.png

He was one of them now.

Spoiler

OOC: I was given Pale Blood Magic and given options as to how my persona would come to be with it. Harevens had a history with blood magic, so I went the research route I was offered. This is the discovery post. I’m bad at formatting. Cheers!

Somewhere in the deepest recesses of a vibrant realm rests a lone tree. On its branches are innumerable crows. They all caw to one another before flying off into the glowing canopies beyond. The trunk echoes with a terrible rumble, but soon quiets down again; as if a dreamer stirring in its sleep.

Spoiler

Title sounds like a sexual harassment lawsuit. 

3 minutes ago, lev said:

Hide contents

Title sounds like a sexual harassment lawsuit. 

God ******* damnit

Ciliren slowly made her way up to Hareven amidst the now barren snow and trees, clutching her smashed arm against her chest in a futile attempt to numb the pain she was feeling. When she finally made her way up to her guide, breathing finally beginning to calm, she began to speak, “You could have done that sooner.” She muttered, though how grateful she was for the intervention was quite clear in the young girl’s tone and face. She looked around slowly, partially for new threats, partially to see the now cleared snowy plains. When her gaze finally settled on her Guide once more, she gave a bit of a smirk, “Sowhen do those lessons start?”

I honestly thought this was going to be some erp related thing based on the title.

glad that it’s not

((changed the title cause goddamnit **** ****))

1 hour ago, Keefy said:

((changed the title cause goddamnit **** ****))

Spoiler

I THOUGHT THE CURrENT TITLE WAS THE ONE THEY MEANt. WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CHANGED IT LOL

TRY AGAIN

Edited by rukio

((So.... blood magic aha?

Blood mage go 

“Welcome to the club.” An old ‘friend’ of Hareven’s would comment. “It is about time you came ‘round and delved into the other side of the thistle.”

This character has been deemed inactive and moved to the Inactive Character subforum accordingly. If you believe this is a mistake, contact moderation to return it.