[Completed]Races SHOULD have in-game benefits

Pintape

Orcs should literally have greater strength swinging a sword in pvp but be slower, and animals like Kha’ should have greater speed and jumping but use more hunger.

Edited by Pintape

I agree, and If you play a white character you should have more privelages than any other race.

Just now, Professorus said:

Haven’t you seen the news?

Races used to have mechanical benefits. It was removed with Nexus if memory serves me. It was uh... Interesting.

1 hour ago, Youngie5500 said:

Races used to have mechanical benefits. It was removed with Nexus if memory serves me. It was uh... Interesting.

Every bandit pvp goon was a dark elf. Every chef a halfling. Oh, and lest we forget the “special” racial perk of dwarves....

Orc buff was an interesting experience especially coming onto the server as a new player. Those who were not good at PvP could at least hold their ground, while those who are great at PvP were able to hold and win with fewer numbers. Unfortunately, a bit down the line it was abused by people from different nations that played as an uncultured orc or in more common terms whitewash simply for the buff to help them win a war. Orcs offered to hunt whitewashes for abusing the buff, but it wasn’t recognized.

In my mind, it was simply an improper way of handing out perks to people or rather the product of what came of it declined the experience. Instead of every individual player Orc receiving the buff which clearly led to misuse, instead should have been granted a buff or boon by an experienced Orc Shaman. It’s clear there are spiritual leaders in most groups, and the same reason why Gandalf didn’t die in many of his ventures. He had a superior spirit to others. This could be used in the same way for other magics like Druids blessing bows or Canonist Priests granting morale or damage to Humans. 

In this way, the ability lies in the hands of those that craft the culture instead of allowing misuse by any individual. This would be almost relative to a magic plugin and honestly, could just use vanilla buffs with. Though such things are only a dream with the other priorities expected of LoTC.

If you take up a race or CA for its mechanical benefits, that screams the fact that you aren’t really interested in writing a story for the character and properly rping with them, and that you just want to use its benefits. 

9 hours ago, TheAlphaMoist said:

If you take up a race or CA for its mechanical benefits, that screams the fact that you aren’t really interested in writing a story for the character and properly rping with them, and that you just want to use its benefits. 

alphamoist spitting facts

Real talk tho if you play any race for the benefit of its mechanics, you’re not in it for the RP – obviously. That’s not a good thing, especially as a CA; play the CA for its uniqueness IRP, give people reasons to not gut and skin you, and you’ll have a fun time RPing and it’ll be fun for them too if you’re doing it right.

Nexus buffs are a thing of the past and it was exploited by people who do nothing but log on to PvP, such as the Orc buff you mentioned. No thanks.

On 6/28/2020 at 10:07 PM, TheAlphaMoist said:

This too.

On 6/28/2020 at 1:32 PM, Professorus said:

I agree, and If you play a white character you should have more privelages than any other race.

yikkesssss

On 6/28/2020 at 7:07 PM, TheAlphaMoist said:

I mean, they can be slight but still be useful, It just sucks to RP via typing some things, and halting the process instead of actually doing the action, like running faster then others as a dark elf.  I would have to state that i’m faster, and the others literally have to slow down

As a halfling player please no.

Last summer(?) there was a little bug for a day where racial health values were somehow accidentally adjusted. Halflings had six hearts (12 hp). If you accidentally stepped in fire or dropped off a wall to take a shortcut, it basically sealed your death.

People are varied. My dark elf is athletic and fit, but her older sister isn’t as in shape as her. Wouldn’t really make sense imo if they both ran at the same pace. Your argument of “I’d have to state that I’m faster via RP rather than just being faster” applies in reverse, too. If this system were implemented my friend would be typing that her dark elf is slower than other dark elves.

41 minutes ago, UwUPlant said:

As a halfling player please no.

I doubt anyone will have a sense to bring it back, but halfling buff was a funny experience. As an orc who faced off with a few sherriff, it was honestly hilarious to see them whip out their shovel buff and completely destroy their opponent lol

2 hours ago, Stargush said:

I doubt anyone will have a sense to bring it back, but halfling buff was a funny experience. As an orc who faced off with a few sherriff, it was honestly hilarious to see them whip out their shovel buff and completely destroy their opponent lol

The shovel buff wasn’t present for halflings when I was playing ‘em back in 2017. Heavy Shovels (was that what they were called?) were also broken and didn’t work most of the time. 

The main buff that halflings got was having two different racial professions, chef and farmer, and good racial XP bonuses for those two professions. If you wanted to be one of the best chefs in LOTC, you basically had to play as a halfling. Thanks to halfling chef XP buff, I was the second best chef in all of Axios. The number one chef played twice as much as I did, so I couldn’t beat them just with an XP bonus advantage. I still got pretty far though just by using all of my Energy every day.

Hullo! Races will be getting racial buffs with Vortex next map 😉

(Sorry CA’s, no buffs for you)