Actual Age

Late 30’s

Status

Alive

Zero Kills

Zero Deaths

fjasnfX.png

Background

Luscinia was born under a full moon on the stillest night of the Spring season some seconds after her brother, Corvus. A surprise to all who deemed the twin’s birth a portent of changing times. Named for the nightingale who sings with so much passion, her mother used to tell her that the thaw would be her blessing and the grace to melt hearts her gift. Raised as a Diviner in the traditions of her wayward tribe, the snow elf holds her people’s heritage near and dear to her as a chosen lifestyle to this day. Despite being the last of those once known as the Averan, the Wandering Lost. It is acceptable knowledge that Luscinia and her brother Corvus lost their tribe as a whole to the Frost Witches of Skjoldier some decades ago, and this is when her sight was taken. Since then the pair have fled across the sea and to Arcas, true to their roaming nature, until their stories finally parted in the bustle of the docks and Luscinia found herself alone in a strange new land.

Hopeful that her sibling had followed their plan to pilgrimage to the homeland of their ancestor’s kin in the Princedom of Fenn, she found herself wandering the roads until she reached Helena. Here, she made true friends and was not much long after reunited with her sibling, content to take up residence until the unshakable urge to travel once more was upon them. Through her brother’s tireless studies upon reaching the shore, the pair learned of an enclave of monks who practiced a way to attune oneself to their own soul and enhance that energy outwardly. Intrigued, the inquisitive pair sought the Dao Monastery and were rewarded with a means to complete the cycle of training they had originally thought lost with their respective tribal elders.

While seeking to forge a path of deeper meaning, the siblings set out on their most active task of erecting three way-shrines providing a copy of the scroll that lead them to the monastery in the first place. The Hua-Jiao became available in Helena, Darrowmere, and Morsgrad. During these travels they made many allies and friends, Luscinia’s brother even taking up a role as a teacher, particularly to the younger generation in Norland. For a time the pair spent their days happily in the cold region, but upon the awakening of their second sight through their dedicated studies they again took to the roads.

Description

5’0”, 90lbs, Petite and delicate like a porcelain doll, she is much smaller and lighter than the typical elf. White hair with a light blue tinge falls floor-length when loose, and to the backs of her knees braided with the 78 plaits she meticulously keeps. Her eyes are blind, having long been scarred by jagged horizontal claw marks across her face, they are now a clouded silver where they used to be an ice blue. With pale fine china skin, she is almost white as snow. A triple moon is tattooed upon her forehead in midnight blue ink, covered by her hair; the moon’s phases as well along the length of her spine. Always soft spoken, she has never even once been heard to raise her voice in anger.

Wardrobe

The tribal elf prefers to wear loose but modest robes, often layering with the idea of trapping air for warmth in mind. She can appear to be wearing very light stuff, but be perfectly comfy in freezing rooms. Strewn throughout those many braids are various beads of pastel color, painted feathers, and occasionally a flower wreathe. The ribbons used to bind it all together are always coordinated to the color of her dress. She wears a pair of soft soled shoes that allow her to better feel the terrain beneath her feet and keep her from tripping over obstacles. Her most conversed about accessory being the various colored blindfolds she wears constantly in public to hide the hideous tale the wounds across her fair face tell. A hot bath is a luxury to Luscinia, but this does not mean she is unkempt. Her people long ago developed a modest and thorough bath regimen, and always she carries the soothing scent of heather.

Nature

Luscinia is a kind soul who only wants to see the good in others. In fact, it can be hard to convince her otherwise. Always she holds a soft light over people she endears herself to, even if they are the worst kind. If they treat her well, surely they can do the same for others. She is fundamentally naive, but she is not stupid. She is remarkably adept at retaining facts and figures, which stems from her constant use of arithmetic to determine her surroundings and memorize her very steps. To her, the world is measured in her own strides, but she relies on others to fill in the details. While her impairment does not seem to inhibit her too much with her method of moving around, it has proven troublesome and mostly morally degrading. Luscinia combats this with her own good humor and kindly disposition, often even making jokes at her own expense to make people more comfortable around her. While her brother takes personal blame for her blindness, she has found only enrichment in it.

Loves 

Corvus Selune, the feyling’s elder brother, is the greatest thing that she loves. Everything else is a source of joy for the optimistic creature, she loves to travel and meet all manner of new people, she enjoys reading others fortunes with her runes, and learning about different cultures. Her favorite pastimes include weaving, sewing, and embroidery, as she can feel the fibers she is working with and thus does not need her eyes to make pretty pieces. A treasured object of hers is a stuffed polar bear plush toy that she received from Alistair.

Hates

Generally speaking, Luscinia does not hate. Not anyone, not anything. She believes that to hold hate in your heart is a sin against the peace that the moon represents and only leads to tainting your own soul. Thus, she exhumes an unsurpassable patience with everyone in any situation. Always trying to quell an argument where possible, and calming others with soothing tones and words. Though she has mentioned not being particularly fond of citrus fruits or birds that squawk instead of sing.

Fears

Much like with hatred, fear has no place in the placid feyling’s mind, for she accepts every occurrence as a matter of Fate. If it happens, it was meant to happen, and there is no point in getting upset about it. It is thus almost impossible to intimidate her, but that does not mean she doesn’t have a healthy sense of self-preservation. Despite this, she is still entirely trusting of just about anyone and often walks blindly into risky situations vision impaired or not.

Faith

Lusicnia's tribe holds a mysterious practice that is rather vague in its nature, but explains she was raised as a Diviner in their tradition. Elaborating that this position was typically held in conjunction with the Guardian, who lead the tribe as their chieftain, while the Diviner would serve as an advisory role. She observes very old teachings of their ancestors that seem to be based on the moon and lunar cycle. Believing in the tranquility that a still night represents and can reflect in one’s soul. While she does not openly disagree with other religions, she holds an amount of concern for what others could now view her faith as and tries to combat any prejudice with a gentle hand while never accusing anyone of being unfaithful to their own beliefs. She believes all are equal under the moon’s gaze, after all.

Combat

As the maiden practices the old teachings of her tribe, she is also a pacifist through and through. She has never raised her hand to another, never wantonly lied, and never spoken a truly harsh word that was not the truth. Words are her only weapons, for even her various tools and walking staff are never used even in self defense. She would sooner allow herself to be run through and die in a peaceful fashion than to allow anger and fear to win out over her beliefs.

Magic

Chi Manipulation – Moon Path
Tier 1 Confirmation

fjasnfX.png

Short Term Goals

Find her brother. (Succeeded)

Obtain temporary lodging. (Succeeded)
Complete Pilgrimage to the Princedom of Fenn. (WIP)

Long Term Goals
Become a Moon Monk. (Succeeded)

Master the Moon Path. (WIP)
Survive the coming Exodus. (WIP)

Personal Relationships

(Requires multiple RP encounters to be added to this list.)

Corvus Selune - “You have always been the sunshine to my otherwise very stark world.”

Alistair Brashton - “You were the first friend I made in this new land, and I will cherish you always.”
Eugeo de Astrea - “Words cannot express my happiness for the bond our families have grown to share.”
Ancelie de Astrea - “You are like the sister I never had, and I will always value your opinion.”

Lunir Ursir - “I have not known you long, but I have known the peace you bring my loved ones. This counts you among them.”
Halvar Edvardsson “You have shown my family kindness, and so kindness shall always be shown to you.”
Jiangu Vincrute - “None of the songs, poems, gifts or praises in this mortal world can express my thanks to you.”

Qing-Long - “While I cannot look directly at you anymore, I still respect you highly for managing my brother.”

Rithon Caelthor - “You are still a new presence to me, but I sense your struggle. I am glad you are on a path toward healing.”
Quavinir - “You are my most respected elder, and while I may not always agree with you I will always hear your words.”

Koshiro Matsuda - “Your devotion to your sister is touching and reminds me of my own brother.”
Ryuu Nova - “You are a very kind soul, I have known this since the moment I met you. I hope to know you better.”

Eleanor Victoria - “While we may not be the closest of friends, you have always been kind to me.”
Williem Galbraith - “You likely do not even remember my name, but you call my brother a lady and I find that hilarious.”
Tirilan Sentinal - “You have a beautiful soul. Do not let anyone ever tell you otherwise. Not even yourself.”

Edited by JinxJang