Sign in to follow this  
BigMacMoMo

An Essay on Our Golden Age and the Duty to Manifest

Posted (edited)

Our Golden Age and the Duty to Manifest

An Essay By An Imperial Patriot, Frederick Leopold Pruvia-Albarosa

Penned in the City of St Owynsburg, 1774

JBr1I3f2WzudxyLnA8pyzCi9PEPFHSqovhPvTn_F8IASZUvSiGmDdZfjr51hFc3yB3Zr_dzfG6_QgtnFAhtbdCVx2L8s9yiWpPoigtmR43loqCSQWgPZ-bkn8eyvxU8Kp-8ghTHJ

An Orenian woman with her family on the outskirts of the Empire

Since its creation, the Holy Orenian Empire has been a bastion for mankind with its walls defending the descendants of Horen tirelessly. From the humble beginnings under the Exalted Godfrey to the powerful state that we reside in now, our nation has toiled hard to achieve what we have today. Because of this new pinnacle that we find ourselves at, we come to a crossroads. The Empire finds itself at a height not seen before. One would be able to consider this era that we have found ourselves in as a golden age. Employment is up, the government is stable, and the meritocratic system of our current government allows for those who are hardworking and able to rise through the ranks.

It is also to be mentioned that the Empire has ensured that its people are able to enjoy the fruits of their labors. Theatre, sports, and the sciences are prominent practices within our very own society. For example, I just recently read a wonderful publication by the most esteemed Edward Napier on the classification of organisms: something that has long needed documentation. While with these new advances within our beloved nation we find tranquility, on the outside, our brothers and sisters in mankind are embroiled in chaos.

Greedy men and women vie for power over lands that should be united under one nation, bestowing upon themselves titles not befitting their vile and untrustworthy stature. As the bastion of Man, it is the nation’s duty, and our duty as citizens of the Empire, to protect the men, women, and children who seek to live lives of good individuals: who rise early to make an honest wage, to attend church, and to fight for their families and neighbors if need be.

That is why it should be of the interest of all citizens of our empire to ensure the expansion of our way of life so that all of mankind may find itself prospering under enlightened rulers as opposed to tyrannical despots who so horrendously revoke the rights to democracy and freedom that the citizens of the Empire so greatly enjoy. “Why must we do this?” you may ask. “Why should we leave the comforts of the Empire to face the hardships of the unknown?” To that, I must argue that within our short yet impactful lives, it is our duty as patriots and GOD fearing Canonists to spread civility and faith throughout the world, ensuring a brighter future for mankind.

Let us not forget the men who sacrificed their lives over the years in order to ensure that the Orenian dream may survive for their posterity to thrive off of. Let us not forget the War of the Two Emperors that our predecessors fought to ensure our very wellbeing. Do not let your ancestors’ sacrifices in vain, for the watch now from the Seven Skies in anticipation for the skies that the Empire may rise to!

To go about this, I implore that the government must strive to acquire territories of those aforementioned oppressive and intolerable overlords who seek to keep Oren from achieving the unity of all mankind., through diplomacy or other means.  Let this not be considered simply the act of the government, though. To the citizenry of the Empire, please speak with your local representatives and elect those you trust who will pass legislation to ensure that our government continues to prosper and expand our way of life to the furthest reaches of humanity.

There is no time better than now to bring mankind to its new height. The nation that we wish to thrive further waits patiently in the form of Oren: a roaring lion of a nation that must reunite the pride of lions that is humanity through manifestation. The time to act is now, and we must act for it is of the utmost importance to see the Empire manifest across all mankind, providing peace, prosperity, equality, and democracy amongst all of its citizens – old and new. It is our destiny.

Signed,

Frederick Leopold Pruvia-Albarosa

Patriot of the Empire

Edited by BigMacMoMo

50 minutes ago, thesmellypocket said:

"I notice Mister Pruvia puts patriot first and Canonist second," says Pius.

“The Church and State are like two pillars, both supporting each other.” the viscount would comment to his brother who posed a similar statement. “Never would I put one in front of the other.”

James II receives the document, reviewing it to his Curia “Mr. Pruvia puts it very nicely--our Covenant of Purity promises that all mankind should be united in faith. If these independent principalities were true Canonists, we could set aside that they abjure the Emperor’s authority. But mankind ought never to profess paganism: it is a violation of our covenant with God. I will pray that they should find faith through Ex. Horen’s mercy, rather than Ex. Owyn’s sword.”

Posted (edited)
On 6/30/2020 at 9:28 PM, BigMacMoMo said:

“The Church and State are like two pillars, both supporting each other.” the viscount would comment to his brother who posed a similar statement. “Never would I put one in front of the other.”

“If my Bishop told me not to pay taxes or vote, I would not do it,” replies Pius. “And I hope each man in this Empire would say the same. And Faith comes before civility also!”

Edited by thesmellypocket