Community Team Update - June 2020

LotsOfMuffins

IJhugBejbL1MMsXXQT8AfBib-cpWXfcyAE786E0G

COMMUNITY TEAM UPDATE LOG

JUNE 2020

R0pLo0gtfUhi31VISOsaq0rxREaEdBhHGfUpVsrGKyrJbra-JyUZhUEJJ8jfYkTbe4LE0BePnJ3wXGXGj2aAfZgTyS3aLP8Ek5gZ1dlBTbxQhuQvgatl9vRZN92tmMzlB1VUxkuk

INTRODUCTION

Hello again!

With the completion of projects, new monk uniforms, and as usual, lots of guidances and applications, this month has been just as jam-packed as the last. I’m excited to tell you guys about everything that’s been going on, and I hope that you guys do read through the whole thing, and have a lovely Wednesday!

0dg-oLgZhKpinnjY-bF4zjRbwPx7-beOC5CiMGNO0VYDBO3C5K1hZ6jJJOYBto8b39xbPFQKhfAPrJF5DSAN4kAFED97M2EUC6MHHzR_jKaLHU09wKDD6osZihlcLChnoOFqbrk1

JUNE DATA

- Overview -

This month, we saw a total of 370 apps handled, with 200 new players welcomed onto LotC. 

Last month, we had 370 applications and 200 new players. Once again, we’ve still maintained about a 1:1 acceptance versus denial rate, with the exact amount being 44.1% of applications being accepted, 8.9% less than last month. As a reminder, the biggest reasons for denial is due to applicants not making the necessary changes within 24 hours of being placed on pending. It appears as though the coronavirus spike, however, is lessening. I’ve put together a graph where you can see the applications we’ve received per month so far this year, and you can see the spike making its peak in April and slowly stabilizing back to normal. To see this graph, look below at “Monthly Applications”. 

- Monthly Applications -

6cad9bf39d87834791d6f2910463c146.png

- Accepted/Denied Ratios -

daa51b54803a24384350da84224d7fa0.png

- Race Specific Data -

5e292840bff7e73129a2b66711374aa4.pngf84d2aad764f73634bbb01492741d5c7.png95d36d23eec850e9ce2a6ed8a81add45.png

- New Player Guidance -

d42dc16709d35826aecfb47fc2e11036.png

0dg-oLgZhKpinnjY-bF4zjRbwPx7-beOC5CiMGNO0VYDBO3C5K1hZ6jJJOYBto8b39xbPFQKhfAPrJF5DSAN4kAFED97M2EUC6MHHzR_jKaLHU09wKDD6osZihlcLChnoOFqbrk1

TEAM DATA

- Application Team Data -

163919d208d54799034ce8d9115c6871.png

APPLICATION KING/QUEEN

This month’s Application Queen goes to... @AnonymousAlexa!

Iy22se_0ZYM27-tIKN-oN5Qtcj7C1-2-BWdgl9jv

@AnonymousAlexa

Followed behind by @Hopesky123 and @AccioNily!

With 100 applications, Alexa truly has become the Application Queen we all aspire to be. I don’t really understand how she does it, as the most I’ve gotten is, like, 70, but dang that’s some dedication. 

CURRENT ROSTER

Community Administrator

@LotsOfMuffins

Community Managers

@armajesty

@N00tN00t_

@TimberBuff

Community Team Members

@AccioNily

@AnonymousAlexa

@Brandybrook

@camocat9

@Dinochann

@HogoBojo

@Hopesky123

@LordScisso

@MC_BreadStick

@moosehunter123

@MrMineLoveDude

@snoopie12

@StickyPepto

@UwUPlant

Content Creators

@Amelica

@Beordan
@ElvenMommaHacker

@ImNerdiie

@JokerLow
@Parion

@xDK

Wiki Team Members

@1_Language_1

@Aelisus

@DevoutChorale_

@JokerLow

@Scipp3r

@Tigergiri

PROJECT UPDATES 

Application Team – @armajesty

Hello, everyone! The Application Team has been hard at work this month in keeping up with applications. After a group of Community Team members tackled a ton of applications in one day we have steadily been able to keep the submissions down to one page. Our team has been working extremely hard, despite the overwhelming amount of apps that are being submitted. (As of June 28th we are sitting just above 300 applications this month). While the Application Team has been separated into it's own focus group many of the regular Community Team members are still hard at work, handling applications whenever they are available. This small change in the team has really benefitted us in regards to productivity as we experience far less burnout from overworked members. Alongside all of this, we have begun to work on ways to spruce up our applications by adding rotating roleplay scenarios in order to gain more varied responses from applicants and further measure the skill they bring to the server

Content Creation – @N00tN00t_

Hi guys! Fie's here again with another HAWT update for the Content Creation Team! We've been hard at work - as always. At this point, I would like to thank all of my Content Creators for their incredible work, devotion and love. Big shout-out to @Amelica for making art for the skin archive! Big shout-out to @JokerLow for collecting a lot of footage! Big shout-out to @xDK for literally working hard all the time! I'd also like to thank @ImNerdiie, @Parion, and @ElvenMommaHacker for being hard at work as well! We've managed to do a lot this month, and honestly, all I can say right now is that I hope you guys keep up the good work! For next month, we'd like to finish some videos, recruit a few more video editors and maybe a few more skinners and artists as well. If you are interested in joining the Content Creation Team, feel free to apply for an interview here; 
https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forms/52-content-creation-staff-application/.

Events – All Management

The month of June held two of our repeating events; the Creative Cafe and the Battle of the Arts! This month flew by, but we have much in store for the players of Lord of the Craft. We have three events planned for the future though all of which remain a secret... for now. Look forward to the forum posts that will be featured in the Announcements section of the forums later this month for tons of fun! We'd like to give a big thank you to all over the Community Team volunteers who make these events possible and who strive to bring the community together. Thanks to everyone for your participation

Pots and Pandits – @TimberBuff

Hey friends! Your friendly neighborhood tree here to give you some updates on Pots and Pandits! We've gotten the project off the ground with some basics, a training area, and the personas and lore of it being set up. Right now, we're working a few of the kinks out of the system, such as working on how individual sessions will work, the pass/fail system, and quite a bit more! Stay tuned for a bunch of delinquents going to the inexperienced fighters of the world and demanding they hand over their pots and pans. We look forward to working with you all!

Read more about the Pots and Pandits team here: https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/192542-pots-and-pandits/.

Projects – @snoopie12

Hey there! New face here, I am snoopie and had the honor to lead the projects focus group a bit. This month the projects group has shaken a few times due to managers departing from staff, so we had quite a few different managers for projects last month. Because of this we have not made the massive progress we did last month, however, I am happy to announce that some of our major projects are releasing soon! Tutorial Island is awaiting its last admin review, while our ‘travelers guild’ is going through community management review. Once passed by the community team the monk lore rewrite will be going towards the lore team for review. Then we also have some fresh new projects introduced this month, starting with our uniforms. We are hardly working on updating our monk uniforms and making some nice skins for both monks as members of the ‘travelers guild.’ Our other new project is script writing! In this project, we write scripts for ‘how-to’ videos that help the player base, especially new players to understand how things on the server work. All with all next month promises to be a great month with lots of progress. Furthermore, we will be gathering feedback from the players on what our next major project could be, so if you have anything that would improve the server and is a bit realistic, please let us know!

Wiki Team – @TimberBuff

The Forum Technician, @Lyonharted™, has been working on a new major update for the wiki still and is continuing great work! We’ve seen some of this update being made, and it looks fantastic so far. While we are waiting for the update, Wiki Team members are working on updating various outdated pages as well as creating new ones that are referenced in different parts of the wiki but were never made. Once again, if you’d like to help with this large update for the wiki (it’s lots of moving and copying pages), please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/ENVJ6CCZSr67LK4EA.

JULY’S DIRECTION

Last month was primarily about engagement, projects, and more community advocacy. This month, we’re focusing more on the solidification of our new team, the Application Team, and our revised focus group, Pots and Pandits, as well as pushing out some projects and content!

Last Month’s Goals

1. Tutorial Island

Tutorial Island is done. The last thing we are waiting for is our lovely Development Administrator to be back from a quick trip to help us release it! But the details, NPCs, region flags, buildings, even the forum post is 100% done. So as soon as we’re ready, it’ll be released! Just as a note, you will be able to go to Tutorial Island without being a newly-accepted player by heading to the dock next to the Shop of Wonders. It is there right now, but you can’t actually use the boat until it’s released.

1. Application Team

So far, the institution of the Application Team has been a success. Even when Application Team members are unavailable to help all the time, they still assist with reviewing applications, making decisions on applications, providing input, etc. In addition, it relieves the stress of being required to do applications from the Community Team members who didn’t necessary sign up for apps, though it still allows members to select the AT as their focus group if they did sign up for apps. It’s a win-win situation, and the separation of apps from the team’s core duties was, for sure, the right decision. 

1. Community Events

We’ve continued with our community events this month, with another Battle of the Arts and Creative Cafe being run this month. Currently, we have two more events in the making, so keep an eye out for announcements regarding those! I’m hoping that we will always have at least two events in the making (besides repeated monthly events such as Battle of the Arts) in order to keep community events going, and with any Community Team member being able to volunteer to run an event, it looks like we’re gonna see more and more events in the future. 

This Month’s Goals

1. Tutorial Island

Once again, this is going to be a goal, as even though it is done, it will require the team to monitor it, gather feedback from players, etc. to ensure that it is the best it possibly can be. Of course, I anticipate that Tutorial Island will require some work even after its release due to feedback and possible mistakes we didn’t catch beforehand, though I’m thrilled to finally have it out and ready. 

1. Monk Lore and the Traveller’s Guild

The Traveller’s Guild has been a thing for a long while, though it hasn’t been released yet. Current, it is being reviewed by Community management, so I’m looking to see the project finally integrated alongside Tutorial Island, since both will change the way monk guidance works. As for monk lore, it’s been rewritten (though still based off of the the Triumvirate and such) by the team, so once it is reviewed fully by Community management, it will be sent on to the Story Team. This is hopefully something that will be done this next month as well. 

1. Projects Focus Group

The Projects focus group has been hard at work on guides, Tutorial Island, monk lore, traveller’s guild, and a monk guidance rewrite. However, all of these projects are at an end. Guides was moved to Broom Crew and completed a month or two ago, Tutorial Island is done and awaiting release, monk lore is written, Traveller’s Guild and the monk guidance rewrite are awaiting management reviewal, and that leaves nothing left for them to do! As such, this is another focus for this month: starting new projects for the Projects focus group. The group has already put together a feedback form for you guys to suggest what you’d like to see us work on, so if you have any ideas, find the form here: https://forms.gle/k5gdAwp2cjvPJzZt9.

R0pLo0gtfUhi31VISOsaq0rxREaEdBhHGfUpVsrGKyrJbra-JyUZhUEJJ8jfYkTbe4LE0BePnJ3wXGXGj2aAfZgTyS3aLP8Ek5gZ1dlBTbxQhuQvgatl9vRZN92tmMzlB1VUxkuk

If you have any questions or comments about the direction that we are going in, feel free to leave a comment down below or reach out to a team member.

16 minutes ago, Jayius said:

@AnonymousAlexa Insane amount of applications reviewed, cheers!

Tysm! ❤️ 

Yay!

Not even gonna show the number of accepted halflings? I know there’s at least one, since I’ve seen them in Brandybrook myself and spent a while roleplaying with them.

5 hours ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

Not even gonna show the number of accepted halflings? I know there’s at least one, since I’ve seen them in Brandybrook myself and spent a while roleplaying with them.

Seems I forgot to input the last racial graph, I’ll send it here and add it to the post!

95d36d23eec850e9ce2a6ed8a81add45.png