Community Team, Please Fix This!

Keldrith

Honestly, the way I see it is this: This seems like a play from the Community Team to further eradicate a player-made guild and its lore. As Dingo said, “The Wilven Monks were inevitably hijacked by 501 to be utilized as a ‘proper’ staff run mentoring guild”. While that happened a long time ago, I think it’s clear that the Community Team, since taking hold of it, has done very little to disassociate with the original Wilven Monks that were, of course, a player run group – In fact, it seems as if the Lead, LotsOfMuffins, is bent on making the current Temple-Monks something they’re not, Wilven Monks. I don’t think that’s very cool, in fact, I saw something similar with the whole Dragur-Library debacle which, is under the supervision of the World Team as a ‘staff-project’ and has been since the beginning of this map, if you haven’t noticed (you can debate me on that, but I still have screenshots of Luka, the former Dragur lead, stating exactly that Dragur is now a staff-project). I’m honestly not a fan of any staff-team taking control of player-run guilds and factions, for a lot of reasons and, especially without the permission of said players that were involved in the past. It just seems like a scummy move to do something like that, which, perhaps might just be my opinion, but I certainly wouldn’t want any staff team on this server walking in and taking control of any faction or guild I’m involved with. I don’t think it’d be too much to ask for @LotsOfMuffins to change the name of the current iteration, since she had literally 0 involvement in the original guild and, as we can tell, there’s little reason for the temple-monks to be taking up the ruse of a once formerly player-run group. Though, I am doubtful she will do such, especially with the current state of things, namely her freaking out at any criticism for the most part because it’s deemed some form of affront to her very existence on here.
tl;dr: change the name, don’t steal the lore, don’t retcon already pre-established groups without permission and for a personal agenda.