Imperial_Office_of_Civil_Affairs

17th Imperial Diet, House of Commons (1775)

Farooq Gray submits this following statement of experience to the House regarding his nomination as a Supreme Court Justice:

“Farooq Gray has spent his lifetime working with the law, both as a solicitor and a legislator. He served as Attorney-General to Joseph Adler and as Solicitor-General after his departure. He has prosecuted high profile cases, such as the massive embezzlement scandal at the Imperial Reserve. As a legislator, he has oversaw many changes to the legal system, including a full rewrite of the O.R.C. Farooq Gray wishes to serve on the Supreme Court to help build upon the work of his predecessors and build logical case-law that fits with the law established by the diet and the rule established by His Imperial Majesty. In light of the Impartial Courts Act, he has resigned from the Everardine Party, removed himself from politics and will not be seeking re-election for the House.”

Members of the House now have this Saint’s evening to confirm his nomination.

George Galbraith votes AYE on the confirmation of Farooq Gray to Supreme Court Justice.

Edited by MrChenn1

Sir Konstantin votes aye.

It had been a long day in the office at Christiansen & Wick, which was conveniently also the home of Lauritz. He had awoken at sunrise, cooking a healthy meal for himself and his five children, Margrethe, Jens, Edith, Francis, and Viktor. The breakfast consisted primarily of bacon, eggs, and bread. Afterwards, he had headed to the markets to acquire more flour for his baking, as well as some cocoa, for today he was baking a cake to celebrate Jens and Edith’s 15th birthdays. He returned from the markets at around noon, and thus began on his endeavour to bake the chocolate birthday cake for his two twins. Oh how they smiled with glee once they saw the finished product, a most delicately constructed cake with a bountiful chocolate taste. Truly, this was a birthday to remember for the two. He spent the rest of the day in his office, tirelessly drafting bills for the Commons, overseeing the development of new lemonade tastes, making sure that there was no man or woman within the Empire without a lawyer, and ensuring that the printing presses were publishing the newest literature to the nation. 

It was near midnight as he laid in bed, for he jolted awake with a sudden realisation. He had forgotten to vote on the nomination of Farooq Gray to the Supreme Court. It was frequent that the due to the buzyness of his everyday life, the veteran statesman would forgot a thing or two during the day. Tiredly, he slumped out of his bed, making his way towards his desk. There, he sat himself down and penned a letter addressed to the President of the Commons, Sir Konstantin Wick.

“Dearest Konstantin, and thus by proxy the House of Commons,

I write to you with earnest love of this institution and the nation, and to finally submit my vote on the nomination of Farooq Gray to the Supreme Court. Mister Gray is a fellow veteran statesman, and a good friend, whom I believe to be more than capable of sitting as one of the members of our Supreme Court. It is my hope that the retired Solicitor-General can bring newfound diligence and haste to an institution which has slowed over recent years, as you have so personally spoken to me about. It is therefore that I have decided to vote aye on the nomination.

Signed, Sir Lauritz Christiansen.”

Amadeus faithfully submits his final ballot in the House of Commons for his old friend Farooq. Aye.

Mr. Edward Napier votes AYE.

Angelika Bykov votes AYE for her fellow legislator.

Aye

Farooq Gray is confirmed as Supreme Court Justice!