Ya'know.....

J_Wolf

I was pleased when I was applying for the server.

Looking over the rules, seeing all the IC protections for people that just wanted to sit and write.

Always in IC when logged in, Meta and Godmodding seemed handled...

...and then I start in on the server...

First interaction I have is meta... somebody communicating through 3 other people to get my location and come greet me.

Then, I have somebody blatantly break rule 1.19, and ask about it in the Discord, to get no response.

This guy walks up and asks an aggressive question, and then goes AFK for 30 minutes... and then tells me he’s allowed to.

Then I get killed while in the middle of RP for OOC reasons.

...and now, sitting on a bench, OUT OF THE WAY, in Helena, trying to RP, I have avatars running and jumping over me, on me, and through me.

I ask them to stop.

They don’t.

I have a player MSG me, telling ME not to run/jump through Helena... but  counted a dozen people doing it just now, some of them into the lap of my seated character... and... nothing?

I thought this place was different... but I was wrong.

Excuse me.
I think I’m done here.

I accidentally suffered an outburst in Global OOC, thinking it was local.

I was muted/banned from OOC.

I go into the Discord server, apologize, and state that it won’t happen again...

I’m not told how long I’ll be muted, I’m not unmuted, and I’m left to just sit outside of a global conversation because I lost my cool once and owned it.

“You’re grounded...”
”I’m sorry...”
”You’re still grounded...”
”Okay... for how long?”
”Nobody will tell you...”

Doesn’t seem like an appropriate response to a first offense.

It also doesn’t seem appropriate given that I was in the middle of being harassed by one of your users, being cursed at by them, and then being killed OOCly in the middle of RP.

Yea... I was a little pissed...

...but simply stuffing my face in the corner without telling me what I did wrong... leaving ME to figure it out on my own.

Nobody TOLD me it was because I was in Global OOC... I only assume that much...

...and then not telling me for how long?

This isn’t how you treat a new user who had a problem with members and staff within the first month of playing...

Yea...

Now being LAUGHED at...?

By a “VIP”?
...for taking issue with how I’ve been treated?

93b98d1222c8299ab883671beab61442.png

I’m done here......

Edited by J_Wolf

@J_Wolf I had as well a terrible experience as a new player to say.

But what you are going through is unfair! No one should be mistreated cause they join in the server and they are new. By the staff, the players, the whole entire community for crying out loud! I agree that you shouldn’t be attacked or harmed and have this terrible of experience. But overall you opened my eyes, making me Remember my struggles. Also I hope you are doing well and I wish the best for you

To add this is a very brave thing to express your feelings and I admire it. I only wished that you had a better time and can see the greatness of this community.

At this point if you don’t want to stay, you don’t have to stay. 

Plenty of smaller communities that are more welcoming to new players. I wouldn’t quit cause of a meme community J but if that is what you want best of luck to you.

15 hours ago, 1_Language_1 said:

At this point I think I’d move to a different server 😞 I did

essentially

Is this a funny or something? idk man seems like you’ve picked a generic places to go and expect something different from generic places, should try and go to places which are not complete aids, it’s a funny post though, made me chuckle

I am sorry you had to go through all that, perhaps you should try other groups within the server that take rp more seriously before quitting. But besides that i cant offer you more advice, lotc can be frustrating at times.

ok so to summarise

”people were running around in a block game and that made me mad, so i screamed in OOC and now i’m muted”

do you expect sympathy? 

NGL but that’s LOTC for a new player... aaaaand Oren tends to be real weird so I wouldn’t take it to heart.