Governess Yearly

ErosTea

VOL. 1

EDITION. 1

Poets & Tea Publishing

Two Minas per Edition

Book Blitz and #Giveaway: Silversword by Kathryn Le Veque - Aurora ...

GOVERNESS YEARLY

New Reza, Haense

The Great Harvest | 1775

Jean-Siméon Chardin | The Young Schoolmistress | NG4077 | National ...

Written by: Adelaide Myrrh

Published by: P&T Publishing

Pg. 1

Children’s Fashion

‘Trending Clothes & Fabrics’

P2aqo0iL2aYi6YR7xX73H0ec2_m8bUS4QeR8X1Sd9GUhITw8dXcMeHioKxy5QWVv_vOOGkBg5KCz8_ZaL8vAZNULNIAO5A6jIL7wE1S6RfLgWghiRpOE5XUuW80WtnM4cl_RejR_

Lady Isabel Baruch | Drawn and Painted by Adelaide Myrrh

Lady Isabel Baruch’s sense of style and taste is already starting to set trends among the other young nobility of Haense. Red has always been a fine color for Haensmen especially on those of fairer complexion, the garnet shaded sanbej perfectly measures the maturity of crimson and blandness of mahogany.

The mellow red sanbej is cut with a round neckline embroidered with small gold etchings of forest flowers and lilies. Small puffs of lace white ruffles protruding from the neckline and connected to sleeves that are puffed at the shoulders and ending in a similar gold embroidery.

The majority of the forearm masked with stark white sleeves and split at the end with lace. The main part of the sanbej dips into a more angular shape at the waist and flows out from there reaching down to her ankles. The white layers of underclothing can just be barely seen but adds warmth and volume to the sanbej.

Finally, Lady Isabel Baruch sports a headband with dried wild berries on the side, dark walnut Baijlej laced with dark red silks, and a small cream purse circled around her wrist. The future for fashion within Haense is assured with the forward movement of noble youth and we can’t wait to see what more of what they’ll do.

**Contact Adelaide Myrrh in character or message erostea#3429 on discord to be featured!

Pg. 2

An Interview

‘Teachings of a Head Butler’

62JVZkN3pQ8AxshB3x0G5fP73q-k3fHymKit5TGJXUss3xnvbLfj2dwtUfbXIVBNFJyWd-4V52UklVGk5145Ko-wi1zRwaMwBHEtnnt0bE49ScditPSEIVpCy4G5q__G-TmHhUDQ

Head Butler Ruben var Ruthern | Drawn and Painted by Adelaide Myrrh

I was given the opportunity to speak with the Head Butler of the palace in New Reza. I’ve been graced to work with him for a few years now and he’s proven time and time again to be wise beyond his years. So, to all the governesses out there, and future ones, here a few tips from Ruben var Ruthern.

An Interview With Ruben var Ruthern| Written and Conducted by Adelaide Myrrh:

Adelaide “So, it seems that most people have trouble with getting children especially younger ones to fall asleep, how have you managed to tackle this difficult task?”

Ruben “To get children to fall asleep I usually tire them out first by playing games such as tag or hide and seek. After that when they’re actually IN bed, I would tell them a story until they fall asleep.”

Adelaide “What’s your favorite story to tell and have you ever put yourself in these stories?”

Ruben “My favorite story to tell is perhaps The Dashing Butler or The Wolf Squire, both of which I came up with from my own life and experiences, the dashing butler being a story about a butler from a royal family, it usually changes to match whatever it I’ve done that day. The Wolf Squire however, is a story about a young wolf who is learning to hunt, but he never could catch the rabbit. Even then he never stops trying, so he perseveres as well as learning from his mistakes until he catches the rabbit.”

Adelaide “Sounds like you have some pretty interesting stories, now what’s your go-to meal?”

Ruben “My favorite easy quick meal would perhaps be a lovely rabbit stew as it’s filling, easy to make, quick to make and quite tasty with the right recipe.”

Adelaide “I’m not sure if I’m allowed to ask, but what’s your secret ingredient?”

Ruben “My secret ingredient is a secret, though a big ingredient in my rabbit stew is ginger root, it adds a delightful fiery taste which is noticeable yet not overwhelming.”

Adelaide “I’ll have to try that one day, other than that what’s your favorite board game?”

Ruben “My favorite board game is Lafsk and my favorite physical game is Knights, a fun substitute to normal sword training and raises the children’s spirits.”

Adelaide “Do you usually let them win or do you give your best effort?”

Ruben “It depends on the children, if they’re younger and still learning then I will of course let them win, but if it’s some older children with some basic knowledge I will typically let them win but give them more of a challenge.”

Adelaide “From eating food to playing games what’s the best way to keep children entertained?”

Ruben “The best way to keep children entertained in my experiences is to play a game with them, or do an activity that they enjoy such as catching frogs or playing Lafsk.”

Adelaide “Are there any new games up your sleeve?”

Ruben “Not really, with my time as the Palace’s Head Butler and training for knighthood, I have been quite busy, though if the children get bored I can usually whip something up while I distract them with a cookie or two.”

Adelaide “Well thank’s for sharing some of that knowledge and I’m sure our readers can’t wait to try some new recipes!”

Pg. 3

Recipes

‘Dessert of the Year’

Amazon.com: Lemons - Oil Painting (9x12 Art Print, Wall Decor ...

Lemon Tart

Ingredients:

-4 Large Eggs

-1/3 Cup of Fresh Lemon Juice

-1 ½ Cups of Sugar

-1 Tablespoon of Lemon Zest

-1 Tablespoon of Orange Zest

-1/3 Cup of Melted Butter

-Powdered Sugar, for topping

-2 Cups of Flour

-1/2 Cup of Powdered Sugar

-3/4 Cup of  Cold Butter, Cubed

Instructions:

In one bowl, combine the eggs, lemon juice, sugar, lemon zest and orange zest. Then add the butter and continue mixing until smooth.

In a seperate bowl combine the flour, powdered sugar, and butter. Continue mixing until a sand like texture.

Press your dough firmly and evenly into a tart pan. Slowly pour your filling into the crust and place it into the oven for around 30-35 minutes or until the middle is almost set.

Let the tart cool down and serve!

Pg. 4

Fun Facts & Funnier Jokes

Fun Fact. 1

Did you know King’s Ivy is great for relaxing the mind and calming down the body?

What do Postmen wear?

Chain mail

Fun Fact. 2

Did you know Dried Picote acts as a great form of a bandage?

Why did the knight give his wife his armor to polish?

Because she wanted a knight in shining armor

Fun Fact. 3

On both the Imperial and Common calendars, the 5th month has the same name of Sun’s Smile

I like my wine like I like my cities

Fortified

**If you have any more fun facts or jokes please feel free to share! Message me on discord erostea#3429

Editor’s Note:

Hello to all parents, governesses, butlers, and guardians across Arcas. This is my first edition and I hope to share some quick tips and tricks to help raising our children and the future of all of our people. If you have any suggestions or would like to be featured please send me a letter and I’ll try to schedule an interview or enter some information you’d too like to share. Thank you for reading my first edition and I hope you’ll continue to read later ones.

-Adelaide Myrrh

Edited by ErosTea

Adryana sits down with the paper in hand as her next batch of cookies bake in the oven. ”Lovely,” she grins at the introduction, taking her time to read over it thoroughly.

“Oh my, this caught me by surprise. Well done, well done indeed.” Sigmund mutters to no one in particular as he took to the new edition of the Governess Yearly, sipping from a cup of tea and the likes. 

*Would take a seat after a long day of work, having bought the newspaper, he’d give a smirk and give it a read* ”Heh, ‘Knight in shining armor’ at’s a good one” *he’d chuckle*

“Huh?.” Stefan Vyronov says before he just returns to taking care of his kids.

In the cold northern peninsula, a certain minister’s wife would recline in her husband’s lavish estates, pouring over this new paper with great interest. “My,” she marveled, “what a wonderful publication- I shall write to the author posthaste with praise.”

The many adopted children of said minister’s wife all began to quiver in fear of the pretentious and stuffy outfits they would be forced to wear next, including quite a few of the grown ones.

James II laughs as he realizes why postmen wear “chain mail”. Hah!

“Note to self...find King Ivy...” The butler mutters to himself in a quiet and hushed tone, quickly jotting down ‘King Ivy’ into a notebook as he takes a secret break

Edited by ItsMrCannibal

Isabel Baruch excitedly pointed to the picture of herself in the newspaper as she tugged at her father's sleeve, “Papej! I’s me!”

“Lovely paper. But how did it end up here?” muses Damron Stafyr, as he finds the post in the wrong section of the skygod forums of the realm.

((Wrong section, you might want to notify a FM to move it to a suitable roleplay subforum.))