My Problem(s) With Oren

drfate786

11 minutes ago, bungo said:

perhaps there is a conspiracy? i heard drfate was also a member of this coal miner’s union, a well known terrorist organization and cult.

tea

damn, a terrorist organisation? is macface behind this?

38 minutes ago, drfate786 said:

-Fake religion that has no real RP once or ever and is basically copy pasta, because playing catholic priests and pretending to be some “GOD” fearing man is apparently “fun” RP. Kill and blacklist anyone who disagrees!

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH! It is not for lack of trying that Canonism is “fake” with no magical or “lore” backing. Canonism is one of the only truly player run and created religions on the server, and staff ******* hates it. All attempts at giving canonism magic systems or any form of mystical elements have been denied, despite Canonism being older than any artificial admagic system and using lore which ACTUALLY OCCURED on the server. 

Once again I have to defend Canonism... honestly guys, the Holy Scrolls are released now, so everyone should know better than to accuse it of being Catholic copypasta. Canonism developed naturally over the course of RL years of roleplay. The various saints are real characters with interesting life stories and the theology is more Jewish/Muslim than it is Christian. Set aside your OOC biases: it’s probably the most successful, longest-lasting attempt at an entirely player-run institution—it is by numbers the most popular religion on the map and it has 0 sources of magical power and no staff endorsement. It is so appealing because it’s the cumulative work of dozens of people who were interested enough to write their own takes on it, and to advocate for their particular theology in-character, rather than making up a new religion whole-cloth and getting it approved by the LT.

15 minutes ago, VIROS said:

Once again I have to defend Canonism... honestly guys, the Holy Scrolls are released now, so everyone should know better than to accuse it of being Catholic copypasta. Canonism developed naturally over the course of RL years of roleplay. The various saints are real characters with interesting life stories and the theology is more Jewish/Muslim than it is Christian. Set aside your OOC biases: it’s probably the most successful, longest-lasting attempt at an entirely player-run institution—it is by numbers the most popular religion on the map and it has 0 sources of magical power and no staff endorsement. It is so appealing because it’s the cumulative work of dozens of people who were interested enough to write their own takes on it, and to advocate for their particular theology in-character, rather than making up a new religion whole-cloth and getting it approved by the LT.

Canonism was literally a copy pasta of the bible back in Asulon, the development you mention happened through “years” of people RP’ing as crusaders. Ie, the order of St.Amyas (edit: St.Lucien too) and the white lotus which used it as an excuse to go kill elves. The very foundation for Canonism is an RL religion and the bible at that, this is confirmed by Mogroka and everyone who was there back in Asulon and Aegis will say so (edit: Assuming they’re not being dishonest or their memory hasn’t been corrupted through the years). If I take a Harry Potter book and spend years turning it into a fanfic it is still a Harry Potter book, the only difference is that that book is now a horribly written fanfic. You’re welcome to debate me on this but you won’t change my mind.

Edited by drfate786

3 minutes ago, Will (TauFirewarrior) said:

Personally I think Oren should make drfate its next emperor.

+1

4 minutes ago, Will (TauFirewarrior) said:

Personally I think Oren should make drfate its next emperor.

Why would they make someone who would dissolve Oren and ensure it never comes back emperor?

5 minutes ago, drfate786 said:

If I take a Harry Potter book and spend years turning it into a fanfic it is still a Harry Potter book, the only difference is that that book is now a horribly written fanfic.

That’s a very strange point to make on a server named Lord of the Craft

You never change. The same old mad child.

5 minutes ago, drfate786 said:

Canonism was literally a copy pasta of the bible back in Asulon, the development you mention happened through “years” of people RP’ing as crusaders. Ie, the order of St.Amyas and the white lotus which used it as an excuse to go kill elves. The very foundation for Canonism is an RL religion and the bible at that, this is confirmed by Mogroka and everyone who was there back in Asulon and Aegis will say so. If I take a Harry Potter book and spend years turning it into a fanfic it is still a Harry Potter book, the only difference is that that book is now a horribly written fanfic. You’re welcome to debate me on this but you won’t change my mind.

Ah, so when something starts out being rp’ed differently nearly 8 years ago, it is therefore never allowed to develop naturally and change. I especially like the logic that if something started out as a fanfiction of something, no matter how much new information and different worldbuilding occurs, it is still a fanfiction.

3 minutes ago, drfate786 said:

Why would they make someone who would dissolve Oren and ensure it never comes back emperor?

don’t think that’d work chief, someone would just reform it.

1 hour ago, bungo said:

perhaps there is a conspiracy? i heard drfate was also a member of this coal miner’s union, a well known terrorist organization and cult.

I remember when the bungo I fell in love with was a doom forge

16 minutes ago, drfate786 said:

RP’ing as crusaders. Ie, the white lotus which used it as an excuse to go kill elves. 

Dude, the white lotus were chill benders from all four nations who wanted to keep the balance with the avatar 

340?cb=20130111100845

Don’t diss uncle Iroh like that please

White ROSE however was BEFORE cannonism, we killed elves for other reasons.

I don’t get! If you don’t like canonism don’t rp it, if you want it gone do something about it in rp rather than ooc threads. Why does it matter how it was founded or how people roleplayed it, it is roleplay!