My Problems with Canonism

Lojo613

Wow, okay, lets start off with the worst part of Canonism!

1. The age of the religion

Canonism is a stinky old religion made by stinky old players named DIB and VIROS who are both confirmed Neo-N*zis, it has been around forever on the server unlike cool new religions yet hasn’t radically been changed! I left this server 5 years ago and have recently come back and STILL NOTHING HAS CHANGED!!!111! Religion should be constantly changing and radically shifting with the times, not remaining stable!

1. ITS FAKE

Canonism is literally fake! None of the people who run or created the lore for Canonism are admins or mods!!11 What the frick!?!/!? HOw can people not at all connected to the lore be allowed to run a religion which makes up the majority of the active player population!?!?! Canonism has no magic system unlike Druids or Monks or Shamans, and has no actual magic occuring, it is all based on faith and belief like real life!! IF THINGS AREN’T RETCONNED OR RETROACTIVELY CHANGED AS LORE IS RETROACTIVELY CHANGED, HOW IS THAT FAIR TO THE ADMINS!?!!?

1. It is racist and intolerant

Canonism was made by an evil evil evil man named VIROS who is confirmed to be a Catholic priest irl and DIB who is a white nationalist. As such, clearly this religion reflects the real life values of the leaders in the religion. Canonism bans inter-species breeding cuz G-D said! Yeah, okay, I get it, half-elves suffer all the same curses as humans and elves, being unable to breed and half shortened lifespans, but why should I be IRPly punished just because G-D said no?!?!? And Heresy, this isn’t the middle ages, it just isn’t fair that any time people try to make cults and heresies that they get killed by the church.

1. Too much reading

Have you ever read the Holy Scrolls!? TLDR; ITs 20 pages long of lore u can’t even use anywhere, whats the point, not to mention the nearly 100 pages of extra stuff made by players like Bagely and Sug and Totus, literally too much to read. How is any new player going to get into that!

1. Based of the worst religion

Literally based of Catholicism. Useless, dumb, evil religion. Actually the embodiment of evil. If you want to play a human religion which is based off of a better rl source, do Rashidunism, they are based of Islam which is a better religion because they never oppressed scientists.

1. No magic!

This may seem like a repeat of #2, but no, this is different. There is not just no real lore because no mods support it, but no magical system. Even if there was no lore, there is no magic to make it worth your while to be a priest. Priests cant banish sickness or make their prayers work, literally no gain from being a priest. The only people who can even be priests are those who want to dedicate a lot of time to writing, reading, and actually directly rping and interacting with individuals in a way that might not benefit them at all and have a distinct disadvantage to warriors, other magic users, and even monsters, with their only power inherently coming from faith and dedication and the moral effect the religion has on others! NO FUN AND NO OPPORTUNITY FOR INTERESTING RP!

TLDR;

Canonism is an old religion which formed naturally as a result of player experiences on the server rather than artificial creation by the Staff or Lore team. The massive amount of Lore is all player written and organically developing as a labor of love by various individuals with no real power on the server as these individuals are NOT Staff or on the Lore team. All attempts at giving Canonism some Lore tie ins or magical aspects have been denied, which has led to the common OOC belief that Canonism is “fake” (to quote drfate). It is based off of an intolerant medieval variant of a real world religion, and creates drama and violence IRP through its policies and actions. Clearly this is toxic to the server, and needs to be deleted and replaced with a hand crafted by staff magic system. 

Oh no I’ve been caught 😞 

Just now, VIROS said:

Oh no I’ve been caught 😞 

Virus the notorious homosexual white supremacist neo-nazi, neo-confederate, Grand Master Dragon of the KKK.

It’s a shame to see someone so misinformed, the reason every lore tie-in and magic was denied was because they never worked with the staff and attempted to make some overpowered magic that would counter others. There were never multiple attempts at creating some balanced magical lore or tie-in and they never kept trying, the fact that its foundation was also copy pasted from IRL religion from the very start of the server means the lore team had a natural biased against it. You’re not listening and you’re not actually trying to argue any of these points, you’re just quoting what someone else told you. I was there back in Asulon and I know people who were also there.

7 minutes ago, drfate786 said:

and they never kept trying, the fact that its foundation was also copy pasted from IRL religion from the very start of the server means the lore team had a natural biased against it. You’re not listening and you’re not actually trying to argue any of these points, you’re just quoting what someone else told you. I was there back in Asulon and I know people who were also there.

I don’t think if you’ve read the scrolls but you should, I don’t think its the bible!

2 minutes ago, drfate786 said:

I was there back in Asulon and I know people who were also there.

Hmmm.. so since you were there when it was first created, and most likely have never revisited any of the lore at any point in time that you are therefore more informed than me? Interesting. I roleplayed a priest back in Atheira,  Vailor,  Axios, and now in Arcas. I can confirm that there was a very clear and well written lore attempt back in VAILOR that proposed a very weak magic system for Canonism revolving around calling on saints to perform minor miracles like MAKE A SWORD GLOW and ALLOW SOMEONE TO SPEAK A LANGUAGE TEMPORARILY. Although, you must clearly be right because you were there when the server was first created and the religion was in its infancy, so clearly you are an expert. The purpose of this post is to simply agree with you, and you are absolutely correct!

Just now, Boniface said:

I don’t think if you’ve read the scrolls but you should, I don’t think its the bible!

The scrolls came in far later and were originally written by Mogroka, Mogroka however copyrighted them and the ones you are currently using are fakes/rewritten ones. You can re-write a fanfic as much as you want, it’s still a fanfic.

1 minute ago, drfate786 said:

The scrolls came in far later and were originally written by Mogroka, Mogroka however copyrighted them and the ones you are currently using are fakes/rewritten ones. You can re-write a fanfic as much as you want, it’s still a fanfic.

And when did this supposed copyrighting occur? give me a year

2 minutes ago, Lojo613 said:

And when did this supposed copyrighting occur? give me a year

Between 2019-2020, it was quite recent. It doesn’t matter either since the very foundation for the lore is and was the bible put into a tldr back in Aegis and Asulon. The first scrolls were only written by Mogroka during Anthos to give it some legitimacy since RP quality rose up back then and it wouldn’t have been as accepted.

Edit: Trying to prove or disprove any of this to you though is pointless. I know what the truth on the matter is and trying to debate it with any of you is pointless since you’ll try to devalidate it. My only assumption is that you’re trying to deceive other players and that’s just wrong.

Edited by drfate786

4 minutes ago, drfate786 said:

lol, isn’t this entire server a fanfic, you’re arguing about issues that you should solve in roleplay. Nobodies making threads about how all-fatherism is much akin to satanism lol, get a grip!

Edited by Boniface

Just now, drfate786 said:

Between 2019-2020, it was quite recent. It doesn’t matter either since the very foundation for the lore is and was the bible put into a tldr back in Aegis and Asulon. The first scrolls were only written by Mogroka during Anthos to give it some legitimacy since RP quality rose up back then and it wouldn’t have been as accepted.

Very interesting, I remember reading the Holy Scrolls in 2016 and it was an unfinished version of what we currently have. I even quoted them on my alt,.

Just now, Lojo613 said:

Very interesting, I remember reading the Holy Scrolls in 2016 and it was an unfinished version of what we currently have. I even quoted them on my alt,.

That is true, there were incomplete ones lying around for ages, the ones available now are the finished version by viros and dibbo

Just now, Lojo613 said:

Yeah okay, you’ve proven my point on the deception. The more all of you try to build up on a tower of lies the sooner it will collapse, remember that.

6 minutes ago, drfate786 said:

Yeah okay, you’ve proven my point on the deception. The more all of you try to build up on a tower of lies the sooner it will collapse, remember that.

Uh what? I had an alt-forum account named “Thomas Aquinas” which made accusations against the emperor calling him a Harrenite. There was no deception at all because the family of the priest I was playing at the time was being unjustly executed on trumped up treason charges. You can go and read the whole drama if you want, the account still exists. I had quoted the unfinished scrolls which are pretty nearly identical to the finished scrolls, and I didn’t have an alt to “decieve” people about canonism, I had an alt to prevent Empire meta-gaming and make the drama more fun.

Edited by Lojo613

2 minutes ago, Lojo613 said:

For those not aware of the deception they have just attempted, the FIRST scrolls were written in Anthos by Mogroka.