Tutorial Series - Part 1 - Signs

LotsOfMuffins

Header-6.png?width=1440&height=441Part 1 – Signs

yYufq6hWjQGRlRnS7Z5sgLrnpNp-eto9o8T3VTGQ

INTRODUCTION

The Content Creation Team has started a new series for their videos: tutorials! In order to help both new and old players out, we will be creating short and informational tutorial videos on how to use various plugins and general tips. The Projects FG in the Community Team writes scripts in sections for the chosen topic, I review the scripts and edit them for clarity and cohesion, pass it onto one of our volunteer voice actors who then create the voiceovers for the script, then pass it onto a footage-gatherer in the Content Creation Team who takes cinematic footage based off of what is necessary in the script, and finally, I hand it off to a video editor to put everything together. This process is currently being used for several other videos, and it’s working, so I’m excited to get to show you guys even more!

-OYbgYdhpksuTSyoA954puMPRzngjm0lNM-Sblz8

SIGNS

The first video in this series that we’ve completed is the signs video! This video goes over most of what you can do with signs: link forum posts, make gates, build bridges, and create doors out of blocks. We currently have a tutorial on how to apply to the server in the making, and the scripts for tutorials on persona creation, using and making shops, and editing items are done, so we’re currently in the process of gathering voiceovers for them. I hope you guys see them soon!

If you have any feedback or any ideas for future videos, either in this series or not, please feel free to leave a comment. 

-OYbgYdhpksuTSyoA954puMPRzngjm0lNM-Sblz8

CREDITS

Script: @AnonymousAlexa@Brandybrook, @MC_BreadStick, @snoopie12, and @TimberBuff

Voiceover: TheSpiritDragon (not on LotC)

Footage: @Tykeandy

Graphics: @Tykeandy

Editing: @Tykeandy

1K2PKIWIL30aRvc4HsbK_X1xk31pUOLDsrHLgkzJ

ejZWvprKIHmMzVcfZxQMA-xZaEVP9Uc3q5ZXURU6

Hey look! My skin! 😄

God I ******* love this video but I can’t help but feel like the resources could’ve been better spent somewhere else.

Good work to all those who worked on it, though. I like the style and look forward to seeing it used again soon, if you plan on that.

2 minutes ago, I_Own_A_Cat said:

God I ******* love this video but I can’t help but feel like the resources could’ve been better spent somewhere else.

Good work to all those who worked on it, though. I like the style and look forward to seeing it used again soon, if you plan on that.

we’ve got LOADS more in the making, not just tutorial videos! so dont worry, youll see some cool stuff. if you have any suggestions on other types, please let us know! we are doing spotlights on nations and their histories next ❤️ 

In 8.0, I want to make a building that is 100% gate. The whole thing can disappear and reappear with the flick of a few switches.

Oohh I saw that house while exploring the area of CT and wondered what it was. The tutorial looks so gooddd

The video is pretty good. The only complaint I’d have is the text flashes by too fast. I don’t think it’s necessary to have the text if it’s going to instantly disappear.

Don’t think I saw it mentioned in the list of videos being created, but perhaps a video on how to acquire land (Settlement) would be beneficial, since its no longer as open as it were before.

18 minutes ago, DylanDeNewb said:

Don’t think I saw it mentioned in the list of videos being created, but perhaps a video on how to acquire land (Settlement) would be beneficial, since its no longer as open as it were before.

we were concerned about doing this due to how it will change next map, if at all. it’s changed quite a bit this map, so we haven’t really touched the idea. however, ill let the team know, and we might start on a script for that next

Wonderful work by everyone involved. This is the first good piece of staff produced server content of this kind I have seen in years. Keep up the great work. 

I’d love to see a video tutorial about how to set up shops, as it seems to be one of the most commonly asked about plugins from my experience. I think it would also be beneficial to set up a page on the forums with this and other future tutorials and videos, as from what I remember the tutorial and guides section of the forum is messy and super outdated. Thanks again for putting in genuine effort, it’s stuff like this that the server really needs to excel once more.

10 hours ago, ShannonLeigh said:

I’d love to see a video tutorial about how to set up shops, as it seems to be one of the most commonly asked about plugins from my experience.

13 hours ago, LotsOfMuffins said:

We currently have a tutorial on how to apply to the server in the making, and the scripts for tutorials on persona creation, using and making shops, and editing items are done, so we’re currently in the process of gathering voiceovers for them. I hope you guys see them soon!

I think it would also be beneficial to set up a page on the forums with this and other future tutorials and videos, as from what I remember the tutorial and guides section of the forum is messy and super outdated.

good idea! thanks for the suggestion. also, the tutorial section was completely revamped, reorganized, and updated as of like a month ago! so it’s 100% up-to-date ❤️ the community team finished that project a while back

Thanks again for putting in genuine effort, it’s stuff like this that the server really needs to excel once more.

thanks so much! im really happy that you like the video and the idea